Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Music Discussion
Why are 90% of decent hardcore bands Christian? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xyloid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:16 pm
It honestly pisses me off to no end.

It just seems that every new hardcore band coming out now is Christian.

And this is coming from someone who lives in hardcore capital of the mideastern US.

=/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:21 pm
Examples please.  

Amazingemail

ghostbusterfamous

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:16 am
why does it matter if their Christian or not? as long as their not trying to shove their beliefs down my throat I don't mind.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:45 pm
i don't mind if their Christian bands or not either. the only ones that i've heard were Christian are The Devil Wears Prada (well they ARE christian) and underOATH.
i don't know if underOATH are a christian band though. the members of the band are christian though.

but anyway, yeah what does it matter? not much to me.  

FMAcrazed

ghostbusterfamous

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:23 pm
It may have something to do with Christianity being one of the largest religions world wide and the largest (I think) in America.

I'm not sure what my point is, I know there was one but I can't remember it. I'm too tired.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:00 pm
90%??? *faints*

TabyKittyKat

Beloved Elocutionist

9,750 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500

drkmtn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:42 pm
What does it changes if they are christian. It's the same as if they were atheist, jews, buddhist, etc.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:15 am
celluloid_dreamer
What does it changes if they are christian. It's the same as if they were atheist, jews, buddhist, etc.

exactly  

ghostbusterfamous

XxDemolition LoversxX

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:05 am
Yeah a lot of hardcore bands ARE Christian, like Norma Jean, Still Remains but I don't see a problem with this. I agree that there's no problem as long as they don't start forcing their religion on us.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:32 pm
It seems that every Hardcore band coming out are actually Metalcore.  

Amazingemail

Xyloid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:59 am
BassFu
This is a true statement. Term used loosely, you know me Matt. I know what I'm talking about.

@Celluloid_Dreamer: I don't like my screaming with a nice helping of God, thankyouverymuch. If I wanted to hear music about God, I would have stuck to Gospel.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:56 am
If you don't like your screaming with a nice helping of god avoid Christian hardcore bands.  

ghostbusterfamous

Amazingemail

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:26 pm
Xyloid
BassFu
This is a true statement. Term used loosely, you know me Matt. I know what I'm talking about.

@Celluloid_Dreamer: I don't like my screaming with a nice helping of God, thankyouverymuch. If I wanted to hear music about God, I would have stuck to Gospel.

Most of the Hardcore(not metalcore) I've found to come out lately isn't singing about god. All I can suggest is stop looking at Trustkill or Tooth & Nail records for music.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:05 pm
BassFu
Xyloid
BassFu

Most of the Hardcore(not metalcore) I've found to come out lately isn't singing about god. All I can suggest is stop looking at Trustkill or Tooth & Nail records for music.
xd

Oh Matt. I'll say it again. I use the term 'hardcore' because most of these kids don't understand what I'm talking about unless I use the word wrong.

Xyloid

Amazingemail

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:29 pm
Xyloid
BassFu
Xyloid
BassFu

xd

Oh Matt. I'll say it again. I use the term 'hardcore' because most of these kids don't understand what I'm talking about unless I use the word wrong.

Maybe I'll just go sleep with a plastic bag over my head so I can dumb myself down to this guilds level.  
Music Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff