Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply Games and miscellaneous. PLAY HERE!!
**Chinese girl/boy marrying Western gir/boy*** agree or no? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

are you gonna post?
  yes! im gonna give my opinion !
View Results

Xiao_Jun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:23 pm
I think all of u always have heard abt this or that chinese girl/boy who married a western guy..and so on... what do you think of it?? what about their parents?? are chinese so traditional sometimes??? maybe it's time to change? what would you like to be married to chinese or western??

to me I'd like to be married to chinese but im not like racist or something sweatdrop whee  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:35 pm
Mm.

I like scrawny asian guys.

<3

Like Alex.

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

xiiao-ai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mm.

Hai, I prefer Asian guys over Western ones,

But I don`t know.

I know a few people whose fathers are English and their mothers, Asian.

And they seemed okay.

:/

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. || My doorknob owns You. || User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:54 pm
oh yes i got cousins like that whose one of their parents is chinese! well some of them think in chinese but other do in western... rolleyes  

Xiao_Jun

soumakisa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:29 pm

i dont mind either chinese or western..

it's the person he is that counts, how i can 'click' with him and so on matters...

but in general, with my quiet personality, i click with chinese better...
it's easier to break the ice when mixing with asians than to break the ice with a westerner for me.. lol..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:50 am
yup i agree that part  

Xiao_Jun

sillymoomoo0

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:14 am
Well... i don't think there's anything wrong with it unless they don't like each other. Both my parents are asian but i was brought up in England so it makes no difference in what i prefer.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:25 pm
I don't mind dating white guys but for the moment, I'm more into asian guys. I used to like arabics when I was in high school (junior) though. Dunno why. But for my parents, I'm pretty sure they rather want me to date a Chinese guy rather than a caucasian one.  

sasa_powa_4eva

Xiao_Jun

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:28 pm
sillymoomoo0
Well... i don't think there's anything wrong with it unless they don't like each other. Both my parents are asian but i was brought up in England so it makes no difference in what i prefer.

well its not aBT if theres something wrong cuz just like i said this is not a racist thread.. same my parents r chinese but i was brought up in venezuela ( south america) its just abt what u would like  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:23 pm
Meh they can do whatever the hell they want. Who cares? its love right? that's all that matters. Yeah some people do think its weird seeing an Asian and Caucasian married/dating but whatever it shouldn't matter. So yeah my opinion is I DON'T CARE AS LONG AS THEY LOVE THEY'RE PARTNER. Tradition is important but love somehow over powers tradition.  

Daisy Mai - 128K

the fire within ice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:59 pm
doesnt matter.
whoever, whereever, whenever, however.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:02 pm
I think its the person underneath ethnicity that really matters.
=) I'd rather have someone I can connect to than someone with the same background.

Yes I know a nice Chinese or Vietnamese or simple asian boi would make my parents very happy. But I find myself more attracted to caucausion guys. Maybe its the location where I was brought up? but I can't help this attraction. =) I grew up in a white middle-class community.

They've been very sweet to me since middle school.
*loves when they hold the door just for her*
*giggles*

I guess other asian boys are like brothers to me? =?

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Beixuelong

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:40 am
Here in Finland (I'm a native Finn, so a caucasian) we don't have many mixed couples basically because our population is pretty homogenius.

However, as a generalization I think that a lot of people don't really approve of mixed marriages. Especially if it's a Finnish man and a southern Asian woman (for example Philippino or Malaysian) because a lot of people associate them as those "souvenier wives".. (I hope you know what I mean so I don't have to explain) I don't mind that myself, but I think a lot of people think us Finns should stick with Finns. Attitudes are changing though as the older people are moving aside.

In a parental stand-point, I think that the biggest concern is just the practical issues. I know my parents would first worry if they can even speak with their son's wife. They don't speak good english, let alone chinese or sth. So, it's communication. And also, I think parents feel safer to let their offspring go wit someone they can associate themselves to - same nationality or at least same appearance.

On an individual level, I think it's just a matter of whether there's a "spark" between the two. I doesn't take many similarities to make a couple work and if there's a will there's a way.

Me, personally, I'm ok with anything. As long as the people don't look suspicious and seem ok, why not? My little sister used to date a philippino guy whom I didn't really much approve of - not because what he was but because I had heard some unpleasant stories of him.

Whoops, this is a long post. Sorry. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:57 pm
I personally prefer Asians
but if they really like each other why not? I mean the parents even if they are traditional still want their children to be happy  

lady_luv18

Tokioka

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:20 pm
It's always been asians for me, probably due to similar backgrounds and stuff like that. It feels like we're on the same level almost. Not saying I'd say no to a caucasian or anything, but I think I'd picture myself marrying an asian girl. 3nodding  
Games and miscellaneous. PLAY HERE!!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff