Reply The Tekken Force
King discussion

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jomura

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:31 pm
I dunno what the deal is, but I can't seem to find much info for King. I've tried tekkenzaibatsu, but clearly King isn't a popular character there. What's up with that? Is he not a good character?

Anyhow, if there are any good king users here, my question would be what's a good setup for those combination throws? I can't get anyone to fall for them, so I feel like I'm wasting my time learning them.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:08 am
Don't bother with his chain throws, they're garbage and very, very easy to break.

King is solid. He's got decent lows, great mids, great throws, etc. The only thing he was missing in 5.0 was a wall combo, which he now has in DR.

Your throws of choice are going to be Giant Swing (GS), instant Shining Wizard (iSW), Tombstone, and Muscle Buster (you'll be using iSW more).

d/f+1,2 is a super solid string. You can delay the second hit, which will start setting up mind games. d/f+1>2, d/f+1, iSW, etc.

d+1,2 is your high crush of choice. Safe.

f+3 is a GREAT mid. On hit, f+3:1+2 is stupid damage for such a safe, easy mid.

Your juggle of choice off of a low parry will be: u/f+4, f+2,2, f+1, iSW. If it's DR, u/f+4, d/f+2,1, 1, iSW

CH d/f+2,1, d+3+4,2 is tight in DR. Be careful with it though, since the second hit can (and will) be ducked.

b+1 is a great move. On CH you get f+3, 1, 1, 1, iSW (obviously, to be easier, you can do just f+3, 1, iSW).

f+1+4 is the manliest move in Tekken

u/f+1+2 is good as well. Watch out since it has NO tracking though

d/b+4, u/f+3 is NC

d/b+3 is a decent low, but be careful with it. It's good because you can set up minor mind games with it (d/b+3, iSW, d/b+3, WS+4, d/b+3, FC,d/f+4, etc)

Use King's fast clothesline to punish whiffs, and b+3 punishes whiffs as well.

iSW is performed by doing f,N,ff+2+4. You can buffer the first forward at the end of a moves recovery, then quickly ff+2+4. The best way to practice is to get two backdashes away, and see if you can iSW from that distance. Practice, practice, practice. Just because it's hard, doesn't mean you're better off doing easier stuff. The easier stuff sucks, and you can and will be consistant with anything given practice.  

Icege

Dead Twisted Romance
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:58 pm
O_o  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:01 pm
Go to the tekken zaibatsu forums and check the character stradegy page. Lots of people can help you there  

Miyavi San

Gen_Eric_Gui

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:40 am
Quote:
f+1+4 is the manliest move in Tekken

QFE

I was trying to do instant Shining Wizard like you said but he keeps doing the throw "Tomohawk". Is that the same thing? (The command is F,F,F+2+4, there's no neutral, it goes off even when I do the pause)  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:40 pm
I'm pretty sure that's the same move.  

Jomura

Icege

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:07 am
Yea, Tomahawk is the same thing as Shining Wizard. Originally done by Reckless Youth in the US indy wrestling circuit. It's a pretty popular move in Japan now.  
The Tekken Force

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games