Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
October Contest - Guild Mascot Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gonna enter?
Hell yeah!
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Maybe, if I get some inspiration
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Nah, I'm too lazy
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:44 pm
Sorry about the late start on this contest!.

This months subject is a guild mascot, who will eventually appear on the front page, and all stickies.

Specifications
Design a mascot for the guild. Can be human, animal, bird, a tree, whatever you like. Please keep the design simple, so that the mascot can be reproduced in different poses later as we need them by either you or another artist.

Submit TWO completed pictures of your mascot, one for the front page, and another in a different pose (maybe something suitable for one of the stickies?). Don't forget to name your mascot! A background story isn't necessary, but go ahead if you want to 3nodding

Submissions are due by the end of Monday, 1st November. A poll will be run to decide the winner.

The Prize
The winner will receive an October 2004 letter, provided by me blaugh

Rules
1. You may submit as many entries as you like.
2. Entries submitted after the closing date will not be in the running for the prize.
3. I shouldn't have to say this, but please no inappropriate or unoriginal material.

Post your submissions here, and also feel free to discuss any ideas you might have. If you have any suggestions for future contests, please suggest them here.

Good luck to everyone!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:03 am
can i make a pixel doll? i mean, if the base is not created by me, but i do the hair etc  

Krystal_digitaliS

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:12 am
Krystal_digitaliS
can i make a pixel doll? i mean, if the base is not created by me, but i do the hair etc

Sorry, I'll have to say no to this one sweatdrop I think we need a mascot that can easily be redrawn in different poses, so we can make nice titles featuring him/her/it for our stickies, and if you're working from a premade base, then its harder to do something like that.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:14 am
Chisa
Krystal_digitaliS

Sorry, I'll have to say no to this one sweatdrop I think we need a mascot that can easily be redrawn in different poses, so we can make nice titles featuring him/her/it for our stickies, and if you're working from a premade base, then its harder to do something like that.

lol premade bases come with at least 3 different poses razz  

Krystal_digitaliS

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:21 am
Krystal_digitaliS
Chisa
Krystal_digitaliS

Ah, sorry, I didn't realise, I don't know anything about dolling sweatdrop . That should be okay then - just as long as you credit the maker of the bases. And try choose a base with quite a few poses to be on the sage side? 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:24 am
Chisa
Krystal_digitaliS
Chisa
Krystal_digitaliS

Ah, sorry, I didn't realise, I don't know anything about dolling sweatdrop . That should be okay then - just as long as you credit the maker of the bases. And try choose a base with quite a few poses to be on the sage side? 3nodding
sure, i'll post the other bases with it as well  

Krystal_digitaliS

Krystal_digitaliS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:03 am
here is the version with clothes. User Image User Imagei will post the bases tomorrow as i am not supposed to be onthe internet right now erm bases by autum pixels ......i think >.< oh well TADAAAA  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:11 am
Yay, first submission! Nice work! Sexy mascot. Don't forget to do another picture of the same character, and give her a name 3nodding  

Chisa
Vice Captain

GhoSt-X

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:05 am
i suck with sketching .. designing characters..  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:43 am
GhoSt-X
i suck with sketching .. designing characters..

Oh come on, it doesn't have to be something hard to draw... when I thought of 'mascot', I was thinking along the lines of something cute, iconic, easily identifiable and easy to draw, like the Sanrio characters. I'll probably be doing something easy like that 3nodding  

Chisa
Vice Captain

GhoSt-X

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:37 am
Teresa.... u should know from knowing me for quite a while ..
in terms of drawing people i suck .. il lstick to doig layouts and photos..  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:08 pm
Yesh . . . Count me in. 3nodding Shouldn't take long either, since it'll be small, cute, and simple. whee  

Kitsunehime

Triskdaemon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:35 pm
All right, my entry, whom I have affectionately nicknamed G-man. Here's him walking....
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And posing....
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Simple, and goes up or down in size well - very easy to put into vector...
No hands, however. Thanks for viewing, Domo says hi. ( domokun )  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:12 pm
G-Man is cute blaugh And nice and clean, easy to draw. I like it!

Keep the submissions coming! I still haven't got any concrete ideas for mine... or time to think of some xp  

Chisa
Vice Captain

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:43 am
13 days left peoples, lets see some more entries!

God I'm a hypocrite xd  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces