Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Defenders

Back to Guilds

A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply Pokémon Defenders
Help! (UPDATE 02.11.05 - Celebi Movie MoveSet REVEALED!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:54 am
I'm still in the Blue/Red/Yellow games, but I'm planning several things for the Gold/Silver/Crystal games while I'm at it. I would like some help in better planning a few things. Here's what I have planed.

I've decided against the duplication trick in G/S. Apparently, the risk of losing your game is still present, so I'll be limited to only 3 of each TM you cannot buy and 3 Master Balls (granted that my luck sucks and I'll never win that radio contest).

Important
None

Team Construction
G/S/C Themed Teams
Quote:
I would like to have a set of well-balanced teams for G/S/C that consist of the following themes. My only requirement is that one Pokemon MUST know Pay Day and one that knows False Swipe.

Silver - Defensive Team
Pokemon with a high defense or that look really tough

Totadile Family
---
---
---
---
---

Gold - Offensive Team
Pokemon with a high attack or that look like they could kill you

Cyndaquil Family
---
---
---
---
---

Crystal - Cute and Battle Worthy Team
The kind of team that makes you go "Awww" and then "AAAAAGH!!"

Chikarita Family
Vulpix Family
Shiney Smoochum (off of Odd Egg)
---
---
---

Movesets for these teams will be decided upon full team construction.

Baby/Egg/Breeder Cup Team Needed for Stadium2
Quote:
I just realized that I have no plan as to how to tackle the strangely hard breeder/egg/baby tourniment in Stadium2! I have a pretty good plan for the main PokeCup, which is to take my Red team and battle as far as I can go, but I have no idea was kind of team would work for this tourniment!

Suggestions would be more than appreciated, especially any team set up that will get me through the R2 version of this tourniment.

Team So Far
Abra (Thanks Jishin!)
Thunder Punch
Fire Punch
Ice Punch
Psychic

X-Mon Team
Quote:
I want to create a fun little team of Pokemon that are mutants. By that, I mean that they know moves they cannot naturally know on their own AND are not sharked in anyway.

Here's what I have so far. Keep in mind that this team is for fun and not for serious battling. If anything, I would like to use this team to throw off my opponents with unexpected moves.

+Kangashkan
Nickname: M
Item: Sharp Beak
Moveset:
Dizzy Punch
Bite
Water Gun
Sky Attack (X move)

+Raichu
Nickname: Red (caught on Blue)
Item: Mystic Water
Moveset:
Thunderwave
Thunderbolt
Sessmic Toss
Surf (X move)

*Pikachu
Nickname: Blue (caught on Red)
Item: Light Ball
Moveset:
Thunderwave
Thunder
Rain Dance
Surf (X move)

*Psyduck
Item: Everstone (for training reasons)
Moveset:
Confusion
Bubblebeam
Amnesia (X move)
------

Farfetch'd
Item: Stick (if I can find one sweatdrop )
Moveset:
Baton Pass (X move)
Agility
Sword Dance
Slash

(NOTE: This guy is designed to be used only during extreme advantage in my favor, like when I freeze the last pokemon of my opponent and the like.)

Gliger
Item: ---
Moveset:
Earthquake (X move)
---
---
---

Suggestions and improvements are much appreciated.

+ = Has Pokemon with moveset in N64 box right now
* = Has Pokemon, but not the moveset in N64 box right now

Rate Me
Eon Cup Team
Quote:
A while back, I made an interesting rule set in Stadium2 in which both trainers were only allowed to use Eevee and its various evolutions (or Eeveelutions as I call them). I think the rules were something like level 50 to 60 allowed with a total of 170 between the three picked and different held items per Pokemon. This way, the best level combination you can have is one level 60 and two level 55's (55 + 55 + 60 = 110 + 60 = 170).

I plan on finding one male and one female Eevee and training them up until they know all thier moves (that way I don't loose any of the moveset I want while breeding). I intend on having all six Eevees to know Bite, which is why I am going to train the two that far. Also, I'm thinking about putting Mud-slap on the male to pass on to the kids, which is why I want to train them to where they cannot learn any new moves. After that, I plan on puting on a STAB move and one other move that helps each type in one way or the other (like Pin Missle on Jolteon and both healing moves for the Espeon and Umbreon).

In short, this is what I plan on having as their moveset.

Eevee
Item: Pokadot Bow
Bite
Mud-Slap
Return
--

Vaporeon
Item: Nevermelting Ice
Bite
Mud-Slap
Surf
Ice Beam

Jolteon
Item: Sliver Powder (if I can find one sweatdrop )
Bite
Mud-Slap
Thunderbolt
Pin Missle

Flareon
Item: Spell Tag
Bite
Mud-Slap
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball (Suggested by Akahana)

Umbreon
Item: Twisted Spoon
Bite
Mud-Slap
Psychic
Moonlight

Espeon
Item: Dark Glasses
Bite
Mud-Slap
Psychic
Morning Light

Any suggestions on movesets for this unique set of rules? Also, comments on my rules for the Eon Cup would be much appreciated.

Artistic Smeargle
Quote:
Not really a battle worthy one, but definately something to have in my Box to laugh at every once in a while. His movesets will be based around the arts for the most part, and I'm told I can use a wild Ditto to train Smeargle as long as the Ditto transforms into the one-move pokemon I want to use. Anyway, here's what I want to do with him.

Smeargle Male
Nickname: Art
Item: Charcoal (hey, it's for drawing)
Moveset:
Mud-Slap (alternate painting method)
Petal Dance (Performing Arts)
Rock Smash (Sculture)
Heal Bell (mostly for breeding purposes sweatdrop )

Comments are more than welcome as long as you remember that I do not want him battle worthy. I just want him for fun.

Answered Problems
Shiny Ditto Glitch
(Answered by Gollem OTCT)
Quote:
I have no clue how this works. Can someone please explain it to me? sweatdrop All I know is that it involves trading a Red Gyrados over to the R/B/Y game and then "battling" a Ditto. The rest I'm rather lost with.

Legendary Beast Help
(Answered by Alexa-sama)
Quote:
One of the most annoying things I could remember from G/S/C is how difficult it is to capture the Ledgendary Beasts that run around Johto.

I've read all the FAQs on it, but for some bizzare reason they always end with "If that doesn't work, try again."

Is there a sure fire way to capture them without wasting the only Masterball in the game?

Complex Breeding Chains for Gold/Silver/Crystal
Quote:
I seem to have lost the list of chain breeding sequenses I printed off a site that I can't remember. If anyone can help me, please do so. Thank you

Movie Movesets
Quote:
Once I train all of the ledgendaries I can to level 100 (Yeah, I know, stupidly ambious), I want to give them a moveset that mimics their movie moves. It doesn't have to be battle worthy, but it should as hell would be nice if it was. Any suggestions?

So far, this is what I have figured out.

Articuno - (Caught and trained on Blue)
Ice Beam (used a lot in the movie)
Mist (is surrounded by mist when Todd/Snap is trying to take a picture of it in the show)
Fly (which is what it does when it isn't attacking anything sweatdrop Suggested by Alexa-sama in PMs)
Icy Wind (generates it every time it flys past Team Rocket in the Todd/Snap episode)

Zapdos - (Caught and trained on Yellow)
Thunderbolt (used a lot in the movie)
Fly (which is what it does when it isn't attacking anything sweatdrop Suggested by Alexa-sama in PMs)
Thunder Wave (used to communicate with Pikachu in the movie without hurting it)
Rain Dance (generates storm clouds whenever it is shown in the show and movie)

Moltres - (Caught and trained on Red)
Sky Attack (used in the TV Series when it attacked Team Rocket during the Opening Ceremonies of the Pokemon Leadge)
Flamethrower (used a lot in the movie)
Sunny Day (when it is caught, all heat disappears and the sun doesn't shine in the movie)

MewTwo - (Caught and trained on Blue, which is the first game I ever got in the series)
Psychic (primary ability used in both movies)
Shadow Ball (or something that looks like it in the first movie)
Recover (does this at least once in the second "movie")
Amnesia (he causes it on several people, which really isn't the actual ability, but hell)

Mew - (Caught and trained on Yellow, the last game/chance at getting one)
Psychic (primary ability)
Shadow Ball (or something that looks like it, only pink sweatdrop )
Ancient Power (not used, but Mew is believed to be one of the oldest Pokemon in the world)
Softboil (really needs a healing move since it can learn one. sweatdrop )

Lugia - (Caught and trained on Silver)
Aeroblast (used in the movie and TV show)
Psychic (used to talk to Ash in the movie)
Recover (technically not on its own, but it does recover at least once)
Fly (carries Ash and the others in the movie, much like how this move works out of battle. Suggested by Alexa-sama in PMs)

Ho-oh - (Caught and trained on Gold)
Sunny Day (used in the very first episode when Ash sees it for the first time)
Sacred Fire (not really ever seen in use, but it is the trademark attack. Suggested by Sui Kune)
Ancient Power (not used, but Ho-oh is believed to be one of the oldest Pokemon in the world)

Raikou - (Caught and trained on Silver)
Thunderbolt/Thunder (used in the Raikou special Episode. Special thanks to Alexa-sama!)
Rain Dance (use in the TV show when Togepi is lost and waits out a storm in a hollow tree)
Roar (because that's what it does a lot sweatdrop )
Bite (What's the point of having fangs if you can't use them?)

Entei - (Caught and trained on Gold)
Flamethrower/Fire Blast (primary move in the movie)
Return (is extremely loyal to the little girl in the movie even if that Entei isn't real, which is similar to how this move works in that the more loyal the Pokemon is to you determins how strong Return is)

Suicune - (Caught and trained on Crystal)
BubbleBeam (used in the movie. Special thanks to Sui Kune!)
Mist (is surrounded by mist and then runs away when Ash and the gang first see it in the show upon entering the Jotoh region)

Celebi - (Hacked on Crystal via GameShark)
Ancient Power (As a Time Traveling Pokemon, there is no telling how old it really is.)
Future Sight (Used several times to escape danger and to change the course of history, as is the case in the show special featuring Richie.)
Psychic (Used to fly and help Ash and Sammy fly, as well as some major damage when it goes dark on everyone.)
Recover (Techincally, not on its own.)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:15 pm
For zee ditto; I may 'alp vous.

Way, way back, in the days of the series' infancy, ditto had a kicker move, transform. Zees move, when used--IN RED UND BLUE, ONLY--vould replace ze statistics and genetic values of ze ditto vith eet's oponent's. It vould set ze ditto's statables aside in a sub-set, to be reclaimahed at ze end of ze battle. Ja? Tres nice, non?

Zere VAS, however, with ze introduction of Gold ahnd zilvah a very interesting thing made possible. For zees to work, vous must have:

1) The shiny Gyarados from the Lake of Rage, or any other shiny pokemon, IF they could learn

2) Ze Mimic TM from Red and blue.

Ze procedure is this.

UNO) Trade ze Gyarados to red or blue. Teach it mimic.

DOS) Trade Gyarados back, and erase all it's moves BUT mimic with help of the Move Deleter.

TRES) Once more unto the breach. Swap Garados back to red and blue, and find a Ditto to fight.

Now the magic starts. What you want to do is simple: Force the ditto to use transform TWICE. How can this be accomplished?

Via mimic, that's how. Mimic its transformation, and then transform. It will mimic Transform, giving the Dittogyarados Transform, again.

What has this accomplished?

As mentioned before, when ditto copies you, its stats are written elsewhere so it can return to normal after the fight. Now, however, we have a ditto that's about to transform AGAIN--and when it does, it will overwrite its original stats and IVs with yours.

Your Shiny IVs.

Wait for ditto to transform again, and catch it. Swap it to gold and silver.

Shiny ditto!  

oGolem

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:53 pm
Golem OTCT

Wait for ditto to transform again, and catch it. Swap it to gold and silver.

Shiny ditto!
Do I have to have the Red Gyrados do Transform or can I just play the PokeFlute after Mimicing Transform until the Ditto transforms itself again?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:07 am
Hm. My memory is a bit rusty--I think if your Gyarados doesn't use transform, the foe will only Mimic Mimic. So transform once; but not twice, lest you lose YOUR shiny instead of the ditto getting its own.  

oGolem

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:32 am
Golem OTCT
Hm. My memory is a bit rusty--I think if your Gyarados doesn't use transform, the foe will only Mimic Mimic. So transform once; but not twice, lest you lose YOUR shiny instead of the ditto getting its own.
Okay, I'm confused again. I thought Mimic temporarily copies a random move. I remember having a Mr. Mime with Mimic (unoriginal, I know), and it was fairly fast too. I was always able to Mimic a random move before the other pokemon made their move.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:46 pm
I cleaned up the first post. Hopefully, it is easier to read now.  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:45 pm
For the Movie Movesets, Raikou uses Thunder and Thunderbolt mucho times in the Japanese special. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:37 pm
Alexa-sama
For the Movie Movesets, Raikou uses Thunder and Thunderbolt mucho times in the Japanese special. 3nodding
Thunder AND Thunderbolt? Not either or? Hmmm... kind of like Pikachu.... Well, since I'm an accuracy nut, I'm going with Bolt (unless that rain storm in that one episode Togepi gets lost and hides in a tree to wait it out was caused by Raikou since that is the only time I ever saw him in the series).  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:28 pm
ZeekSlider
Alexa-sama
Thunder AND Thunderbolt? Not either or? Hmmm... kind of like Pikachu.... Well, since I'm an accuracy nut, I'm going with Bolt (unless that rain storm in that one episode Togepi gets lost and hides in a tree to wait it out was caused by Raikou since that is the only time I ever saw him in the series).

Aye, no. I'm pretty sure it was both, but then again, it was long, long ago that I watched it, so.. I could be wrong.. But the legendaries do tend to use more than one move during their appearences..

Edit: Oh, and for Entei, he uses Fire Blast, not Flamethrower. 3nodding

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:37 pm
Alexa-sama
Oh, and for Entei, he uses Fire Blast, not Flamethrower. 3nodding
He does? When? I don't remember seeing that.  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:38 pm
ZeekSlider
Alexa-sama
Oh, and for Entei, he uses Fire Blast, not Flamethrower. 3nodding
He does? When? I don't remember seeing that.

In Pokémon Colosseum, Entei's Fire Blast looks exactly like the attack Entei from Spell of the Unknown uses.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:40 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:47 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:51 pm
Alexa-sama
gonk

Jesus H. Christ that's gonna be a b***h...

I'll try.. But trust me; ask anyone else in here who has Colosseum.
Sorry... I'm going to try serbeii.net (I know I butchered that URL) and see what their screen caps look like. I don't think they have any screen caps of Entei from Colosseum, though.  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:54 pm
ZeekSlider
Alexa-sama
gonk

Jesus H. Christ that's gonna be a b***h...

I'll try.. But trust me; ask anyone else in here who has Colosseum.
Sorry... I'm going to try serbeii.net (I know I butchered that URL) and see what their screen caps look like. I don't think they have any screen caps of Entei from Colosseum, though.

Aye, and neither does PE2K.

But I swear on the life of my beloved Typhlosion, Lime, that in Colosseum, when Entei uses Fire Blast, he shoots a ball of fire at the opponent, much like those that Entei shoots at Charizard and everything else in Spell of the Unknown.

Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff