Rules, FAQ, News - NEWS UPDATE 6/30/07

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheShrike
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:51 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Updates regarding the guild and any events we have will be posted here.

Also, if you are at all confused about how to conduct yourself OR have any questions, you're in the right place.

NEWSUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

exclaim Saturday, June 30th

User Image

Sent out donations today - Active Contest threads and giveaways in need of donations received 10,700g. :3 Really good this month! I'm sure this will make the Contests subforum all the more awesome.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:53 am
RULESUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Follow the TOS! Just because we're in a guild, that doesn't mean we don't have to follow the rules of Gaia. All TOS violators will be BANNED.

DOn't TyPe LYkE DiS!11!! We're not Grammar Nazis here, and we don't expect your grammar to be perfect... But please make an effort to be coherent.

No page stretching

Advertising is okay

Invite all your friends to join! The more the merrier. :3

Keep spam and bumping to a bare minimum - If you want to bump here in the guild, make a thread for it. Don't just barge into the middle of someone's conversation and unleash the spam. Not cool.

This guild has many contests that people work hard on. You are expected to participate in a contest if you intend to win a prize. If you never post then just show up out of the blue to try and win something? Guess what, you're banned from the guild.

Seriously, I'm not kidding about inactive users. I routinely ban people who don't post. If you are banned, you are given ONE chance to redeem yourself. If I have to ban you a second time, guess what? You are no longer welcome in EverGleam.

Have fun. :3  

TheShrike
Crew

TheShrike
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:58 am
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONSUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

How do I become a crew member?
For the time being, I have assigned PLENTY of Crew members to take care of the guild. When the community grows, that's when I'll add more Crew. Being a fair, level-headed and mature person helps.

CHEH. You used favoritism to choose Crew members! I am clearly a better choice!
You nominated Crew members, silly. biggrin

What are Guild Funds?
Guild Funds come from entry fees-- the gold you spent to gain access to this guild. These funds can only be used used to buy subforums at this time, but there have been talks of Guild Clubhouses sometime in the future.

I want to donate to the guild- How do I do that?
We have a mule set up for donations. PM EverGleam_Guild - Just copy the screen name into a blank PM.

What will all the gold that goes to this mule be used for?
At the end of every month, I will divide the gold on this mule among the contests in this guild. That-a-way, all the gold you send in inevitably goes back to you. :3

Will there be more giveaways?
Certainly. Everybody is more than welcome to start their OWN contest, giveaway, lotto... in the Contests subforum.

Are you still giving people gold for bumping?

No, that's pretty pointless now, don't you think?

Why isn't there a subforum for this and that?
As we can afford them, there will be more subforums.

Can I invite my friends to join the guild?
Certainly! The more the merrier.

Why is the entry fee so high?
Well, since this guild is going to have some contests in it... we want people to join who are really into it to help a thread move along, get to know peoplee, have fun -- not just swoop in and grab an item without helping out. The theory is, people who are lazy and greedy won't be too crazy about parting with that much gold. This is also why the guild is private.

I thought you were leaving after the thread was over.

Yeah, well... You know. I'm a sneaky broad.

When we join it is said that we are supposed to help out... what exactly does this mean? Do we have to make our own giveaways to be in this guild or what?
Answer:
You don't have to make your own giveaway to be part of the guild . You should just post in the guild on a regular basis, get to know members, just participate in the guild in general.

Who makes your banners/tags?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:01 am
CREW MEMBERSUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If you have any problems in the guild, here are the people to contact

TheShrike
Daeraelle
Divash
Cretaius_Sempai
Lady Leopardess
The Space Raccoon
Daisuke Moriyama
Nafariously_Ploted  

TheShrike
Crew

EverGleam_Guild
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:20 am
DONATING TO THE GUILDUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hi! I'm EverGleam's mule.

Lots of people have asked about donating towards the guild-- wanting to directly send us gold, rather than adding to guild funds that cannot be accesed, except for buying subforums. EverGleam has enough subforums, you say! You want to make a real difference!

SO! If you would like to throw us some donations, please send them to me. Gold, items, bugs and trash are accepted with love and appreciation.

What happens to your donations?

Well, at the end of the month, all of the gold accumulated will be divided amongst EverGleams' many contests that are gold-driven. That-a-way, all of the gold you donate goes directly to the community. Everybody wins! If the guild is having a special event at the time, gold will also go towards that.

Of course, you can always donate to specific contests, rather than all of them. We encourage that, too. Just send those donations directly to whoever runs your contest of choice.

So what are you waiting for? Donate today!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:02 pm
EverGleam - A History

Since not everyone in the guild has been around since the beginning, I thought I'd give a little backstory. Because you care.

I've run several very succesful public giveaway threads in the Chatterbox, all for one purpose: Leaving Gaia. You see, for the longest time I've been trying to quit... but like the crack whore, I keep crawling back for another hit. I had thought that giving away all of my donation items (many of which I had since they were released years ago) would help. Little did I know, but a new addiction would take hold.

Giveaways.

I LOVE giving things away... Really. It's a thrill to me. I have very little attachment to pixels, and making random people happy makes me... happy! It makes Gaia tolerable. It makes me want to stick around and find my own kind of fun. It's odd, when I enter a thread and talk to people I don't know about what I do around Gaia, they're SHOCKED. It's sort of disturbing, the greed that tends to dominate things on this website. A part of my mind thinks that giving away really expensive, rare items pisses those people off. I like to think I'm giving the inflation mongers a run for their money. I like to think these things, because everybody else is telling me I'm nuts. o_o;

SO! Moving along. After my most intensive (and famous - The original EverGleam thread was the most popular/best rated thread on Gaia for a couple days. :3) thread came to a close, I decided that I wouldn't leave Gaia after all. I was broke, my inventory was-- essentially-- empty. My long time friend, Mr. High5BanjoStrings told me that starting all over again wouldn't be too bad, that he'd help me out.

Instead of doing that, I decided to start this guild and start collecting donation items all over again. ALL of them. Starting from the bottom, working my way up.

Mostly, this thread exists to keep people together. The real joy of all of this has been the people I've met along the way. I'm really doing all of this for them, because they deserve it.

I also hope that this guild will one day become something of a contest/lotto/giveaway hub. Something that really makes me happy is to see a new contest up and running here in the guild -- and I also REALLY enjoy sending out those donations every month. The generosity of people never ceases to amaze me.

That's that. :3

MY OLD THREADS
Kiki Giveaway
Zony Giveaway
Original EverGleam thread  

TheShrike
Crew

TheShrike
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:06 pm
And now, a word from Divash...

TheShrike is your friend. You know this. Everyone knows this. TheShrike keeps Evergleam safe from N00bs.
Pardon, you don't know what N00bs are, citizen New-BIE? Please report for termination. Thank you.

Failure to know what N00bs are is treason, Citizen New-BIE-2. N00bs are the Enemies of Evergleam. They destroyed the old thread so we all live in our Guild where TheShrike protects us. But N00bs are evil and have ways of sneaking in and corrupting anyone. Look around you! Anyone could be a N00b and serve a Secret Society dedicated to the destruction of The Evergleam Guild!

As a thread regular, you're job is to root out the N00bs infiltrating Evergleam and destroy them for TheShrike! The Evergleam Guild must be protected at all costs! To aid you, TheShrike has made backups - ah, other clones of you. There are 7 of you. You are all willing to kill recycle N00b mutant traitors for TheShrike, because She is Your Friend. Remember, ignorance is strength.

War is peace. Once the N00bs are defeated, we will win! The Evergleam Guild will triumph! All hail TheShrike! *pause for enthusiastic hailing*

In order to stop the N00bs, you have your laser pistol with reflex armour. It will allow you to kill recycle N00b Traitors in the name of TheShrike! Your Friend will thank you for this. If it turns out you are a N00b Traitor, you will execute recycle yourself with all due haste and hope your next clone with serve diligently.

Life in The Evergleam Guild

Life was very good for you as a Thread Newbie, wasn't it? You were always happy, right? Right? I thought so. You got up for your daycycle, did your Mandatory Exercises, drank all your Red Bino, to make you Happy and prevent you from having Traitorous thoughts. Everyone in The Evergleam Guild is happy. TheShrike says so. Trust TheShrike. TheShrike is your friend.

You worked, and ate in the mess hall. Nutritious algae chips and Zurg Energy Drink just made your day! Then you went home and saw Jerryspr-I-NGR, the new talk show sensation. Your Friend dimmed the lights for the 8 hour nightcycle and you began your day again! It was very good, until you found a N00b thread hijacker and prize-stealing hacker and reported it to TheShrike like a good citizen! In reward for your service, you are a Thread Regular for TheShrike!

*pause for enthusiastic cheers*

Being a Thread Regular is fun! You know this from watching the A-Team on Rox0r News, the only Fair & Balanced news station! You know they are Fair & Balanced because Rox0r News tells you that. Being a Thread Regular and troubleshooter allows you to shoot trouble! It is very exciting! You can't wait to get your Dream Avatar and enter the Avatar Contests in the Avatar Discussion subforum!

It will be fun. TheShrike says so.

(.... Divash is a special, special lady.)  
EverGleam

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games