Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon/Fushigi Yuugi Guild

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying & informational guild for Sailor Moon and/or Fushigi Yuugi lovers to hang out. 

Tags: Moon, Fushigi, Watase, Naoko, Roleplay 

Reply Fushigi Yuugi Discussions
Fushigi Yugi Part 2 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

non642

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:38 pm
So, I may be way behind I don't know, but I just discovered that the second half of Fushigi manga is available in English (i.e. Volume 14 and beyond)

So Tamahome, now Taka, is searching for lost memories and Miaka must save the universe etc etc. I know some of the story from reading a summary on it ages ago but I am excited to actually read it.

So has anyone else read it? Or seen it? And what do you think?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:16 am
sweatdrop

I've watched the OVA's on it. ^.^

Rhinoceros, my fiancee, bought me all of the ova set!!!! xd
I already had Eikoden. Now, I'm only missing the second box set...Seiryuu box set...and I'd like to update my Suzaku boxed set to DVD. heart  

angel allure

Angelic Kitten

47,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hero 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

non642

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:20 am
I have the two box sets that make up the first story arc - Miaka finding the warriors, becoming preistess, defeating Nakago etc. Are those the Suzaku and Seiryu ones?

I haven't seen any of the next bit of the story. I have heard it isn't as good as the original but I am still interested.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:54 pm
i read volume 14.....sounded kinda weird sweatdrop , but it has an interesting plot.  

[LadyPirate]

angel allure

Angelic Kitten

47,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hero 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:31 am
Nialla
I have the two box sets that make up the first story arc - Miaka finding the warriors, becoming preistess, defeating Nakago etc. Are those the Suzaku and Seiryu ones?

I haven't seen any of the next bit of the story. I have heard it isn't as good as the original but I am still interested.

Yes, they are the Suzaku and Seiryuu ones. xd
The OVA's include her and Tamahome having to be separated (first 3 episodes of the OVA)
The last (4???) episodes of the OVA include them having to defeat some person who made himself a god in the Universe of the Four gods.

The Eikoden was some girl was in love with Taka and was sent to the Universe of the Four gods....and somehow took Miaka's baby....It was weird, but I still loved it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:31 am
hmmm, that does sound kind of weird. But then again, once she was finished with her quest in the fisrt bit trying to get a new plot would be tricky.  

non642

angel allure

Angelic Kitten

47,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hero 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:10 am
Nialla
hmmm, that does sound kind of weird. But then again, once she was finished with her quest in the fisrt bit trying to get a new plot would be tricky.

yeah...but I believe she was probably more into making her new projects...Imadoki/Alice 19th/etc... too busy for making plots that make sense. Of course, Fushigi Yuugi was a weird series to begin with... xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:35 am
angel_baby_4
Nialla

Yes, they are the Suzaku and Seiryuu ones. xd
The OVA's include her and Tamahome having to be separated (first 3 episodes of the OVA)
The last (4???) episodes of the OVA include them having to defeat some person who made himself a god in the Universe of the Four gods.

The Eikoden was some girl was in love with Taka and was sent to the Universe of the Four gods....and somehow took Miaka's baby....It was weird, but I still loved it.

what miaka has a baby  

legolas18

angel allure

Angelic Kitten

47,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hero 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:19 am
miaka176
what miaka has a baby

Well, yes...but in the book, the baby is the Shinzahou or something like that. I haven't watched it in so long that I've forgotten. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:59 pm
LOVE IT!  

Revan_Blackheart

msc_frk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:20 pm
I think that the new plot is interesting...but i've only read up to book 15  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:57 pm
Yeah it's awsome to read and watch.  

Rini2612

Anvion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:04 pm
The second part is... decent. I read the Japanese version a while ago, but it just kinda seemed like it was an uneccesary add-on. A pretty add-on, yes, but I failed to see much of a point to it. Besides, Tenkou was a terrible villain. He can't hold a candle to Nakago.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:58 pm
I've read all of the Fushigi Yuugi (Suzaku/Seiryuu series) books out so far in english (which is vol. 1-17) and I read a spoiler for what happens after book 17, so if there are any questions for what happens, just ask me! blaugh  

Inuphantom13

Quinth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:41 pm
Part 2 in the manga made me fall in love with Watase-sama all over again. The anime wasn't as good but it was pretty accurate, and my heart broke during Hotohori's episode... But, I found too many plotholes in Eikoden to like it very much. But for Eikoden, Yuu Watase had little to do with the plot and scripting, so the people who wrote it were free to skewer it.

Some plothole points!

arrow Miaka and Taka have a baby, which could have been the Shinzaho if it had been present within Miaka when she and Taka summoned Suzaku together in Oni, because the original Fushigi Yuugi series describes the Shinzaho as a precious item which is present on the Priestess during the summoning. However, Keisuke specifically says that the fetus is three months old when Mayo steals it, meaning Miaka got pregnant on her wedding night in Eikoden, not when she and Taka first had sex in Oni.

arrow I simply can't get over the fact that when Mayo went into the book, she magically stole Miaka's baby and sent Miaka into a freaking coma.

arrow The Suzaku Warriors randomly transform into their bodies before death in their previous lives and they call it "being awakened". If they were going to "be awakened", then why the hell were they reincarnated in such specific roles as to have a happy life? (Like Mitsukake being reincarnated as Shouka's adopted brother, and Hotohori and Nuriko being reincarnated as neighbors who crush on each other, etc)

OK, anyway, I'll quit the ranting. Maybe I just pay too much attention. sweatdrop Blame the people who edit my fanfiction.  
Fushigi Yuugi Discussions

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff