Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply Pokémon Defenders
Badges Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Badges
I am a gym leader! I can't try for badges... get my badge!
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
I wan't a badges I just havn't gotten around to it..
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
I have badges, I don't care for more.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I think it's too hard.
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
I wan't a reward before I try.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I am not doing it until there is an Elite Four!
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Other (please explain)
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 16

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:03 pm
Okay, I am a gym leader, and I know we are some of the most common posters but is there anyone out there interested in trying to earn our badges, I have NO submissions for gaining my badge and most of the gym leaders seem to have their gyms fall off the first page all the time. Do you guys want our badges, do you think it is too hard? Have you not gotten around to it? Did you not know you can earn our badges, are the rewards not good enough? What is it?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:11 pm
I'm interested in getting the badges, but I suppose I just don't really have the skills to rp battle for it redface nor the time to wait for the other person to post, or the knowledge for when I'll be online next... @@ if I could do something drawing related, that would be no problem...  

Aoi Hikari

Romantic Prophet

15,075 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:41 pm
I want people to get my badges......Hotaru-neko wanted to, but she dissappeared.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:44 am
Aoi Hikari
I'm interested in getting the badges, but I suppose I just don't really have the skills to rp battle for it redface nor the time to wait for the other person to post, or the knowledge for when I'll be online next... @@ if I could do something drawing related, that would be no problem...
Well that just happens to be an option in my gym! biggrin Read the rules there! wink  

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Flanny-Chan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:36 am
I don't RP at all here, is that a problem? redface I joined this guild because it's all about Pokémon and I like to talk about that.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:51 am
Nothing is wrong with that, my badge doesn't have anything to do with RP! I don't think that that should be the only way to get a badge! Check out gym threads for the rules on getting thier badges.  

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Flanny-Chan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:06 am
Take for example the Bleeding Heart Gym. How could I get my badge there, how do I know what Pokémon I've got?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:14 am
Ehh...I'm with most people in that I dont like RP battling...takes too long for my tastes and I'm not that skilled at it.
I'm thinking of new ways for you to get my badge though.  

Namagoroshi_Okibi

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:25 am
I think the problem is is that most, if not all, of the gyms' main mode of getting the Badges is through winning an RP battle, and most of the members either no do prefer RP battling, or think themselves too unskilled to even stand a chance of winning.

I, myself, have no problems with RP battling, seeing as I'm an RP junkie and, as Dorkuu puts it, a hardcore RPer. I'm just too lazy to get the Badges.

Besides, what good are the Badges? They don't give us any special privilidges (excuse my spelling). They don't comand respect from the rest of our fellow guild members. Hell, they don't do anything but sit there and look pretty in our signatures. And probably about ninety percent of Gaia wouldn't know what the hell they are, either.

So I think that's most likely another reason why so few of us have Badges; because they're pointless.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:42 pm
^ I agree, fully.

Most people made it so that you do not have to RP to get the badges, though RPing is more fun. ^^

Plus, they are pointless. They sit there, it's....a very good reason on why people don't try to get the badges.

I, like Alexa, have no problems with RPing, though I'm not as good as her. And, we do have an Elite.......Two. sweatdrop

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:24 pm
Fox Demon Shippo
^ I agree, fully.

Most people made it so that you do not have to RP to get the badges, though RPing is more fun. ^^

Plus, they are pointless. They sit there, it's....a very good reason on why people don't try to get the badges.

I, like Alexa, have no problems with RPing, though I'm not as good as her. And, we do have an Elite.......Two. sweatdrop

The Elite Duo! xd  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:40 pm
Alexa-sama
Fox Demon Shippo
^ I agree, fully.

The Elite Duo! xd

One of whom hasn't been able to get online much lately and the other doesn't appear much... Anyways, all the games have an elite FOUR, AND a champion! But I am starting to see that people aren't that interested... Allthough you could make it so that clicking on a badge you earned brings you to the gym page where what you did to earn the badge is displayed! wink I think it would be an honor to have a badge, I would have tried to get them all allready if I weren't a gym leader! xd Oh well, they are availible there for people who DO wan't them. smile  

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Sui Kune

Moonlight Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:56 pm
I would, but I'm not good at rp-battles, and plus I'm incredibly lazy. I only prefer to rp certain things, and plus even if I did win any badges, I don't have an image host with enough bandwidth for Gaia....the bandwidth-sucking here is insane. stressed I'd have no problem if I had to answer Pokemon trivia, though, I've absorbed many things from playing the games since around '97 or '98.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:02 am
Actually, a lot of the gyms have other options to obtain badges.. but it is true that they are quite pointless. Maybe we leaders need to put our crazy heads together and think of a use or two..  

dorkus-malorkus

Tipsy Humorist

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:47 pm
dorkus-malorkus
Actually, a lot of the gyms have other options to obtain badges.. but it is true that they are quite pointless. Maybe we leaders need to put our crazy heads together and think of a use or two..

GGGooollldddd. surprised  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces