Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
hey,please...gie me advice on how to deal...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

help me please....
  ;___;
View Results

Prince_Padraic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:52 am
everyone i care about most((all whom are on gaia))are hurting themselves in some way....

1.my girlfriend whom i love so much lives in texas,im in florida...we used to talk every day ont he phone till her mom found out about us and me being 3 years older then her so now we dont talk nearly as much cuz her phone and computer were taken away but anyhow,thats not the problem,just a background story for it....but latelly shes been barely eating anything and shes been cutting herself......

2.my "gaia brother" has been starving himself lately also and despite what i try to say to get through to him he still doesnt eat much and so he has times where it hurts him so bad that he has to stop and clutch his stomach...

3.there are 2 other friends who are deciding to eat either barely anything,or in an unhealthy way to lose weight when they both arent nearly even chubby.

and for the people i dont care about as much there this:

1.my family hates eachothers guts and s always screaming...and sometimes my mombeats me.

2.im struggling in school,where everyone hates me...and tells me to kill myself alot.

3.and im disgustin in my physical attributes and is trying to fight having and eating dissorder myself....

4.i think i might be bipolar but i cant telll anyone about these thoughts cuz i already know that my mom and dad would just say "oh,your fine,quit whining" so they dont have to bother with it and i know they'd rather spend there money on cigarretes and pot then on any anti-depressant meds for me....

can anyone help....?

your friend/person incredibly stressed.

brett
-the duct tape king

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:57 pm
Well first off, hi, I'm Siege.
First of all, it's okay! I will try and help you in any way I can.
I don't know much about eating disorders, but I know about cutting. If your friend is cutting, don't try to make her feel guilty for doing it. Speaking from experience, it makes it a whole lot worse, because we guilt trip alot. I used to think of how everyone would get upset because I cut myself, and then I would get sad and just do it more. Try to give your friend more practical advice.

Second thing is, don't kill yourself. It's a premanent solution, and your problems are hopefully temporary.

Third thing: I'm bi-polar. Tell me why you think you are, and maybe I can help you find out if you are or not.

Much love,
Siege  

Zhiege

Broken and Damned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:12 am
Let them know that there are people there for them and who care about them.

1)Make time to listen and to try and understand. This is one of the most important things anyone can do. There is no need to find solutions. Simply accept the person as they are, even though you find the self-harm upsetting.

2)Try not to criticise the person, attempt to control their behaviour or show just how anxious you are, however hard this may seem. They are unlikely to be able to stop self-harming just like that and your actions may drive them to self-harm in secret.

3)Do not show anger or disgust if they show you evidence of their self-harm. Behave in a caring way as you would with anyone who is ill or injured.
Find out all you can about self-harm and about sources of help so that you can offer suggestions if appropriate.

4)Ask if there is anything you can do to help.

5)Try to support the person while they find their own ways of coping. Encourage any positive steps they take, even if they are continuing to self-harm.

6)Try to persuade the person to see their GP for help. If they are unwilling to do so, or the GP is not particularly helpful, you might suggest contacting a helplines

7)Try to be very patient. Self-harm may take months or even years to overcome. Of course, if the person has seriously harmed themselves or their life is in danger you must get help as soon as possible, even if they have asked you to respect their secrecy. If you accompany someone to a hospital accident and emergency department, try to make sure that the professionals involved take the incident seriously. Some follow-up care should always be offered. If not, you should ask about it.

Try and stay out of your mums way as much as possible. Lock your self in your room.

School is full of assholes please but try to ignore them and don’t let them get to you. Talk to the teachers or the principal and let them know whats going on, they always help .

Okay I doubt your horrible looking opposite really =p. don’t put your self down all the time. Your beautiful even though you may not see that now but your you and your special and unique so your not gonna look like sumone else are you?. For your disorder try talking to a therapist if you cant afford one theres sumone (whos training to be a therapist )on gaia they helped one of my friends and it wouldn’t hurt trying to talk to them and im sure they wouldn’t mind. Theyre usernames vampDmoon.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:20 pm
i could try to help..even though i might not help a lot. i've also thought about cutting and stopping eating as much. also, all my friends don't want me to be like this.. they just sigh and ignore me, also last year when i was really close to suicide, they told me that they'd kill themself if i killed myself. Even my best friend, who is alot like a prep..but not, had a dream where i killed myself and she turned goth and started killing other people because she was so mad and depressed. she has her own way of cutting, so do i, but its different. i use mechanical pencil shards that i broke off, and she uses her nails to dig into her skin. extremely sharp, i should know, shes made me bleed tons of times before. i also might be bi-polar because i can be uber hyper and happy, then suddenly i'm angry and trying to tell everybody to leave me alone. so..like i said.. i can try to help.. but i might not be of any help at all.  

Godsmacks_Voodoo_Doll

..Neko.Aimi..

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:21 pm
I wish I could help.... but the fact that I hurt myself doesn't really give me the right to say anything. I am sorry..  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:34 pm
you know your not a lone . i had a good frined kill him self with a shoot to his head . you know life is hard but you are one to have the hart akes erley they will soon pass if you still wont to talk pm .  

THE-SaMe

Frizzzz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:25 am
I guess you could talk to them but that isn't working, and you don't know them face to face so I suggest looking in there friends to find there friends that are also on gaia that they no in person and tell them.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:58 am
Sorry to say it man, but welcome to what seems to be the life ogf the modern american teenager.

Can't say I can really relate, to be honest. The best way to help your friends and as horrible as it sounds influence them. I do it all the time, but not in a bad way. Its upto you to them to do something though, best way is to get on with your problems and get them solved before worrying about others. Lets face it your no help to anyone if you yourself are under emotional and mental stress.  

Rellik San
Captain

Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces