Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
difference between real life && internet

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

o s t a r s t r u c k o

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:01 am

i wasn't quite sure whether this would go under the relationship topic or not, so i just made a new topic.

has anyone noticed that in real life many people reject you but online it's the complete opposite? it's that way with me, only with guys... for some reason i tend to attract a lot of guys online and it bothers me a lot. especially when they get too attached like this one guy did and i've tried telling him goodbye but he won't let go. he keeps calling every day. and the reason i don't think it will work is because the guy is twenty.

but he's not the only guy. there are a lot of other guys that have hit on me online. and most of them are at least eighteen, except one that i can think of. i don't see what i'm doing that's attracting them. most of them act like every day friends, but sometimes they get a little carried away. i should probably just tell them to back off, but i don't think that will work.

what can i do?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:44 am
Honestly, alot of them are just desperate geeks that try to sympathise with your life a little too much, personally I only tell girls I think they are beautiful if I mean it, where as alot of guys will just say it in hopes of getting close to your underwear, especially online. Online alot.... nay most people are fakes, rather then project the real selves, they give out this idealised view, because they have time to think about things they say or do. For example, I seem to be relatively friendly, easy going and cool online, in real life, I'm some lanky gimp who can't make a joke to save his life and has all the fashion sense of an african elephant.  

Rellik San
Captain

Prince_Padraic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:16 pm
hey,the african elephant look is in this year...jk

well its actualy the opposite for me....i express my real self online where as im too afraid too around here.....

its the same with me though....well i have a girlfriend i met online....but i didnt get with her until i knew her for like 2 years.....and we used to talkon the phone everynight....

i thinkits partly because of what Rellik San said but also i think part of it is that people act differantly when they dont have the friends around them theyre worried about keeping....

just my opinion.

i think you should tell them that your okay with being friends but if they dont back off and stop calling you you'll press charges for harrassment  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:19 pm
The fact that all these guys are 18 and 20 seems to suggest they can't meet girls on their own, so pray on young naive teens online.
It's easy to be wooed over by words in pm's and msn conversations they have time to sit back and construct.

You have to remember not every creep is going to say "Hi, pixplz." As sad as these people are they have played out to natural selection and thesedays are alot more cunning in their ploys to get in your pants.
Sure, there are nice guys on the internet, but chances are a 20 year old wanting to talk to you constantly isn't just interested in how school was today.

A little bit carried away is a little bit too carried away. You can tell them to back off. It's called blocking.
You don't necessarily have to 'attract' guys like this. Most of them probably look for girls. What attracts them is that you don't put your foot down from the start. The fact you're not telling them to ******** off merely encourages these guys.

Harsh, but true.

Gambino Statue

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:30 am
Here's an interesting ploy. I have the same thing but in reverse, in other words, scores of teenage (well 13 - 16 year old) girls that all claim to fall in love with me, and get upset if I don't talk to them for a while.

I wonder if the same situational rules apply.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:33 am
interent relationships are so much more simple and easy. you change into a different person without even thinking about it to please the other person.

its safer for your emotions because its not face to face. you can say things without people knowing if it was the kind of thing you would usually say or not, and everyone is much more accepting.

but its true, i get hit on a lot online, and im just not interested, but its harder to make a clean break online too, because you're not face to face, and people can take things differently.  

ycorpse

Rayna Ducane

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:53 pm
ycorpse
interent relationships are so much more simple and easy. you change into a different person without even thinking about it to please the other person.

its safer for your emotions because its not face to face. you can say things without people knowing if it was the kind of thing you would usually say or not, and everyone is much more accepting.

but its true, i get hit on a lot online, and im just not interested, but its harder to make a clean break online too, because you're not face to face, and people can take things differently.

hmm i kinda tend to diagree on this... on the emotionas part... my greatest heartbreak was a boy online.. due to the fact i was unable to get to him face to face.. it has more obstacles....

but other than that... yes you can be the person u want to be online cause more attention and such.. since in real life.. those ppl have known u for so long.. they expect u to be one thing.. and i kinda have to goo with it something...

for me its kinda equal in real life and online..

but to be honest.. i like the online ppl better.. less drama... and i know theres always that block button....  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:04 pm
i guess it is easier face to face sometime. the only problem a lot of people have is trusting them with their age. but if you ever meet and they were telling the truth... it may be awkward at first but dating online has some advantages. i tend to open up more online, once i've talked to someone for awhile.

i've also met someone who claims to be two years older than me (my birthdate is off by a year on here) and things might work out with him. it wasn't even awkward the first time we talked on the phone. but i'll take everything to heart and thanks for your advice.

oh, and don't worry about being harsh with me. i've heard much worse than everything said here, plus... i'm kind of in pain physically right now... nothing could hurt, even emotionally, more than this and the loss of two grandparents.

o s t a r s t r u c k o

xCarxUnderwaterx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:33 am
Can't help you. I don't date online. I think it's a waste of time. But yeah...  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:38 pm
well darling if you are not infact interested with those boys, then RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! no...seriously...you can do so much better than 20 year old lads online....they seem scarey to me super scarey seeing as that one boy wont stop calling  

Lynnic_Darkness

x memories knight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:52 pm
well...I'm that kind of persons....
The thing is that sometimes you don't have the same courage for be with people face to face. Instead of you start using oder ways: Internet.

I actually love internet...but I'm a kind of shy out of it.

domokun x.composure~  
Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff