Reply Facial & Oral Piercings
Inverted Labret

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Samasu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:06 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Went to get the tygon in my surface piercing changed, got to chatting with my piercer (who I adore to death) and left with a new piercing, go figure. Haha. Not that I need another... =/

I like it (which is all that matters) and i'm only the second person my piercers pierced in this way so now I go into his portfolio along with my boyfriend who got a medusa =]

I will however say I CAN'T WAIT TO CHANGE THE JEWELRY!!! It's long and I can't even tell you how many times i've bitten the jewelry -_- Only a few more days though, so it shouldn't be to bad.

Sorry for the stupid picture as well, it's all I have at the moment and I know it's a bit hard to see.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:45 pm
I've been debating which lip that is through. xd But I'm guessing it's the bottom? Like an inverse vertical labret? Or as BME calls it, the Ashley Piercing.

Looks cute though. 3nodding (Though who couldn't be partial to their namesake piercing?) xd  

Warninglv100
Crew

Samasu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:35 pm
Yes it's an "ashley" and through my bottom lip

I didn't say it was an ashley due to the fact that I don't know how many people know it by that, my piercer called it a Jenn because the first person he pierced like that had the name jenn and I don't know how you'd call it vertical because vert's up and down and it's not up and down, it's more straight through my lip =/ If that makes sense *shrugs*

And

Thank you =D
I like it alot, it's probably the only lip piercing I like due to not many people having it... The only people i've ever seen with it were on BME, that's how I found out about it in the first place.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:24 pm
I can see it as an inverted vertical labret because the one bead sits on top of the lip like a vertical labret does, and the other bead is hidden instead of being under the lip. Never really thought of it being diagonal/near horizontal though. I think the name/description is just going off that bead "sitting" on top.  

Warninglv100
Crew

Samasu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:12 pm
Warninglv100
I can see it as an inverted vertical labret because the one bead sits on top of the lip like a vertical labret does, and the other bead is hidden instead of being under the lip. Never really thought of it being diagonal/near horizontal though. I think the name/description is just going off that bead "sitting" on top.

That's a good point and perspective on it, but I still think it's silly. I mean they call it a vertical labret because it's just that, vertical... Although this is just like a labret, you can't really call it a labret due to its positioning... They need to come up with an official name for it that people will recognize.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:45 pm
I think Ashley is a recognizable enough name if you're "in the scene" so to speak. It's a pretty rare piercing I suppose, so it's name is only going to be as recognisable as it's quantity out in the world I guess. Like I can say something about a Christina piercing, which has nothing to do with anatomy obviously, but I'd be fairly confident that people in the mod community would know what I'm talking about.

So it's all in perspective I suppose. rolleyes  

Warninglv100
Crew

Samasu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:01 pm
Good point again

Although when I said "ashley" my piercer didn't recognize it... But I don't know, I don't think he frequents BME and the only people that i've talked to who know what the piercing is frequent BME XP  
Facial & Oral Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games