Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Defenders

Back to Guilds

A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply I Wanna Be The Very Best: PD RP Forum
[Dreamfall: The Longest Journey]__Open~!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:16 am
User Image

[ 1.Begin. ~ 2.Story. ~ 3.Plot. ~ 4.Laws. ~ 5.NPCs. ~ 6.Characters. ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:16 am
User Image

Gaia. Properous, peaceful, lovely Gaia. A world full of oddities, wonders, and things usually only reserved for the wildest of dreams. Dragons, robots, foxes, wings; quite a strange place this world of Gaia was, but to its inhabitants, it was an unreplaceable home, and they had proven it time after time again, whether facing off against zombies or aliens. After all, home was where the heart is.

Many myths and legends also surrounded this unique world. Legends of monsters with pumpkin heads, of Gaians well-known for either kind or cruel deeds, of magical items that granted the wearer extrordinary abilities. But no legend was more famous nor more household than that of the Halo.

The Halo was the very first of what the Gaians once called Donation Items. In the early years of the history of the world, the supreme God Lanzer was said to have bestowed upon thirty-two valant, selfless Gaians these golden discs that symbolized Anihq, the kingdom above the clouds in which the Gods and Goddesses lived. It was a great honor to own a Halo, and even to this day, it still is.

Throughout the hundreds upon hundreds of years since they first came into existence, the Halos have switched hands many a-time; sold, bought, traded, stolen, given away, inherited. And as the years slid by, their mystical powers grew. Rumor had it that if one possessed this ultimate status symbol, then they would be blessed with the power of all who resided in Anihq. They would become invincible, fearless, almighty; a God themselves.

And so as the scholars of the past had predicted, as time ticked by, the desire for a Halo grew. It blossomed into an obsession buried deep within each Gaian's psyche at birth and even began to take on dark undertones. Some would never stop, never rest until they owned one of these rare, golden discs and others did not care how many lives it took to clear them a path to one. All that mattered... Was the Halo. And the unimagineable power it brought to its owner.

Even in the present day of Gaia, the deadly obsession over the Halo still exists. But now it's not the only Donation Item to gather such a cult following. Other early Items, such as the Panda and Kodak Bear Hats, the Mini Angelic and Mini Nightmare Wings, and Angelic Sash and the Devil Tail, have had their desires evolve into fixations so strong they often overtook the lives of the ones who wanted them. Regardless, the Halo was still king.

But unbeknownst to the Gaians, disaster was about to strike their metropolises, disguised as crimes they all would simply overlook and dismiss. That is, until Alma_Darra, one of the living legends of Gaia and one of the twenty-seven present-day Halo owners (five Halos as been remorsefully lost over the centuries), went missing, her large home in Durem left ransacked and the population of the world left worried.

Soon, the people of Gaia began to notice other crimes they had once before ignored as unimportant; the disappearences of relatively unknown Gaians, thefts of seemingly meaningless items. Then one by one, the other Halo owners began to turn up missing, as well. For many months, the panic of the Gaian people grew as prominent after prominent (for if you wore a Halo, you were guaranteed prominence within the community) vanished into thin air until only seven remained.

Frightened and enraged by the obvious kidnapping of their peers, the remaining seven Halo owners got together and devised a plan of action. They would split up and each would traverse a different section of the world, looking high and low for any sigh at all as to the whereabouts of their missing comrads. And with modest hope paired with the encouragement of the Gaian people, the seven started on their journeys.

They have never been heard from again.

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:21 am
User Image

It's been four months since contact with the last of the Halo owners was lost and the people of Gaia are incredibly worried. Well, most of them are, anyway. Some really couldn't care less.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:24 am
User Image

1. First and foremost, BE LITERATE. Semi-literate is okay, too. No 1337 or chatspeak or anything retarded like that.

2. Elaborting on the above, typos are okay. We all make mistakes, ja? Just be sure to go back and correct any typos in your post.

3. Cussing and swearing is completely allowed. b***h, a**, damn, s**t, c**t, whore, don't ********' censor it with asterisks. But I ask that you only use slurs (racial, sexual, ect) IC and ONLY in appropriate settings. Failure to do so will result in some a** kickings.

4. Stay active, please. I'd love it if you posted at least once a day, but one every two or three is acceptable right now, too.

5. You can have as many characters as you want so long as you keep them all active.

6. Your avatar IS your character, no if's, and's, or but's about it. If you avatar changes, then so does your character. But be realistic about it. No sudden wardrobe changes in the middle in a cave or something. TekTeks of your avatar give or take a few items are acceptable, too.

7. No making your own cities or items or junk like that. Your name isn't Lanzer. So use the stuff we already have.

8. Do NOT bend rule number six and give yourself Minis, DJs, and a D-Tail. If you actually own these items, WEAR THEM. If you don't, then touch ********' luck. I'll allow an '03 or two if your case is like mine: COULD'VE gotten them, but was too stupid to.

9. The attitude of the RP is as if Gaia was a real world we all lived in. Donation Items, Rare Events, all that still happen as they normally do. And each forum is instead a different place on Gaia-World. Like the GD would probably be a bar on the bad side of town, and the ED would be a university, and the AT would be a department store.

10. No, you are not a Demon-Fox-Angel-Ninja-Wolf-Human who's 468746583 years old and got kicked out of heaven because you were "so incredibly rare". Be. Realistic.

11. No bunnying (controling another's character/s) without asking me AND the person/s involved first. If any of us say no, then tough luck.

12. No powerplaying, godmoding, whatever you want to call it.

13. The rules are subject to change. And without warning. If you're gonna whine about it, then cry me a river, build a bridge, and get the hell over it.

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:26 am
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Alma_Darra
Female.
From Barton Town.
Most famous Halo owner.
MISSING!

~Demon Dayz.~
Female.
From Aekea.
One of the remaining seven Halo Owners.
CONTACT LOST!

SeiyakutheOath
Male.
From Durem.
One of the remaining seven Halo owners.
CONTACT LOST!

Capta!N Br!tches?
Female.
From Isle de Gambino.
CONTACT LOST!

angelick_zelda_63
Female.
From Barton Town.
CONTACT LOST!

(Red-Monster-Hype)
Male.
From Isle de Gambino.
CONTACT LOST!

+Written.On.Your.Grave+
Female.
From Durem.
CONTACT LOST!

PARANiOA -RESPeCT-
Male.
From Barton Town.
CONTACT LOST!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:57 pm
User Image

[color=#46544B][b]Name:[/b][/color] [color=#9BA194](This *WILL* be the same as your username.)[/color]
[color=#46544B][b]Nickname/s:[/b][/color] [color=#9BA194]TEST GOES HERE[/color]
[color=#46544B][b]Gender:[/b][/color] [color=#9BA194]TEST GOES HERE[/color]
[color=#46544B][b]Age:[/b][/color] [color=#9BA194](Must be 16+. Ask me if you want to join anyone younger.)[/color]
[color=#46544B][b]Hometown:[/b][/color] [color=#9BA194]TEXT GOES HERE[/color]
[color=#46544B][b]Status:[/b][/color] [color=#9BA194](Based off YOUR join date. 03 = Olbie. 04 = Veteran. 05 = User. 06 = Newbie.)[/color]

[color=#46544B][b]Personality:[/b][/color] [color=#9BA194](At least four complete sentences.)[/color]
[color=#46544B][b]Past:[/b][/color] [color=#9BA194](At least four complete sentences. And please avoid clichés such as "amnesia, lol!")[/color]

[color=#46544B][b]Appearence:[/b][/color] [color=#9BA194](You can either describe or provide a static picture [aka, no saying "Lookit my aviter!!1"]. If you're using a picture, please make sure it follows the rules.)[/color]

[color=#46544B][b]Attitude Towards the Halo Incidents:[/b][/color] [color=#9BA194]TEXT GOES HERE[/color]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: [Philosophy In A Teacup]
Nickname/s: Tippy, Philo.
Hometown: Isle de Gambino.
Status: Claims to be an Oldbie. If you can ever get her to admit it.

Personality: An oddball, to say the least. One minute she can be eccentric enough to make even Chatterboxers wary, the next she can be more serious than an Exchanger in price haggling. When around strangers, she tends to be quiet and reserved, bordering on outright shy, but around people she trusts, Tippy is a goofy clown. Like many other people, she doesn't tolerate oldbies and veterans who think they're Lanzer's gift to Gaia, but she seems to hate it with an unusual passion.

Past: Tippy doesn't like to elaborate very much on her past. The most you can usually get from her is where and when she was born, sometimes her family, and sometimes about some of the events she's been to. Usually if you try to pry any further, she'll only tell you that the past is the past and that there's no use dwelling on it. According to her stories, though, she had a nice childhood on Isle de Gambino, despite her older brother always picking on her. She didn't seem to get along too well with her father, though.

Appearence:
User Image

Attitude Towards the Halo Incidents: A cross between indifference and concern. Oxymoronic, yes, but it somehow works for her. After all, why should she care about a bunch of prommies? Most of them were arrogant jackasses anyway! But their disappearences don't sit well with her. Her gut tells her that something's amiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Nethilia.
Nicknames: Neth, Nethie, Kitti, Crazy b***h.
Hometown: Barton Town.

Personality: Neth spend a few faint days barhopping round GeeDee before she enrolled in EeeDee, and now peeks out and yells at people, jumping up and down and slicing through newbies that trigger her pet topics between her runs between the guild buildings she's popping in and out of and lurking round in. She has a major dislike of people who play ignorant and who leave no doubt that they are idiots. Don't make her think you're an idiot. Those claws are fused to her hands and the business end hurts.

Past: Neth grew up in Barton town on the not so shiny part. You know those buildings they don't highlight, where the In Da Hood outfits are worn in certain colors in certain areas so as not to get Demonic Pitchforked? That's where she rolled as a newb. She managed to finally pull herself out of that area and make herself somebody more than the next n00b to fall victim to a Grunny attack. Through a mix of cuteness, education, charm, and all out snark, she's managed to make a name for herself. Granted, that name is "b***h." But when you're this good, you can be a b***h. And there is more than a rumor of her soul not being quite all there. Because normally, Demonic Claws and Demon Horns are removable...

Appearence: Dark skin, blue eyes, and blue hair that she mostly wears up in a spiked ponytail. Mostly wears black and/or blue outfits and can't see s**t without her glasses--either these hideous rectagular things or slim Armanis that are prescription. Owning to a little deal she'd rather not talk about, has a pair of tiny black horns she can't hide despite her hairstyle and retractable black Demonic claws.

Attitude Towards the Halo Incidents: Interested about what's going on from a purely academic view. At least, that's what she wants you to think...*evil grin

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Grand Moff Disra

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:11 pm
Name:Grand Moff Disra
Nickname/s: Disra
Hometown: The Motherships Med Tanks

Personality: A over all good knight, but will use any means posible of getting to his goal, that is hoping to come to fame and glory after finding the lost Halos. Is very self absorbed and egotistical. He could get paid to do any thing. Finds power and happiness in killing others, but will not goto the extent of killing just to kill, it is only for the money.
Past: He is not very proud of his past of working for the Empire, but is just as proud now working as a bounty hunter. Lost an eye in a gun fight, is lucky that he lived. His parents are dead, but he did not kill them. He has a very sick sister that he makes money for to cure her.

Appearence: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Attitude Towards the Halo Incidents: Finds it to be the fortune of a life time. Will do nothing to get his hands on one of the great relics.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:27 am
Uh... Disra, I have a few issues with your profile...

Grand Moff Disra
Hometown: The Motherships Med Tanks

I have no idea where that is. And I'm pretty sure I said in the rules not to create your own towns. And I also would've thought that the eight NPCs all being from either Barton, Durem, Isle de Gambino, and Aekea would've been a hint right there that those are your choices for hometowns.

Quote:
Personality: A over all good knight, but will use any means posible of getting to his goal, that is hoping to come to fame and glory after finding the lost Halos. Is very self absorbed and egotistical. He could get paid to do any thing. Finds power and happiness in killing others, but will not goto the extent of killing just to kill, it is only for the money.

This... Seems a bit cliché. No offense. Though I do like how he sees finding the lost Halos as a chance to strike to big. I was hoping someone would join a character with that mindset.

Quote:
Past: He is not very proud of his past of working for the Empire,

Okay, here's my biggest question (and biggest issue) of all of this:

What the ******** is 'the Empire'?

This is Gaia or Stars Wars? I'm pretty sure I said it was Gaia, and I've been here since before Donation Items came out, and I don't ever recall an 'Empire' in Gaia's history. And don't try to tell me it's Gambino, because Gambino's influence has never, ever been refered to as 'an Empire'.

Seriously, what the hell were you thinking?

Quote:
Attitude Towards the Halo Incidents: Finds it to be the fortune of a life time. Will do nothing to get his hands on one of the great relics.

This is more of a minor, grammatical issue. It should be, "Will do anything to get his hands on..." Saying he finds the lost Halos a chance of a lifetime and then elaborating that he won't do a thing to get one doesn't make sense.

Okay, so fix these points up and then we'll talk. :3

Edit: NO WAIT. NEVERMIND. <******** you an IDIOT or something? Your character's a Vet? YOU JOINED IN ******** '06. Did you not grasp the concept of "You own, actual join date dictates the status of your character"?! NOT the join date you WISH you ******** had!

Also, I should be SLAPPED for missing THIS offense!

Rule Number Six: 6. Your avatar IS your character, no if's, and's, or but's about it. If you avatar changes, then so does your character. But be realistic about it. No sudden wardrobe changes in the middle in a cave or something. TekTeks of your avatar give or take a few items are acceptable, too.

The Tektek option at the end DIDN'T mean "MAKE ANY ******** AVATAR YOU WANT!" If you notice, I took advantage of that opportunity and got rid of my Angelic Microphone, because I thought it would clutter my character.

THAT'S what I meant by the Tektek option. So unless you can show me right now that you own most of those items on your character, then

mad

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Nethilia
Captain

Liberal Member

3,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:36 am
Name: Nethilia.
Nicknames: Neth, Nethie, Kitti, Crazy b***h.
Hometown: Barton Town.

Personality: Neth spend a few faint days barhopping round GeeDee before she enrolled in EeeDee, and now peeks out and yells at people, jumping up and down and slicing through newbies that trigger her pet topics between her runs between the guild buildings she's popping in and out of and lurking round in. She has a major dislike of people who play ignorant and who leave no doubt that they are idiots. Don't make her think you're an idiot. Those claws are fused to her hands and the business end hurts.

Past: Neth grew up in Barton town on the not so shiny part. You know those buildings they don't highlight, where the In Da Hood outfits are worn in certain colors in certain areas so as not to get Demonic Pitchforked? That's where she rolled as a newb. She managed to finally pull herself out of that area and make herself somebody more than the next n00b to fall victim to a Grunny attack. Through a mix of cuteness, education, charm, and all out snark, she's managed to make a name for herself. Granted, that name is "b***h." But when you're this good, you can be a b***h. And there is more than a rumor of her soul not being quite all there. Because normally, Demonic Claws and Demon Horns are removable...

Appearence: Dark skin, blue eyes, and blue hair that she mostly wears up in a spiked ponytail. Mostly wears black and/or blue outfits and can't see s**t without her glasses--either these hideous rectagular things or slim Armanis that are prescription. Owning to a little deal she'd rather not talk about, has a pair of tiny black horns she can't hide despite her hairstyle and retractable black Demonic claws.

Attitude Towards the Halo Incidents: Interested about what's going on from a purely academic view. At least, that's what she wants you to think...*evil grin  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:29 pm
Nethilia
-Snip-

Someone who read the rules! T ^T <3

Accepted, Neth. Feel free to join the Barton Town version, too, if you want. It's more livelier with six people (including me) so far. :3

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
I Wanna Be The Very Best: PD RP Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers