Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Tutorials
Home made leg wax!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:51 pm
I decided I better post this in the tutorials subforum too

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Delphi/6011/hair.html
totally the best thing ever!
I hate shaving my legs but at 15-30 bucks a bottle I can't afford wax.
I just boiled up a batch (because it said that it keeps well) but I can't test it properly untill my hair grows back, I shaved on friday.

Edit for I Be Me's instructions:

instead of following the measuring directions listed (wich are too dry anyway) but equil amounts of water and lemon juce in a glass then add that to your sugar till it is wet and crumbley then put it on the heat

be vrey very careful. Sugar has an increadibly high melting temperature, so when it is liquid it can give you third degree burns.

After it has all melted and it looks clear instead of granually it will probibly be coke or really dark honey colored dribble a little bit on a cool plate and put an icecube on the underside of the plate *this takes some cordination*
when it cools to room temperature (or close enough) it should be soft enough to push around easily with your finger but not so soft that its all stuck to your finger (though your finger will get sticky)

if it is too hard add more of the lemon juce and water mix
if it is too soft boil it for a while longer.

when mine comes out right it is soft enough for me to make deep imprents with my finger and it only takes a little bit of warming to get it soft enough to spread.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:53 pm
Did you ever get to test this out?  

Silvander

asbeautyfaded

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:41 pm
Thank you for posting this I have been wanting to try waxing my legs instead of shaving.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:42 am
I shave obsessively but it makes me take forever in the shower and now that I'm at school its incredibly inconvient so this is great! I can't wait to try it out! Who knows what I'll be able to do with all that extra time and money saved on water bills ^.^.

imaginary people

G0ldencleric

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:41 pm
Thanks! Haha, Im Persian myself, and all my friends wax but me. Im gonna try it! heart  
Tutorials

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games