Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
Panda would love some advice <3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you care about panda?
  I love panda! <3
  I hate panda! </3
View Results

Neural Oscillation

Eloquent Roisterer

9,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:05 am
There's going to be a Panic! At The Disco and Jack's Mannequin concert at the Palace of Auburn Hills (which is an hour and a half away from where I live) here in Michigan. They're two of my favorite bands and I REALLY want to go see them! Since my parents won't take me themselves (plus it would be REALLY embarrassing to be in a mosh pit with my 56 year old mother stare ) but my 20 year old brother has agreed to come with me and be my method of transportation 'cause I can't drive due to my epilepsy. I can pay for the tickets, too. They're $30 each. But my parents still won't let me!! And I don't see why! My mother claims that the strobe lights will bother me and induce a seizure. Now, strobe lights do NOT bother me! I've been to dances and haunted houses and all that and not once did they make me dizzy or anything. My father says that the drive is too long and it'll be too dark and there's going to be deer on the freeway stare My brother is an excellent driver! I mean, I know they're my parents and they care for my safety, but I'm 17! I'm almost an adult! And my brother is ALREADY an adult!! He has a cell phone! What is the big deal?! I can take care of myself! I never forget to take my medication on time, too!
The concert is in 2 weeks and I KNOW that if I don't get tickets soon that I won't be able to go! No bands that I like EVER play in Michigan 'cause it's a ******** hell hole here! My mother won't even LISTEN to me anymore and my dad is just getting annoyed. I'm sure if THEY were in MY position, then they would feel the same way that I do. I can't think of anything else to do!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:19 pm
maybe you can say your going to a frriends house and go to the concert anyway!! ^^ oh wait... thats bad isn't it? I know how you feel...... I wanted to go to a concer that had Panic! At the Disco and Cute is what We Aim for were playing at and my parents wouldn't let me.  

..Neko.Aimi..

Hikaru Akumu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:33 pm
Mmmm...Hard thing. So basically the problem is this:

Your parent's don't want you to go because they think that

a.] The lights are going to cause a seizure or something of the sort
or
b.] A deers going to jump on the freeway?

Well reason A is understandable but...B? o-0; WTF?!

Anywhos..

Try to compromise. Explain to your mom that you have been around strobe lights and all that crap and haven't had a siezure.

To your dad; Compromise with him about a certain time or something. Explain to him why you really want to go. Why it's something big for you. Say you'll come home at like...11 PM. 12 the latest. Or something. -shrugs-

This is all I can do to help with the information you have given..

Hope things work out.

Hikaru Akumu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:30 am
I never thought of it that way o_O I'll try that out mrgreen Thank yas!  

Neural Oscillation

Eloquent Roisterer

9,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

Hikaru Akumu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:36 pm

=] Not a problem m'dear.

If you ever need advice agian, just PM me or something.

I'm glad to help.

=]

Hope it works out!

Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas