Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
More Compatable? Hn...I can't spell.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Any thoughts at all?
  Like you, I have a fever, and it hurts my brain to think.
  No.
  I have a humunguous nutcase so I can think real good.
  Big skull, little brain. Case closed.
  Yes.
View Results

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:14 pm
I have no means, try to make this thing sound racist. It's just a topic, and I don't want it to be taken as something racist. GOT IT? D<

But anyway, have you ever thought about the fact that maybe...a certain background/culture/race/ethinicity, might be able to cooperate more then others?

Examples such as...

...Hispanic?

...American?

...African American?

...Anything else? (Anarcticans. xD)

NO. I DON'T MEAN TO BE RACIST! DON'T KILL ME!

So yeah, your thoughts?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:48 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I`ve never really thought about that.

I suppose I`ve just assumed that people of the same ethinicity are the most compatible,

Seeing as that`s what they usually do.

Though you have the occaisonal couple who are both from different backgrounds.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. || My doorknob owns You. || User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

xiiao-ai

` T a p i o c a `

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:41 am
(¨`¤
(¨*·.¸(¨*·.¸`·.¸
´·.¸.¤Sapphire´·.¸) `·.¸)

I haven't thought about this before =/

It depends on the person's personality really~

Some get along well with any ethinic's, some get a long with a few, some don't at all...

¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) .·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Dragon¤.¸.·`

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:54 am
True, but I see it all the time. O__o I think it's what some people think of another background. >_>  

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

kyoslove74

Romantic Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:33 am
I thoguht too that people born in the same ethniic and living with ethnic parents that are what they are would make better matches because people soemtiems from other ethnicities don't understand the culture and such of the other.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:22 pm
uh.. i dont really get this but i think i do a lil....
i think the japanese get along real well. :]
@ least our Japanese. :] ch'yea that doesnt
sound real right... sweatdrop heh heh..  

[.Mihiko-chan.]

JunsuXiahKim DBSK

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:47 pm
well, in my school at least, people get along well. But people from the same background tend to stay together.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:11 pm
OH gosh I'd love to have a boyfriend who wasn't a westerner, but that's never gonna friggin' happen, but I have heaps of friends who are Asian and various other cultures around the world which is just as cool.  

Daisy Mai - 128K

Beixuelong

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:02 pm
I think it all depends on the cultural awareness and opennes of an individual. I mean, how prepared is a person to understand ways of another and how adaptable that individual is.

Every culture and people have their bad seeds (and unfortunately they quite often are a big group) who are ignorant enough to others and this sometimes leads to even acts of direct racism. However, every culture and people also have their good sides that are formed of friendliness and kindness towards even complete strangers.

When in a strange place, people tend to try surround themselves with familiar things. As a Finnish person in Hong Kong, I would first look for other Finns, then maybe Scandinavian people, European, Caucasian, and so on. It's a group of people I can relate myself with. It doesn't, however, mean that I would be any better of with them than with the natives. It's just a cultural behaviour.

Anyhoo, I think that similar culture and background help when it comes to cooperation. It is, however, also a matter of education and readiness as well as a whole-lots of personal features.

Don't know whether I actually made any sense... ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:26 pm
User ImageTofu Ish Speaking.

I agree with Beixuelong on the whole natural behavior thing of how most post people when put in a room would stick to people who they share similarities with. [That didn't really make sense whee ]

But Anyways, it just depends on the person really. They might have a certain like for an ethnic group, a dislike, cultural believes, etc. that impacts their choices in choosing who they decide to go out with and get marry.

J o t e i

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff