Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
How many chinese people wear glasses / contact lenses? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you wear glasses / contact lenses?
Yes
70%
 70%  [ 29 ]
No
29%
 29%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 41

Tokioka

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:08 pm
I heard that the reason why many chinese people wear glasses is because of their genes, cos we're more susceptible to short-sightedness or something like that.
I used to wear glasses, but now I've got contact lenses. Nevertheless, I'm still short-sighted. So anyway I was just wondering: how many people in the ICU guild wear glasses or contact lenses?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:21 pm
No one in my family wears glasses besides my parents. I don't have glasses yet and I hope not to. I believe I'll have to get them once I'm in my 40's or something.  

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

yalie5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:28 pm
me! i've got glasses. i use to be bilnd as a bat with out them and then all of a sudden when i got older i'm not as blind but i still need them... oh yeah and my little bro wears them too. blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:36 pm
yalie5
me! i've got glasses. i use to be bilnd as a bat with out them and then all of a sudden when i got older i'm not as blind but i still need them... oh yeah and my little bro wears them too. blaugh

Yeah my eyes got a bit better as I aged, and my whole family needs glasses, lol 3nodding . However, my dad is long-sighted, whereas my mum, my brother and I are short-sighted. Which is kinda strange eek .  

Tokioka

yalie5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:41 pm
Tokioka
yalie5

Yeah my eyes got a bit better as I aged, and my whole family needs glasses, lol 3nodding . However, my dad is long-sighted, whereas my mum, my brother and I are short-sighted. Which is kinda strange eek .

not really. you get your short sighted ness from your mom. and i got glasses cause when i was little i thought i'd do better with glasses so i screwed them up on purpose (ie reading in the dark {it's become a habit now} looking at the computer screen for a long time with out blinking {my friend taught me that xd }) But a lot of my asian friends where i'm at now either have glasses or contacts but when i was up north it was just a few. most had really good eyesight. and bad sight is partially genetic but alot of the times it's just your own fault for staring at the computer screen so long with out blinking xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:06 pm
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5

not really. you get your short sighted ness from your mom. and i got glasses cause when i was little i thought i'd do better with glasses so i screwed them up on purpose (ie reading in the dark {it's become a habit now} looking at the computer screen for a long time with out blinking {my friend taught me that xd }) But a lot of my asian friends where i'm at now either have glasses or contacts but when i was up north it was just a few. most had really good eyesight. and bad sight is partially genetic but alot of the times it's just your own fault for staring at the computer screen so long with out blinking xd

LOL, true, very true. So we've just screwed our own eyes... damn. sad  

Tokioka

[Pink Lady]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:08 pm
ME!! i have glasses. actually i just got them last summer 3nodding everybody in my father's side wears glasses. really EVERYBODY. but nobody in my mother's side wear glasses...except for my grandma.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:09 pm
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5

yes we did screw up our eyes... but on the bright side at least mine are healing mrgreen  

yalie5

Tokioka

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:17 pm
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5

yes we did screw up our eyes... but on the bright side at least mine are healing mrgreen

Damn you and your self-healing eyes. A pox upon thee!!! scream  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:20 pm
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5

hey don't hate me and my self healing eyes.
@demon girl: yeah i think there's like only 4 people in my family that wears glasses all the time. me, my dad, my brother and some one else.  

yalie5

Tokioka

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:24 pm
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5

@demon girl: yeah i think there's like only 4 people in my family that wears glasses all the time. me, my dad, my brother and some one else.

I don't hate you!! 3nodding
In fact it's quite the opposite.... lol, jks.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:29 pm
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5

yeah you're a real comedian stare lol jkz. anyway my eyes are up to the point that i can read my computer screen at arms length with out my glasses but i have to squint a little.  

yalie5

Tokioka

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:34 pm
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5

yeah you're a real comedian stare lol jkz. anyway my eyes are up to the point that i can read my computer screen at arms length with out my glasses but i have to squint a little.

Damn you (again). I can only see my screen clearly like 12 inches away from the screen if my contacts are out. sad  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:52 pm
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5

Damn you (again). I can only see my screen clearly like 12 inches away from the screen if my contacts are out. sad

hmm... i've always thought of getting contacts but then i kept think what if it got stuck? lol anyway i have to squint really hard at arms lenth but even then it's still a little blurry but i can make out the words mrgreen  

yalie5

Tokioka

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:01 pm
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5

hmm... i've always thought of getting contacts but then i kept think what if it got stuck? lol anyway i have to squint really hard at arms lenth but even then it's still a little blurry but i can make out the words mrgreen

The only bad things about contacts is that you can't wear them when you sleep (not the monthly ones anyway), and when you first start wearing them, they can be a right pain to put in or take out. I think that just about wraps up this little discussion, lol 3nodding .  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff