Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
My roleplay introduction...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good?
  Yay.
  Nay.
View Results

lucyVUITTON

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:45 pm
Beep beep beep beep.
Beep beep beep beep.
Beep beep beep beep.

A hand slammed down on the snooze button, and an exhausted seventeen year old girl blinked her eyes tiredly. “What the feck…” she mumbled, blinking her eyes sluggishly. The teenager looked at her alarm clock, and it was still beeping. Her fist punched down on the snooze button again, yet it refused to stop. “Fine, fine. Damn alarm clock.” Murmured the teenager, and she saw that her little cousin had just entered the room without her knowledge. The little eight year old girl gasped.
“El, you said a bad word!” the annoying child named Lizzy exclaimed, pointing a finger accusingly at Ella.
“Oh, shut up.” Ella snapped, and began mumbling even more “bad words”. She walked over to Lizzy, and placed her hands on her hips like a mother might.
“What?” Lizzy said, with her innocent little girl face on.
“You know perfectly well.” Ella narrowed her eyes, and Lizzy blinked. She seriously didn’t know what Ella was talking about, but then she remembered what had happened yesterday.
“Oh, right.” Lizzy said in a relieved tone. “That was funny, wasn’t it?” Clearly, Ella thought otherwise. Her eyes narrowed again, and she looked at Lizzy with an icy glare, staring at her coldly with her dark purple eyes.
“You dyed my hair purple.” Ella said plainly.
“But-” Lizzy couldn’t finish her sentence, since Ella pushed the child out of the doorway of her room, and slammed the door shut. Looking at the clock, Ella realized that she had slept in- again.
Ella really needed to break that bad habit. Yesterday she was late, and she was sure it would be that way today. She knew that she slept way too much, but she couldn’t help it. The teenager dozed off after a long day at school, after her visits to the café, and she slept in a lot. Probably from all those all-nighters, caused by too many mochas. Someday she would break that habit, but not today. Nor tomorrow, or the day after.
Yet another problem of Ella- procrastination. She might’ve gotten that dreadful habit from her first grade teacher, where her philosophy was to push things off until the last minute. Either that, or it was the various other lazy influences in her life. There was her brother, who always gave her late birthday and Christmas gifts, if at all. They barely talked anymore, considering he moved to the other side of the state. Now, there was also the most of her friends. Tanya, Amelia, Sam. At least three of her friends also had procrastination problems, for sure. There was probably more, but she doesn’t have many friends.

Opening her closet, Ella frowned. The laundry hadn’t been done, because she promised herself she’d do it yesterday. It was her turn, and she didn’t really have all of that time before she had to leave. Oh, well. I guess that means she’d have to go far into the back of her large closet, and pick an outfit from there. No big, right? She stepped hesitantly into her walk-in closet, and had to only walk a few feet before she was in the back. Her eyes scanned the clothing rack, most of the stuff wouldn’t fit her anymore. She could either were a shirt form when she was five as a crop top, or continue her search. Thank goodness, she had found a shirt that would fit her well enough to wear in public. It was a plain black shirt, with gray trims at the sleeves, and some clips and such all over it. There was a moon clip near the bottom right hand side, and a few circles and leaves on the sleeves. It came with a matching gray tie, and some black unity bracelets. That’s that, but now she had to choose some pants or a skirt of some sort. Thankfully, one skirt was still unworn and clean that was pretty recent, instead of from her old clothing. It was ebony in color, and was about mid-thigh in length. It had about two inches of fishnet at the bottom, and buttoned up at the side. Now for accessories. In Ella’s world, no outfit was a real outfit without accessories. She placed her hand on a diminutive box, and opened it, revealing an array of jewelry and such. She picked out a thin black choker, a charcoal headband with tiny skulls on it, and a black belt, which she loosely put on her waist.
The teenager sighed, and walked out of the closet. Thank god that was over. She grabbed her red and black Vans “skate shoes”, and slipped them on, not bothering to tie the laces. She stuffed the red and black checkered laces into the shoe, and kicked the air. They were on securely; they won’t fall off. The teenager ambled toward the front door, but something had stopped her.
“Wait!” Lizzy exclaimed, running after Ella. “Wait, El, wait!” the annoying girl was carrying some shoes, and she was barefoot. She quickly put on her white Nikes tennis shoes, and grinned. “Can I come, El? Can I?” Ella sighed, and rolled her eyes.
“Fine, just don’t annoy me anymore.” Ella mumbled, grabbing her wallet and advancing towards the door.
“Okay! Okay!” Lizzy said enthusiastically, following Ella.

“Do you know where we’re going?” Ella asked Lizzy after a while had passed in silence.
“Nope,” Lizzy said simply, watching the ground like it was a television show.
“A café, so don’t mess it up. I have a couple friends there. Ever been there?” Ella watched the ground with Lizzy, probably just for effect.
“I think so. Maybe a couple of times.” Lizzy mumbled, and then felt something hit her head. Hard. “Ow…” Lizzy rubbed her head, and looked up, and saw a wall. For a second, she was confused, until Ella cleared things up for her.
“The door’s this way,” Ella said mockingly, walking over to the door of the café and pushing it open. She walked in, not waiting even a second for Lizzy. She didn’t need to wait, though. Lizzy eagerly followed like a dog.
“Let’s sit here,” Ella told Lizzy, sitting down in a booth in a corner of the café. She really didn’t need to tell her cousin where to sit, though, since Lizzy jumped and sat down across from Ella.
“So, El, how are you? What’s your favorite color? Where…”
The questions began.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:30 pm
I really liked this. It was really detailed, my kind of thing.

I found a typo in the last part, line 5, towards the end of the sentence where you said, "Until Ella cleared thing sup for her." Should be "things up for her." Just a simple mistake, but I thought that you should know! ^_^

It was really good and I really enjoyed reading it! ^_^  

Rosealean

lucyVUITTON

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Rosealean
I really liked this. It was really detailed, my kind of thing.

I found a typo in the last part, line 5, towards the end of the sentence where you said, "Until Ella cleared thing sup for her." Should be "things up for her." Just a simple mistake, but I thought that you should know! ^_^

It was really good and I really enjoyed reading it! ^_^
^^ Thanks. >w<
Oh, and I fixed the typo. ^^;  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:25 pm
I also enjoyed this, very detailed. 3nodding  

Oukow

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items