Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Halloween Contest Entry - Dusk And Her Embrace Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:12 pm
Dusk and Her Embrace

Gather ‘round children, and sit for a spell
Listen to the story I’m about to tell
‘Tis of a dark night, many years ago
And the death of the young Cato
‘Twas a stormy night, blacker than black
The darkness poised, about to attack
Now the story is about to start
A gut-wrenching tale ripped straight from thy heart

Some people believe only what they see, and even then, as the unimaginable stares them in the face, they valiantly try to deceive themselves. Cato tried to do just that.
You see children, when Cato was a boy, he was always trying to be courteous and generous, courageous and chivalrous. But like all little boys, he grew up. He dabbled in the occult, and started smoking. He listened to heavy metal music, and took to a liking of darker art.
All this was fine and dandy, but as his occult power grew, his mind began to crack under the pressure. His sanity dissolved like dust in the wind. With each ritual, another fraction of his mind withered away. As Halloween drew near, Cato prepared for a grand ritual.
That is where our story begins.

I groggily pull myself from betwixt those loving sheets which had embraced me throughout the night. With a shake of my head, I tried to rouse myself from Hypnos’ grip. Dragging myself to the bathroom, I attempted to make myself presentable. Tonight was Devil’s Night, and my ascension was but a day away. Tonight I would ready the ritual, and tomorrow, when it was performed, I would transcend this life and become a god amongst insects.
Pouring myself into clothes, I believed myself finally ready to face the sun. I pondered over the recent events in my life… A month ago I had found a book. The book itself doesn’t matter, but its contents….those dark and morbid secrets which had unleashed themselves unto my life. In that book was when I first realized the true extent of my power. It was with this newfound gift, that I prepared the steps required to transcend. It wasn’t easy, the lives manipulated and destroyed. The sacrifices, the late nights, the physical exertion required to keep that level of energy maintained… it was debilitating, but I had persevered, and here I stood. The ritual had to be performed on the eve of Samhein; the ritual itself was to be performed the following night. On All Saint’s Day, I would begin the ascension, and it would end that weekend… Ironically, the ritual required my own blood sacrifice on dia de los muertos, Day of the Dead… Throughout the week of my death, I would have to complete a trial. The book was sketchy as to what the trial was, but it didn’t matter. I would complete whatever task lay before me, and I would be as a God.
The day dragged on and on like a zombie with broken legs, but I managed to keep busy. I anxiously awaited Nyx’s coming. Skoll chased Sol away, and Hati hounded after Mati and into the night. Dusk clung to me, and I returned her embrace. I felt at one with her, and we faded into the darkness hand in hand.
At the rundown Catholic Church where the ritual was to be performed, I began lighting the candles, and laid the book on my sacrilegious altar. This altar was at Christ’s feet as he hung, perpetually in pain, on the cross. The tome was ancient, each page brittle and yellowed with time. Time flew quickly as I recited passages, and at midnight I entered the trance.

Lucid dreams of death and disorder. Harlequin’s laughs and harlot’s smiles, these were the dreams I had. I awoke at 11:30 p.m. the following night. Mati’s light exploded through the windows and I quietly fed with the provisions left on previous trips. Masticating slowly, I brooded over the nightmares I had subjected myself to. I call them nightmares because to other people, they would inspire the darkest of fears, but that is not the case with me. To me, they were but dreams. They seemed to be a warning, as if a neon sign screaming to stop. Nothing could stop me now, especially not some acid dreams of jesters and whores.
As the hour raced upon midnight, I unsheathed the dagger and placed it upon the altar. Hati’s bloody jaws devoured Mati, and crimson light painted the walls. I stood, and roared, “Behold sayeth I, the mighty vengeance for which I seek shall be bestowed upon thy enemies. Take me from thy body and deliver me unto evil. Let thee walk freely as spirit or flesh. In nomine satanas, sic IUBEO!”
I could feel the heat rising, the sweat pouring off my body. I picked up the mallet which lay at my feet and stuck the gong sitting near me. With each swing, sparks flew and danced as fire maidens upon the air.
The floor and walls began to shake at the edges of my peripheral vision, and slowly started a clockwise spin, yet my feet stood firmly on the ground. Cigarette burns like on movie reels burned directly through the wall in front of me. The hole, now several feet wide, was oddly blank white. I could see nothing beyond that nothingness. The clock continued its race against time, forever neck and neck, counting up to midnight. The edges of the gaping abyss glowed red-orange and ate away at everything it touched. Already it encompassed the entire wall before me, and steadily closed in on me. I chose not to think what would happen if it reached me first.

11:58…

Moving closer…

11:59:01…

An unknown feeling washed over me… something I hadn’t felt in years…

11:59:30

Voraciously ravaging everything in sight...

I raised the dagger.

11:59:59

The burn was now at my feet, and I plunged the knife in as the clock struck midnight with twelve long chimes. The abyss, that I had unconsciously named Abaddon, inhaled my body, and with a blood curdling scream, I sank away into the light.
The cold autumn winds sang an elegy through the abandoned church. It sang of loneliness with the aches and pains of a decrepit old man. Bluish grey light illuminated the church, a crestfallen haven. Silvery smoke plumed into the sky, ‘twas all that was left of the man known only as Cato.

‘Tis the end children, I’m sad to say
No one has seen him since that day
They say you can hear him late at night
Screaming in pain, horror, and fright
But they are lying, and I’ll tell you why
Because I am Cato, and you’re all going to die…  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:15 pm
For your info:
Hypnos - Greek God of Sleep
Nyx - Godess of Night
Skoll - wolf that chased Sol
Sol - Sun
Hati - wolf chased Moon
Mani - Moon  

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:04 am
ooOOOooOOOOoOoOooOOo.......

Kirby likes. ^-^

the poem is still a litte off, but I looove the story.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:54 am
KirbyVictorious
ooOOOooOOOOoOoOooOOo.......

Kirby likes. ^-^

the poem is still a litte off, but I looove the story.

Thanks, I don't like it that much, but it's ok... I thought about what I could do to fix the poem, but nothing really came to me in time, so I just sent it in.  

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

lidless_i

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:17 pm
Nice, it's alot more descriptive than mine. It reminds me of something, I just can't think of it right now.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:32 pm
Thanks, I tried kinda hard on this, not too hard but still...  

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

VirginSnake

2,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:17 pm
wow... o.o It makes me wish I never turned my in <.<'' to save myself the defeat >.o ...

It's very good! I was drawn in through out it all and I just loved the poem at the end! Briliently done. Endings are what really pull things together...

which reminds me I have to fix that one >.>
though it never really ended...
or more wasn't supossed to...
o.o oh looky there I'm talking to myself >.<  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:18 pm
VirginSnake
wow... o.o It makes me wish I never turned my in <.<'' to save myself the defeat >.o ...

It's very good! I was drawn in through out it all and I just loved the poem at the end! Briliently done. Endings are what really pull things together...

Thanks, I feel that I'll probably be beat... but yeah. I always try to really go all out when it comes to the endings... The ending I have planned for NaNoWriMo (Can't wait til Wednesday) is going to be beautiful.  

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

VirginSnake

2,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:28 am
[ In Nomine Satanas ]
VirginSnake

Thanks, I feel that I'll probably be beat... but yeah. I always try to really go all out when it comes to the endings... The ending I have planned for NaNoWriMo (Can't wait til Wednesday) is going to be beautiful.

I don't think you will be beaten... at least not by me that's for sure >.>'' I don't even want to post mine... >.< ... I liked it and everything and my family liked it... but now I hate it... >.>''

oh wow I have the begaining for NaNoWriMo in my mind.. the story has been there forever nearly... a good... oh dear hold on...6 years O_O .. yeah about six years ago is when I first started creating it in my mind.. never got around to writing it though.. so I'm hoping this november I'll at least get it started... I never have an ending for my major storys though... because it's about my characters lifes.. and... they live on like you and I except they are imortal >.o >.> but anyway...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:41 am
Can't Say Much as of Now.
For the reason of me being a judge.

Though, I will thank you for entering.
biggrin

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:11 pm
Tak-Jak
Can't Say Much as of Now.
For the reason of me being a judge.

Though, I will thank you for entering.
biggrin

Not even personally, not as a judge?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:23 pm
After the winner is announced I shall.
But as of now, I think it better if my opinions
were untold.

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:51 pm
Tak-Jak
After the winner is announced I shall.
But as of now, I think it better if my opinions
were untold.

Alright, any idea when the winner will be announced though? I probably won't be on much tomorrow, I'm having a party to watch cheesy 1970-1980 horror flicks.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:20 pm
oo Sounds fun lol.
Love retro stuff.
Even if some of it is cheesy.

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:28 pm
Tak-Jak
oo Sounds fun lol.
Love retro stuff.
Even if some of it is cheesy.

The cheese is what makes it great, without cheesy movies... well we'd probably be better off, but what else could make us laugh? The blood that looks like kool-aid or chocalate syrup ya know? Classic.  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff