Septums Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lance Castle
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:19 pm
Well guys I finally did it, I got my septums pierced.
I know pain and everything is different for everyone but I was wondering if anyone who had it done already could give me a heads up on what to expect.
If you could pm me that'd be awesome.
But now let me reccount my tale....

A cousin of mine came from out of town so me and another of my cousins went to get each of us a piercing.
One went first and got both his ears pierced with diamond studs.
Then the other went and got his cartiledge pierced.
Neither one of them flinched.
Then im up on the chopping block...
Im getting my septums done and I know its gonna hurt.
Long story short my eyes watered like crazy and I sum it up as I cried like a little bizatch.
This shocked my cousins and one actually admitted to nearly getting sick when it went through razz
This is in no way meant to discourage anyone from getting this done.
My septum is currently my newest favorite piercing.
Second to my tongue and third collectively to my nipples.
So if anyone has had one for quite some time Id quite enjoy a bit of a heads up on life and such in general from them.
Post are appreciated but pm's are loved.
Thanks in advance.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:59 pm
My eyes watered but I didn't find it that bad, pain wise. I only had it in for two weeks, but it wasn't sore after the piercing either.  

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:30 pm
when i got my nostril pierced, the eye above it watered like a baby, guess it's a nose thing rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:52 pm
I'm planning on getting my septum done near christmas. biggrin

Hopefully it won't hurt too much!

I'm usually good with pain though. As long as it doesn't take too long I should be ok.

Gawd I hope it isn't as bad as my vertical labret. >.<  

Cross Eyed Mary

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:40 pm
You probably don't want to hear this, but mine was the longest piercing process I've had. XD
I can't imagine it being worse than a vertical labret though.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:15 am
The eyes tearing up is a nose thing.

apanda999

Cross Eyed Mary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:13 am
~More Than Cherries~
I'm planning on getting my septum done near christmas. biggrin

Hopefully it won't hurt too much!

I'm usually good with pain though. As long as it doesn't take too long I should be ok.

Gawd I hope it isn't as bad as my vertical labret. >.<

I hope so, too! It didn't half scare me when you got your Vertical labret done! You went so white! O_O

If and when I get mine done (all depends on whether I think it'll look good with a bridge or not - which I desperatly want >.<) I'd get it done with a 1.2mm horseshoe, those things are so cute! Until you hafta try and unscrew those tiny balls by yourself before school xD.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:04 pm
I've heard weird ways people have reacted to getting their septum pierced. With me, it sent me reeling into a panic attack. That was embarrassing, to say the least. It hurt, but I love it now.

Healing hasn't been too bad yet. Just can't wipe my nose o_o Too sore. So that gets tricky during this cold season.  

popcornsharingbox

Cross Eyed Mary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:04 am
If you have worn circular barbells in your septum, how easy is it to flick it up and hide the piercing? I'm thinking about getting one, but my school is already on my case about my facial piercings and it would be handy to be able to flick it up while at school.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:21 am
~More Than Cherries~
If you have worn circular barbells in your septum, how easy is it to flick it up and hide the piercing? I'm thinking about getting one, but my school is already on my case about my facial piercings and it would be handy to be able to flick it up while at school.

If you get a horseshoe ring or a pincher, it's very simple to flip it up into your nose. Although with a new piercing, it's not going to feel nice.  

popcornsharingbox

Edible Lingerie!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:19 am
I'm scared of getting my septum done. gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:45 pm
Edible Lingerie!
I'm scared of getting my septum done. gonk

Don't be scared. Read up as much as you can about it, go to a reputable piercer and just ask them to go slow and explain.

I had my septum pierced back in 2005 I think (oh how time flies...)

I unfortunately had to retire it and am still awaiting the opportunity to have it repierced.

Watering eyes is a common reaction that one will endure when having a needle pass through their nasal septum. Time seemed to slow down for me when I was being pierced but I could not of been happier once I saw the end result.

I unfortunately had to retire my piercing because it still felt uncomfortable months afterwards - I think that the placement may have been off. However, I can't say what exactly went awry, since I was unable to have it re-examined.

I would recommend that anyone getting this piercing should select the septum retainer if they've that option. It is comfortable and discrete.  

Aetherna

Edible Lingerie!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:30 pm
Thx for the advice. :] I do in fact love septum piercings, specially 'cause here where I live, not many people have it, so it doesn't feel as if I am copying off of anyone, not to point out that it looks totally awesome. Getting piercings for me is a pleassure-pain art ritual, and I do want to get as many as I feel comfortable in, but I am taking it slow now 'cause I have gotten five piercings in exacly one month and I think my body needs some rest, which means I'll be waiting for my latest piercing (lip) to heal and then I'll go get something else done when I have the monies (I have distate for home-made ones xP).

I might stumble by a few times by the piercing shop to talk about certain piercings I plan on getting, septum included, and I will be asking my two piercers opinion and advice, 'cause I sorta have a whim (I call it whim for now 'cause it is something that even though I love, I am not sure whether it is my passion do it or not) to become a piercer. <3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:33 pm
Wow! To be honest, I do not know anyone who has had themselves pierced 5 times in one month - your body must love you to behave and heal without getting all upset in any way. ^_^

To me, piercing my septum was an acceptance of the nose that I've grown up hating (gotta love childhood accidents.) Retiring that piercing made me a sad panda but it was either "don't kiss my (now husband) and try to avoid pain" or "retire the septum, spare myself the pain, and redo it one day." The decision did not take even a second to make.

I wish you a speedy and uneventful healing process, and much luck with both the septum piercing and your whim - I've considered it too! smile  

Aetherna

Edible Lingerie!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:26 pm
xD
Yeah. I love body modifications, specially piercings and my mum had offered to take me to get them before, but I wanted to be the one to give premission to someone to stab holes in my body, and so I turned 18 on December 27th of 2oo6 and I had only the usual lobe piercings done, and so it went from there. xD My nose and monroe healed in about 3 weeks, though I still clean 'em at least once a day, and my helix will take a bit more too heal, so I decided that I was not going to wait for it to heal to get others 'cause that'll mean waiting forever. @@

And, thx. I do hope it heals as nicely as the others 'cause it is my current favorite I have, and one of my favorite pirecings overall. AND, I hadn't thought of it 'til recently, but I would like to at least own a bod. mod. shop. That would be just awesome. <3

Facial & Oral Piercings

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff