Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
I'm sure you've heard of it Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Seven Deadly Sinz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:07 pm
Due to the decision to add intelligent design as part of the curriculum in one Kansas Highschool, upset one Bobby Henderson. He suggested that if you can 'teach students to believe in god', therefore it was also logical to teach them about the one diety of true power, the Flying Spaghetti Monster. ( His followers are known as Pastafarians; pasta+ rastafarians.)
Either way he has a website and such and the origianl letter was posted, I thought however ridiculous it may be, it still offered an..interesting point of view. The url is http://www.venganza.org/, see it and well, discuss lol.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:44 am
This is old news...But funny as hell. He's my idol.  

Lethkhar

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:40 am
Old. But he has a point.

What's the more outlandish tale? A huge perfect garden with one guy, a woman who was made out of a rib, no pain, and no death, that dies because the woman eats an apple after a snake tells her to.

-OR-

A midget, a mountain, and a tree.

Also, how can you deny the Flying Spaghetti Monster's real, physical form, as opposed to the "omnipresent" Christian God?

And the concept of the afterlife! Christians are in search of a nice place full of clouds. Pastafriarians will get beer volcanos and daily packages from the stripper factory!

Obviously, we must abandon the idea of ID in schools, and begin to teach our young the fundamentals of Pastafriarianism!

I'll pass out the pirate garb right away!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:56 pm
rofl rofl i know it's old, but i refound it during a school research project, lol it's still funny razz  

The Seven Deadly Sinz

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:13 pm
But...if they are going to teach ID and the ways of the Flying Spaghetti Monster...

eek

They have to teach the way of the Magical Pink Unicorn Goddess as well! What about her and her home in the Sun?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:19 pm
Sanguvixen
But...if they are going to teach ID and the ways of the Flying Spaghetti Monster...

eek

They have to teach the way of the Magical Pink Unicorn Goddess as well! What about her and her home in the Sun?

gonk maybe we should send letters  

The Seven Deadly Sinz

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:07 am
antiangel force
Sanguvixen

eek

gonk maybe we should send letters

Agreed! She, too, must be properly worshiped, as well as her Sanctuaries of Pretty Shinies!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:43 pm
The Midgit, Mountain and tree is more believable tham christianity... At least the FSM heaven is more appealing biggrin Pass out the pirate unifroms! Construct pirate ships and raid somewhere! Make all your desktop backgrounds the midgit, mountain and tree backgrounds on Venganza!  

Death God Hitsugaya

S. Shark

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:19 pm
Sanguvixen

eek

She doesn't get taught because there's no scientific evidence supporting her existence, you bumbling nitwit. rolleyes

Does the disappearance of her chosen people explain global warming?
Does she have dozens of experts endorsing her Way?
Is her prophet a physicist?

No.
No!
NO!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:23 pm
sybex Shark
Sanguvixen

eek

She doesn't get taught because there's no scientific evidence supporting her existence, you bumbling nitwit. rolleyes

No.
No!
NO!

But....But....;mimics the whine of an illogical theist;

She lives in the Sun! Have humans explored the Inside of the sun yet? No they haven't! Besides, she can hide herself is she wanted too.

In any case she's magical, and can do whatever she wants. You weren't around before the universe existed! She was! She created everything we have with three blasts of light from her Golden Horn.

True believers have seen her! I have seen her! She is real!

Sanguvixen

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:33 pm
Sanguvixen
sybex Shark
Sanguvixen

eek

No.
No!
NO!

She lives in the Sun! Have humans explored the Inside of the sun yet? No they haven't! Besides, she can hide herself is she wanted too.

In any case she's magical, and can do whatever she wants. You weren't around before the universe existed! She was! She created everything we have with three blasts of light from her Golden Horn.

I too have seen her in the long, blessed stares at the sun! She cannot be disproven!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:01 pm
Sanguvixen
sybex Shark
Sanguvixen

eek

No.
No!
NO!

Blasphemy! You can't see her! She's invisible!

You just gotta believe!  

Lethkhar

S. Shark

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:27 pm
Sanguvixen

Do you have EVIDENCE that she lives in the sun? Do you have PROOF she is magical?
Can you PROVE you've seen her?
Are YOU a physicist?

NO!

We have graphs, we have physicists, we have S-C-I-E-N-T-I-F-I-C EVIDENCE! You have some meaningless babble.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:59 pm
sybex Shark
Sanguvixen

Do you have EVIDENCE that she lives in the sun? Do you have PROOF she is magical?
Are YOU a physicist?

NO!

We have graphs, we have physicists, we have S-C-I-E-N-T-I-F-I-C EVIDENCE! You have some meaningless babble.

HEY. HEY. HEY.

This babble is billions of years old! It wouldn't still exist if it wasn't true!  

Tenth Speed Writer

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:25 pm
sybex Shark
Sanguvixen

Are YOU a physicist?

NO!

ninja ;laughs...;

This is hilarious.

You silly person, you! Do you have evidence she isn't real? Can you disprove magic? Have you seen the center of the sun? No one has. Just becuase you can't see her doesn't mean she's not there.

You can't see wind...but you can feel it!

Until you do, what I am saying has to be true!

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff