Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Are we commercial? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Necrobunnie

6,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:59 am
What's with the sudden increase in emos? Once individual, we are now widly accepted as a catagory in Sugar (english teenage girly magazine) :S what's going on emos?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:12 am
Well, its because what the stereotypical emo listens too are basically boy bands. Add to that the stupid amount of growth in the past 3 years, is it any wonder Sugar knows what they are, hell I'm waiting for something like heat to start uncovering pics of Gerard Way's secret life or some crap like that. At which point, I will probably hang myself...

Or it could just be vacuous teenage girls creaming over guys that look like girls, thats brought this on. By the way notice that these magazines do mention bands like P!atD FOB and MCR over real emo, BFMV HB KSE. Because the band members are unattractive which goes to prove once again, most self proclaimed emo's do infact listen to crappy pop music.  

Rellik San
Captain

drkmtn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:37 am
Because dressing "emo" is a trend.
Magazines only talk about trends.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:19 am
Because now it's a trend and there is barely any people dressing like emos that actually are emo now. D:

Frizzzz

Gambino Statue

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:45 pm
Social trends never last.
This one just aged quickly.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:44 pm
The Frizz!
Because now it's a trend and there is barely any people dressing like emos that actually are emo now. D:

you cannot be emo so this statement is false.  

drkmtn

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:40 am
celluloid_dreamer
The Frizz!

Yes you can

Emo as in the music - Emotive hardcore
Emo is in a person - Emotional person

They are both just convieniant short hands that people confuse as being one and the same, which just ain't true.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:48 am
Rellik San
celluloid_dreamer
The Frizz!

Yes you can

They are both just convieniant short hands that people confuse as being one and the same, which just ain't true.

If you see it that way everybody is an emo kid.  

drkmtn

Frizzzz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:46 am
xLIZA
Social trends never last.
This one just aged quickly.

But who will remain emo and who will move on to the next trend?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:08 am
there will always be emotional kids, its just if theyre going to be called "emo" and mentioned in magazines...  

halfmike

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:41 pm
celluloid_dreamer
Rellik San
celluloid_dreamer
The Frizz!

Yes you can

If you see it that way everybody is an emo kid.

No, emotional person is a term derived from overly emotional people, I realise being an angry person I qualify, accept, I like most people control my emotions. Thusly making me compartively unemotional, as it is with alot of people. razz  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:56 pm
people don't really understand what emo's are anymore....they think it's just someone who complains and cuts themselves and are all bi/gay
they'r not, they just actualyl care about things mroe than ussual people and it affects them....well, that's what i think it is  

The Dadalorian
Crew

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:00 pm
Chaos A.D.
people don't really understand what emo's are anymore....they think it's just someone who complains and cuts themselves and are all bi/gay
they'r not, they just actualyl care about things mroe than ussual people and it affects them....well, that's what i think it is

Your not far wrong, but then, thats like calling Public Enemy emo, you just have to look at it in more obvious terms, like an emo is someone who wears their emotions on their sleeve as opposed to blocking them out and filtering only the ones they want people to see outwards.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:39 pm
I don't agree with your definition of being "emo".
You cannot be emo. Everybody has emotion. Yes there is overly emotionnal people but it doesn't make them emo.
There's no emo lifestyle. It's not like being punk.

People think that emos are some persons who dress like a drag queen or wathever, who listen to stuff like Fall Out Boy.
I just call them trend follower.

You can be an emotive or emontionnal person, that's your personnality but you cannot be emo.  

drkmtn

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:42 pm
celluloid_dreamer
I don't agree with your definition of being "emo".
You cannot be emo. Everybody has emotion. Yes there is overly emotionnal people but it doesn't make them emo.
There's no emo lifestyle. It's not like being punk.

People think that emos are some persons who dress like a drag queen or wathever, who listen to stuff like Fall Out Boy.
I just call them trend follower.

You can be an emotive or emontionnal person, that's your personnality but you cannot be emo.

But emo, is the abreviation for emotional person, thats what I'm saying, I'm not defining it as this big thing over then someone that doesn't try to hide or manipulate their outward emotional facets.  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games