Reply Ear Piercings
New tragus.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kseniya`

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:25 pm
So today I went with my mum to my local piercing place...
And got my tragus pierced!

So I was wondering; and helpful hints on how to treat it or anything?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:23 pm
Just the usual. Keep it clean and don't touch it.
Seems everyone has a different specific way to go abouts doing that, but basically they are saying the same thing.
I like salt soaks and hot soaks. I clean with a mild soap. LITHA has been fine for me healing a lipring and any irritations with stretching lobes too.  

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

kseniya`

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:24 am
mintarden
Just the usual. Keep it clean and don't touch it.
Seems everyone has a different specific way to go abouts doing that, but basically they are saying the same thing.
I like salt soaks and hot soaks. I clean with a mild soap. LITHA has been fine for me healing a lipring and any irritations with stretching lobes too.

Ahh, okay thanks.
I've been cleaning it with some soap I found at home, and that's been going fine. I've also been soaking it and that's been working. I only clean about once a day though, so should I do more?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:30 pm
lol, I'm worried about answering how many times a day you should clean it without someone else coming in here and yelling at me for my answer.

I'd try cleaning two or three times a day. Three can be hard (like brushing your teeth!) but once in the morning and once in the evening ain't bad.
I'd also pay attention to how much crud you get collected on the piercing throughout the day. xd If you get tons, clean more often.  

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

Warninglv100
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:40 am
mintarden
lol, I'm worried about answering how many times a day you should clean it without someone else coming in here and yelling at me for my answer.

I'd try cleaning two or three times a day. Three can be hard (like brushing your teeth!) but once in the morning and once in the evening ain't bad.
I'd also pay attention to how much crud you get collected on the piercing throughout the day. xd If you get tons, clean more often.

I'd say 1-2 times a day. Three is really over cleaning, which will irritate the piercing and slow down healing.

Personally, I don't use soap anymore. I've found that my piercings heal better and faster without the use of anything, just being rinsed off in the shower, only touching if some crusties have built up. I'd only use soap if the piercing got touched by something dirty, just as a precaution against infection. (And to wash your hands before touching it of couse).

Best advice for a tragus: don't sleep on it. xp They really don't like that. I have both of mine pierced, and that's about the only thing that really irritates them.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:39 pm
Warninglv100
mintarden

I'd say 1-2 times a day. Three is really over cleaning, which will irritate the piercing and slow down healing.

Personally, I don't use soap anymore. I've found that my piercings heal better and faster without the use of anything, just being rinsed off in the shower, only touching if some crusties have built up. I'd only use soap if the piercing got touched by something dirty, just as a precaution against infection. (And to wash your hands before touching it of couse).

Best advice for a tragus: don't sleep on it. xp They really don't like that. I have both of mine pierced, and that's about the only thing that really irritates them.

I agree with the soap thing. I haven't actually used soap on it since the third day I had it, and I've been soaking it once a day, and so far it's perfectly fine. I've also avoided sleeping on it... just common sense right there for me, considering it hurt the first night that I layed down on it. biggrin

Thanks for the advice to both of you. <3.  

kseniya`

-Panty.Waste-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:10 pm
How are you cleaning it? And also do you have a ring or a stud?

I have mine with a ring, and it healed two months ago, right on time. I'm so happy with it.

I find rings help the piercing heal better, cuz then you can get the cleaner right into the piercing. I say cleaner because some people use alot of different stuff, like saline solution, H2Ocean, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:12 pm
mintarden

I was told by my piercing place to clean it four times a day. Once when you wake up once at lunch, dinner, and before you go to bed. Anymore than that is irritating to it, and any less is probably under cleaning.

But who am I to judge, we all have different places we go to, with different ways. We should just all have one universal cleaning method so nobody get confused.

-Panty.Waste-

popcornsharingbox

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:17 pm
-Panty.Waste-
mintarden

I was told by my piercing place to clean it four times a day. Once when you wake up once at lunch, dinner, and before you go to bed. Anymore than that is irritating to it, and any less is probably under cleaning.

But who am I to judge, we all have different places we go to, with different ways. We should just all have one universal cleaning method so nobody get confused.

4 times is much too much for a piercing. Mine get irritated if I use soap on them everyday sometimes. I usually switch off days with sea salt soaks and soap. That seems to work well.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:29 am
`dagon

Good logical advise! I tell people to try for 3 times a day, two if it doesn't come in contact with anytihng. But just to keep an eye out; to call me with any questions or problems. Everyone heals diffrently. Just keep it clean & clean your hands!! Duh... xd

apanda999

HeavenlyAngelicRocker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:45 pm
I've had my tragus pierced for about 11 months now and I love it! I clean it twice a day, when I'm in the shower. I use Johnson's Baby Extra Care Body Wash to clean all my piercings, because that to me is the only stuff that won't irritate them. When I'm in the shower, I also rotate my piercings. So far, this has worked for me. I don't use anything else on my piercings. I've been doing this for about 4 years now, and I have never had an infection in any of my piercings. But, cleaning it more than 2-3 a day, is going to irritate it more than likely.  
Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games