Submit

worry about alignment?
  naw it'll be fine
  yes, you might have to worry D:
  i dunno gimme goldz tho kthx
View Results

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:03 pm
ok, well it's starting on it's 10th month and the bottom hole seems pretty much healed but the top now, it had a bump on the outside which got crusty so naturaly i've been picking at it... (i know i know, forgive me bodmod guild for i have sinned) so anyway, i've switched the bar to 2 horseshoes (well horseshoe on top, twisted on bottom) because i'm hoping that will let the bump calm down (and i'll try my best not to touch it, or as i've seen in the BAF (bodyartforms.com) message board, they use the saying LITHA (or something) meaning leave it the hell alone... i'll try i swear X.X

oh yeah theres an actual reason for this topic. anyways, i'm pretty sure i know the answer, but just in case, since my industrial is about 9 months and a couple weeks old, so will switching out the bar for horseshoes interfear with alignment? i'm guessing no because it's fairly old and well past the initial fresh wound stage, so i really hope i don't screw it up... how long should i keep them in before starting to worry about alignment?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:37 pm
I don't know if there is a "how long," but it'd definately be a good idea to watch for migration. I know that the forward helix can take a lot of abuse from.. everything xp . I've forgotten how long I had my first helix (I have it written down in a "piercing journal" that I keep, but that's at home, not in my dorm), but I considered it healed right when it started migrating to rejection basically. But I'm pretty sure that was do to a poor placement choice the first time.

So yea, just keep an eye on it, and hopefully it'll be fine for you.  

Warninglv100
Crew

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:49 pm
well last night i switched them in, and seriously the bump was half the size in about three hours. tonight i put the bar back in, in part because of paranoia, part because the horsehoes i had in were big and ugly. the bump and iritation went way down so now i just gotta keep my hands off of it. worse comes to worse i put the horsehoes back in and leave it for more then 24 hours this time.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:32 pm
Wow, see... I was planning on getting my industrial done with two CBR's, letting them heal without worrying about the bar, swelling, migration, and THEN putting an industrial bar in... I'd always heard that this was a good idea, but will this migration issue mess up my plans?

I'd never heard of a lot of trouble with migration in cartilage piercings, and I do my research. Does anyone think this plan will be problematic?

Mesic

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:44 pm
i'm not sure, but for me, my lower hole is pretty much though NO cartilage, so i don't know if that can migrate or not (depends on the placement of the industrial, some people's are only in cartilage)  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:35 pm
Seems to be good and bad either way you get it done. I used to think healing them separately would be better since if one got bumped and irritated, the other wouldn't be affected. But now it seems that it's better to get it done at once incase it decides to migrate, but then you have that big bar that's easier to hit with the healing piercing.

If worse comes to worse healing separately, and they do migrate out of line, you can always get custom jewelry bent for you to fit the right way.

So many factors. xp It's hard to have a definate answer for anything it seems.  

Warninglv100
Crew

Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces