Manga/Anime Differences Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rosalyrica

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:30 pm
If you've seen both the manga and anime for Full Moon wo Sagashite (or Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne), you'll know that there are some major differences between the two. I'd like to discuss those differences and everyone's opinion on them.

I'll throw one out for starters: The ending in Full Moon the anime was different from Full Moon the manga. I read the manga first so a different ending in the anime held my interest better than the same ending. Did you like or dislike the different endings?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:52 pm
in kamikaze kaitou jeanne it focuses on different (stupider in my opinion) plots to seal the demon and well when they take it out of the book its always different. But the anime doesn't compare to the manga which is way better  

Caprika

LHL

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:59 pm
There is alot of differences in the anime and manga of Full Moon wo Sagashite. Like that whole thing with Wakaoji in the anime. That was more fun then the manga. And Izumi's soul stealing weapon was different too. I noticed alot of little things, but I think they made them both good. And I gotta say, I do love that endin of the anime.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:03 pm
LHL
And Izumi's soul stealing weapon was different too.

I know! I didn't like that. I think his giant sythe was much cooler. The bow just doesn't have the same scary effect.  

Rosalyrica

Dapper Dabbler

DemonHunterNaomi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:34 pm
It was interesting for me, bacause I actually saw the animes of both KKJ and Full Moon before I read the mangas. I still *adore* the Full Moon anime, especially the ending, which made me cry (and I basically never cry in anything... I watched the last episode twice in two days and cried almost the whole episode both times... I'm sad like that. xp ). I liked the Full Moon anime better than the KKJ one... both were good, but at the same time, different from the mangas. I actually think the KKJ one strayed from the manga plot-line itself a lot more the Full Moon one, so maybe that's why I liked the Full Moon one better. I dunno.

Other random stuff: In the Full Moon anime, they added some extra stuff that wasn't in the manga, like the Shinigami Handbook and how a half-Shinigami can dissapear if they remember any of their past life. Any opinions on those? What did you think of adding them into the story? I kind of liked the thing with Takuto, how he had to disapear and stuff (mainly why I cried... and then I cried when Izumi snapped his fingers for Mitsuki [12] to go back to Mitsuki [16] on stage after Takuto and Meroko dissapeared.. and then I cried when Mitsuki followed the little Meroko figure all the way to Takuto.. and then I cried when she found Takuto... yes, like I said, I'm a little sad... sweatdrop ). I think it added that little something to the anime, since the manga was still running and they needed some element to help wrap up the story. I actually remember seeing the end of Full Moon and thinking, 'wow, I love Arina, but how can she top that?' (I think she ended up doing a fine job of creating a wonderful ending of her own all the same).

Anyways... any thoughts?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:50 am
Hmm... I don't mind different endings but I feel that the Full Moon ending was a tad... unfinished. xd I really wanted to know what would happen after Mitsuki had called Takuto's name. Anyway, I dislike things in the anime, such as:

In the Full Moon anime, I absolutely hated the Flower of Forgetfulness (... I think that's the name--I forgot what it was called sweatdrop ). It seemed like a one-way ticket that the directors and script writers used to try and end the series. sad

Um... I dislike the fact that they treated Izumi as an enemy when he was never one in the first place and that they never featured the past of any of the shinigamis but Takuto's. They also never introduced Nachi--which gave Madoka a relationship of some form and the true reason to why she had plastic surgery.

Also, supporting characters in the story seemed to be just there to describe Mitsuki's life instead of having their own personal roles as well. For example, Mitsuki's grandmother is supposed to have some relationship with Meroko but again, they never featured the past of the shinigami.

Also... I like but in a way, dislike the fact that they made Mitsuki go to school. Her friends there kinda irked me since they weren't really supposed to be there and those friends just filled in for filler episodes of Full Moon. But I liked how they portrayed Mitsuki/Full Moon's influence onto them all and how in the end, they stuck by her.

The last but not least thing that I disliked was the fact that Mitsuki's ability to see shinigami was because she was in near death. This saddened me because the real reason towards why Mitsuki could see shinigami because she had a spirit always hanging around her--and that was Eichi, so in a way, his role in the story is the reason for all of this but in the anime, they just put him as Mitsuki's past love.

BUT! When there's bad, there's also good. Here're the things I loved about the anime (changes or not):

I LOVE the way they were able to produce the music for Full Moon--it's one of the number one attractions but then again, myco's (voice actress of Full Moon and singer of Changin' My Life--or was that her album?) voice is rather different for most singers. Nevertheless, these songs reflected Mitsuki greatly and the lyrics match her feelings as well. The voice actor for Takuto, Saitou Yasuo, put his voice really well in Eternal Snow--for the Route L version heart

Another plus for the anime is that even though they changed some things, they managed to keep the viewer's feelings intact with it. For example, Eichi's death was different in the anime from the manga but it still made a lot of viewers cry and feel Mitsuki's pain and that, I loved. It's always best to be able to reach out and feel the saddness of any anime.

The color and animation was really good. I liked how the colors gave off a happy aura no matter what. For example, Mitsuki's uniform. They also managed to capture Tanemura Arina's style perfectly. For example, check Mitsuki's hair.

I also liked how they portrayed Mitsuki's life during her music career even if they focused on her more than anything else.

Um... some of the fillers were pretty funny too. Like the time Tanaka-san and Ooshige-san battled it out to score points for Wakaouji. That made me laugh xd

All in all, Full Moon wo Sagashite is a plus in my book.  

Leri
Vice Captain

Froggy Furnishings

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:13 am
I heard the anime ended when Arina Tanemura just finished the third volume of her series. So maybe that's why there were so many differences.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:11 am
Aisu-Kitsune
LHL
And Izumi's soul stealing weapon was different too.

I know! I didn't like that. I think his giant sythe was much cooler. The bow just doesn't have the same scary effect.
I know. It was so weird. I mean in the manga they explain that it has to shock someone, but the guy didn't seem all that shocked. I much rather prefer his sythe.  

LHL

Leri
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:48 am
Skymeri
I heard the anime ended when Arina Tanemura just finished the third volume of her series. So maybe that's why there were so many differences.

Yeah xd That's exactly why.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:45 pm
DemonHunterNaomi
Other random stuff: In the Full Moon anime, they added some extra stuff that wasn't in the manga, like the Shinigami Handbook and how a half-Shinigami can dissapear if they remember any of their past life.

Actually in the manga Takuto was going to turn into a ghost because he remembered his past (but then Mystia and Sheldon gave their energy and he got a second chance as a human + his voice). I liked the handbook, how the names appeared and everything. 3nodding

I also liked the fact that Meroko had more of a role in the anime. In the manga she was always sad/angry and everything was always about Mitsuki and Takuto (except for the part about her past life as Moe). In the anime she was more happy and energetic. I was happy that she turned into an angel at the end. That gave her more of a purpose in the story. But I'm wondering..did Meroko's feather make Takuto remember? That's what I assumed but I'm not sure. confused  

Rosalyrica

Dapper Dabbler

Mikanne

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:01 pm
This was probably mentioned already but...in the manga, the past/previous lives of the shinigami are explained more, right? Like how they died and such...(correct me if I'm wrong on that fact-->< my parent's won't let me download more stuff to my comp...oi *only has the 1st vol. scans*)  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:24 am
-Mikanne-
This was probably mentioned already but...in the manga, the past/previous lives of the shinigami are explained more, right? Like how they died and such...(correct me if I'm wrong on that fact-->< my parent's won't let me download more stuff to my comp...oi *only has the 1st vol. scans*)

Yep. In the anime they left that out (except for Takuto). *shakes fist at creators of the anime for making Izumi-kun evil*  

Rosalyrica

Dapper Dabbler

Leri
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:16 pm
Full Moon wo Sagashite anime copied KKJ anime gonk They took Access' hair-cutting-to-give-power thing to Meroko so that Takuto can live longer.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:35 pm
Aisu-Kitsune
DemonHunterNaomi
Other random stuff: In the Full Moon anime, they added some extra stuff that wasn't in the manga, like the Shinigami Handbook and how a half-Shinigami can dissapear if they remember any of their past life.

Actually in the manga Takuto was going to turn into a ghost because he remembered his past (but then Mystia and Sheldon gave their energy and he got a second chance as a human + his voice). I liked the handbook, how the names appeared and everything. 3nodding

I also liked the fact that Meroko had more of a role in the anime. In the manga she was always sad/angry and everything was always about Mitsuki and Takuto (except for the part about her past life as Moe). In the anime she was more happy and energetic. I was happy that she turned into an angel at the end. That gave her more of a purpose in the story. But I'm wondering..did Meroko's feather make Takuto remember? That's what I assumed but I'm not sure. confused

Ack, never mind. I haven't read the manga in quite a while, my bad. sweatdrop  

DemonHunterNaomi

Leri
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:32 pm
Mm... I didn't like the KKJ ending. It seemed too unfinished neutral  
OFFICIAL TANEMURA ARINA GUILD

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers