Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Preview to Kathreftis..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

broken_91

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:19 am
Okay, I just wanted to let you kids see some of my Rp things. And with that in mind, this is going to be my opening post to Kathreftis. Hint hint. Nudge nudge. So comments would be lovely, but this has a double role. Go look into the Rp Subforum to see what I mean. ^^

Dora slammed the door shut behind her two twin brothers and dropped her backpack by the door, kicking off her shoes and slipped her coat off of her shoulders and moving across the wooden floor to hang it up. Calling out to Jack and Jake, she laughed to herself and moved into the kitchen where they were battling with wooden spoons.

Cheering them both on, she took her own and joining into the childish battle, smacking each of them on the shoulder. Squealing, they turned and united against their older sister.

Dora had driven home from the University and picked them up as school ended; Their parents had left her in charge once again and they enjoyed it highly, taking advantage of the rules hardly being put into place.

Defeated, she sprawled into a chair and asked them whether they wanted a snack of some sort. Suddenly they both were on top of her and asking for peanut butter cookies, pleading and whining with looks on their faces that she simply couldn't refuse.

Shaking her head, she banished her younger brothers from the kitchen and began to assemble the ingrediants that she would need. Hearing the doorbell ring, she let her attention wander to the front door and peeked out to see Jack and Jake sliding across the floor in their socks in an attempt to open it first.

Dora allowed herself to become unattached from her baking to stand behind the boys and took the clip board, signing her name next to the 'x'. Jack took the package and ran off with it, Jake waving goodbye to the postman before scurrying off behind his brother.

Locking the door, she let the foodstuffs sit on the counter and directed them to open it on the kitchen table. Grinning, she stood to the side and watched them rip open the paper.

"Dora! Dora! Its got your name on it!" Jack exclaimed, showing her the label and letting his brother dig around in the packaging peanuts. Coming up with a small envelope, they tugged her over to sit on a chair between then and looked at her as surprise crossed her face.

I hope that this package has arrived without damage, Dora. Please do find time to arrange the system and follow the directions. In a month from the recieve date, I will have sent you another letter asking if you choose to continue your use of Kathreftis. Welcome to the Game.

Entoli.

She read the following allowed and at the mention of the new Embasma both of her brother's mouths dropped and eyes widened to the size of teacups. They had begged and begged their parents for one system, but no one had even been able to find one to acquire despite the price.

They shot towards the box and suddenly they emerged with the head set and a glove in their hands, craddling it softly to their bodies.

Dora carefully pried their fingers off of it and placed the entire ensomble into the box again, leading them into the basement.

With space more available, she let her brothers sit on the floor and watch her carefully take out and set each different part of the game on the floor near her knees. Discarding of the box, she stared at it and then the boys for a moment.

Lunging forward, Jake took the headset up and shoved it into her hands. "You have to wear this, silly." He whispered reverently, eyes following her movements as she put it on her head and let it settle on her shoulders.

"Don't forget the gloves, Dora." Jack told her, voice equally soft. He slipped them onto each of her hands and she flewed her fingers once or twice to get the feel of them, membranes and electricity zipping through them enough to give her a chill.

One of the boys flicked on the switch that turned the game on and color and words immediately filled her sight, running across her line of vision from right to left. Gasping, she turned her head and was able to continue reading the words, revolving around her head.

Grinning, she started reading them and spoke into the microphone attached to the inside of her headset, smirking when a vibrant orange line of words began to appear as she spoke.

Boys were silent as she started to answer questions that kept appearing and she kept her answers unusually short and consise. Eyes wide, the transmission ended and she pulled the headset off, hair mused.

Wide smile on her face, she began to explain what had just happened and how unbelievable it was.

Two words rung very clearly in her head as her brothers pelted her with questions. Ho-ley s**t.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:30 pm
ooh, this is very interesting. 3nodding  

Oukow

Elf of the Shadows

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:45 pm
MORE!!!!!! I demand more!!!!! lol I really liked it, good dialogue.  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games