Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Halloween short (short short) story.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lidless_i

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:16 pm
I saw [ In Nomine Satanas ] post his and decided to throw mine out there for people to see if they felt like looking at it. (I threw it together in about an hour and a half earlier in the week so it's not what one might call "Impressive")

It’s ok, open your’ eyes. It’s safe.

The voice called me out of my fitful slumber and I remembered where I was. I tried to pull my hands free of their restraints, hoping in vane that they might snap.

Do you know what day it is, little one?

I looked around the dimly lit room full of many a deadly instrument until I saw a calendar hanging on the wall. It read Oct. 31st; Halloween.

That’s right. It’s Halloween, dear one. Soon you’ll have some new friends to play with.

Several hours passed, during which I was either asleep or contemplating means of escape. I was woken up from a period of sleep by the sound of machinery. I looked towards the source of it and saw the roof above a large cage opening up. At first I thought that my eyes were playing tricks on me; a boy dressed up as a vampire was lowered down in an elevator-like device.

“Hey, Kid,” I called, trying to get his attention. The floor of the elevator collapsed downward a few feet from the ground, dumping him into the cage, it then began to rise again. “What did you see on your’ way down? Where are we? Did you see a way out?” I questioned him frantically.

“I- I heard people screaming!” He said, sounding as if he were on the verge of hysteria. “I could hear them, and my mom. She was calling my name and- and,” He trailed off and I couldn’t hear if he said anything else.

“Kid, you’re gonna have to speak up.” I tried to sound calm despite my growing sense of urgency.

“WHERE’S MY MOM?!” He shouted loud enough to startle me. He then proceeded to break down into sobs. I didn’t know what to say, so I waited until he had finished crying to continue.

“I don’t know where you’re mom is, but if we want to get out of here, you’ll have to tell me what you saw ok?”

He nodded when I craned my neck to look at him. I waited a bit but he didn’t say anything.

“Well?” I asked.

“The last thing I was doing was trick or treating with my mom. Then I was on that,” He indicated the square hole in the ceiling that the elevator had carried him through. “And I could hear my mom screaming my name. Sh-she sounded scared.” He broke down crying again and I wasn’t able to get any more information out of him.

Over the next few hours that passed, several more children of various ages and costume came down in the same manner. All of them were scared and none of them had any idea of how they had gotten to where they were.

Once the fifteenth or so child was dropped into the nearly full cage, the elevator didn’t go back up. It just hung there while we all tried to figure out what it meant. There was a small click and some vents on the lower edges of the mechanism opened. They released what looked like thick white smoke with a hiss. The children all started coughing and shouting, trying to figure out what’s going on. The disembodied voice sounded again, this time with unmistakable glee.

The gas is a neurotoxin. It will destroy their inhibitions and ability to recognize human features. The only thing that they will know how to do is get what they want.

At first I didn’t know what it mean, until a space of the ceiling above me opened and some sort of sweet smelling liquid poured out. I heard the cage gates open and small footsteps as they walked out.

They are trick-or-treaters, and your’ their candy.

A square section of the floor rose up on two metal arms and turned over to reveal an array of tools and utensils stuck to a magnetized plate. The children pulled off objects of their choice and started towards the place where I was retrained. I panicked and tried to break free of my bonds, but just as before, they would not yield.

The first child to reach me had an oversized pair of wire cutters, which he used to sever my left index finger. He imbibed this as I screamed in agony and the other children began the slow process of disassembling my body. I felt a searing pain in my abdomen and an unpleasant pulling sensation that I knew must be my intestines being removed.

As I screamed and tried fruitlessly to escape, the first child who had come down the elevator stood over me and readied what should have been a spoon, but had spikes pointing in the direction that it would be moved to scoop. He lowered it and removed my left eye and a large portion of the skin around it. I passed out from the pain at this point, but I never woke up.

Happy Halloween.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:49 pm
*weak laugh*

Halloween...................................

weird.

I wonder what I should be?  

KirbyVictorious

Gomenroia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:16 am
uh...

ew

I'm working Halloween, but I get to dress up so I'm going to dres up as what I went as alst year... I'm too poor to go as the Pirate I wana go as sad  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:55 am
creepy...  

Oukow

Ichigo_Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:57 pm
Its creepy, but in a good way. It stays in your mind, and I will probably have nightmares from this xd *scares easily*
But it was good, like something Stephen King would write.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:00 pm
Dance the dance of praise, lidless_i.  

Xahmen
Vice Captain

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out