Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Stupid Rumors/False information

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rabbit-eyes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:36 pm
There are some really stupid rumors or misconceptions when it comes to Sailor Moon.

For instance, a guy in my college has tried to convice me of the following:

"Sailor Moon's name is Bunny in the Japanese version because in Japan they thought Bunny was the all-time most popular American name for a girl."

"In the Japanese version, Sailor Jupiter and Mars are lesbians."

"Sailor Pluto is a lesbian."

Facts:
Sailor Moon's name is Usagi (which means Rabbit) because of the Japanese fairytale about a rabbit living on the moon. Also, if they wanted her name to be Americanized, why would they not say the American word "Bunny", instead of "Usagi" which also means rabbit?

Jupiter, Mars and Pluto are lesbians? Wrong again. I told him "I don't know what 'Japanese version' you're watching, but Mars and Jupiter were never lesbians". In every version, Makoto falls in love with Motoki at some point, plus in the anime she mentions that she sometimes misses her ex-boyfriend. As for Rei, in the anime she falls for Tuxedo Mask, but in the manga she has no interest in dating whatsoever.

When it comes to Sailor Pluto, she is never shown with a lover or crush in any version, but it is believed by many fans that she fell into unrequited love with Endymion during the days of the White Moon Kingdom.

Now granted, this guy makes up rumors about ANYTHING (he tried to tell us that Ronald McDonald is always played by a woman and that Barney is played by a lesbian - my boyfriend and I looked it up and neither are true) But when it comes to making up lies about Sailor Moon, he shouldn't try that around me. I corrected him in a heartbeat. xd

However, he's not the only one with false Sailor Moon info.
I've seen many other stupid Sailor Moon rumors floating around.

Care to share any?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:05 pm
http://eternalsailormoon.org/rumors/index.html

This site has LOTS of rumors sent to the site's creator and she posted them (with comments)  

Darkness Cake

Rabbit-eyes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:01 pm
Roselite Blade
http://eternalsailormoon.org/rumors/index.html

This site has LOTS of rumors sent to the site's creator and she posted them (with comments)

Wow o__o  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:35 pm
I hate the rumor that ChibiChibi is Chibe-usa's daughter. I got into quite the heated arguement with a few people about that.  

Unicorntatttoo

KevinIDodson

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:21 am
I dont even want to see anyyy more rumors...cause face facts rumors suck! =]  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:09 am
HoursBeforeDawn
I hate the rumor that ChibiChibi is Chibe-usa's daughter. I got into quite the heated arguement with a few people about that.

Yeah, I haven't seen Sailor Stars and even I still know better. xd  

Rabbit-eyes

Rabbit-eyes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:11 am
KevinIDodson
I dont even want to see anyyy more rumors...cause face facts rumors suck! =]

Well I don't blame you, it got me really annoyed when that guy was trying to insist all of these things that were false.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:36 pm
aw, Roselite Blade got to put up that site before me, oh well

yeah, the dumbest one that i've heard that wasn't on that site was one my friends told me she heard from somewhere else. She was saying that in the Japanese version, Mamoru was a wife-beater, Chibiusa was a drug dealer and that when Ami became a doctor she was an alcholic. stare

she had more to tell me, but i interuppted her in the middle because i couldn't stand to hear any more.  

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Darkness Cake

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:28 pm
The strangest I've heard outside of the website is that in Japan there was an episode where you actually see Usagi and Mamoru going at it to concieve Chibi-Usa... yeah right...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:10 pm
Stuuupid!!!  

KevinIDodson

Ryuondo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:01 pm
People... I swear. Why people make up retarded rumors like those is far beyond me. Ami becoming an alcoholic. Pshh, BS. Mamoru a wife beater, he doesnt have the personality for that. Probably got it from some "fan" made dating sim. Kinda like those really bizaar ones on New Grounds.  
Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games