Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Rain

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

eh.. predictable?
  Oo... No!
  Just like everything else..
  eh... gold
View Results

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:39 pm
She sat there in the rain, in the corner, by herself- on the verge of tears. He was the only one who came to comfort her.
"Are you okay?"
She nodded, giving an innocent smile and a sigh of relief. She hated being here! It was so degrading. She didn't even know why she always dragged herself half way across town to come slumming with her friends, making empty promises to those she'd dissappointed.
"I'm fine! Really!Just tired!"
His face was worried, and he sat there for a bit, beside her in the muddy corner. No one else would have done the same...not for HER anyway.

At least a dozen people had come up to her other half, asking if she was okay. Her other half was called Helena. She was beautiful, but Ellie didn't see it. She glanced over at Helena, surrounded by people. Ellie didn't get it- what was wrong with herself?

She didn't understand why people would like someone fake. How would you explain it? Like mudcake- on the outside its beautiful, and it tastes incredible- like heaven! But underneath it all it has dangerous, heart-attack giving calories. Helena. Like flies they come; swarming, consuming their own unapparent death.

Ellie wasn't like Helena. She wasn't beautiful like everyone around her- she was the ugly duckling, however even the ugly duckling had the blessing of beauty eventually. Ellie had no chance. She was different from everyone else- she was a different race. The type of race where you are either stunning, like her sister, or you're not noticed at all. That's why Ellie liked attention so much! She didn't get enough of it!

Helena liked attention to! And usually she'd hide Ellie, hog the spotlight and mesmerise all that lay eyes upon her.

"Are you sure you're okay, Ellie?" He asked her, snapping her out of her melancholy mood.
She shook her head, "No, I'm not," She sighed, looking into his deep blue eyes, "Why do you love her?" Ellie's question shocked him slightly and he was taken aback. But slowly a gentle smile spread across his face, and he chuckled to himself. His eyes turned towards the rain that met the muddy pavement and his 'thinking face' appeared. He was so beautiful! His voice played a tune on her heart, and his eyes read the pages of her mind. He was the only one she'd ever known who could see right through everything she was; but instead of it feeling like a prision it felt like flight!

The furrows in his brow deepened as he tried to conjure an answer that wouldn't get him into trouble. Ellie lowered her face to meet his eyes, her large pupils peering into his.

He smiled as a warm shiver went up his body, and instead of feeling the icicle rain drops agaisnt his skin, he felt her eyes inside of him. Her eyes waited for his answer.
"I don't love her!" He spoke. Ellie withdrew her eyes from his sight, shocked at his answer and angry at his betrayal. She turned away from him, furious with his deceit- did he really think she'd be that stupid?
"What?" He asked alaramed and confused at the same time, as Ellie rose from the mud beside him with her hair in long, wet dreads. Angry at his lies, she sloshed through the mud and rain, almost running from him. He called after her trying to keep sight of her in the downpour.

"Ellie! What? What do you want from me?" He squinted, and he thought he saw her stop and turn around. Ellie paused as what seemed like a tear rolled down her cheek.
"I don't want you to like to me, Charlie!"
"But I'm not lying to you! I feel nothing for Helena...." she couldn't see him but she heard his feet pounding the water beneath him, and as he came into sight Ellie started to break down. Charlie held her in the rain, her hands held tightly at his chest and his arms around everything she was. He felt her hot tears running down his neck.
"Ellie! Why would you think something so stupid?" He whispered gently in her ear, "Why would i liked Helena when there is you? Beautiful, crazy, wonderful, amazing Ellie!" He kissed her on the cheek.
"From the moment i met you Ellie, from the moment i met you.....you had me at hello!" He laughed at how stupid Ellie had been, the one and only person he had ever really loved! Ellie's heart went faster ad slower at the same time. She didn't know what to say, and as Charlie waited for her answer she could have sworn her feet lifted from the ground! And in the boldest movement she had ever done, she spoke the words she had always felt.
"I love you, Charlie." She whispered.

The rain poured down harder, drenching them from head to toe. But in the middle of the street where no one was around their lips touched in the most beautiful moment ever written. Their mouths met in perfect alaignment; Her hands ran up the back of his neck and through his hair, his hand running up gently along her spine. They stood there in the rain together.....in love.
As they tore themselve away from each other what seemed like 10 million heavenly hours was viciously torn away from Ellie, and suddenly a large truck came rearing down the street.

"BEEEEEP BEEEEEEP!"

Ellie woke with a start, sweat pouring from her face, her breathe hot and heavy for the morning.
She glanced around the room to see what had happened....no white walls, no flowers, no nurses running scantily around the place.....then she came to the realisation.....

It had all been a dream.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:49 pm
I wrote a simliar poem where in the end it was just a dream sequence. I noticed some grammar problems though, so check on those. Like you used the words like instead of lying.

"I don't want you to like to me, Charlie!"

"Why would i liked Helena when there

and I think that's it...  

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:18 pm
okay, chica, punctuation and spelling. But that's pretty much it.

hehe, the cliched it was all a dream, approach. Haven't seen one of those in a while.

Cuuuuuute.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:20 am
Ya.. I havent been writing much lately. These are just old things.. I need to learn to make sure I post edited things.. I will go back sometime and fix this.. or find my edited version..

Thanks very much guys.. I know it sucks

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

Ichigo_Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:16 am
I heart it, it was cute. Just spruce up the grammer and it will be fine biggrin  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games