Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Emo Music..? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Scriibblless

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:36 am
What is really "emo" music...? confused

i kno its emotionial music..but some bands labeled as emo..dont sound emo...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:35 pm
emotive not emotional  

drkmtn

xdownwithxtheshipx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:04 am
Emotive Hardcore, not Emotive.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:12 am
Emotive Hard-x-core not emotive hardcore (haha, I just wanted to join in)  

Rellik San
Captain

Morphine-Season

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:18 am
Emotive Hardcore, it's a sub-genre of Punk Rock.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:52 am
Morphine-Season

Erm... yes, because Killswitch Engage, Atreyu, Hearts will Bleed, The Back Horn, Life of Agony and Hatebreed, have so much in common with the likes of the Ramones, Pennywise, Less then Jake and Rancid, they sound just like an off shoot.

Its a sub-genre of heavy metal, all the stuff that claims to be emo and is punk twinged, is actually pop music, not emo.  

Rellik San
Captain

Morphine-Season

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:49 pm
Rellik San
Morphine-Season

Erm... yes, because Killswitch Engage, Atreyu, Hearts will Bleed, The Back Horn, Life of Agony and Hatebreed, have so much in common with the likes of the Ramones, Pennywise, Less then Jake and Rancid, they sound just like an off shoot.

Its a sub-genre of heavy metal, all the stuff that claims to be emo and is punk twinged, is actually pop music, not emo.

...and this is what? Your self theory on what Emotive Hardcore is? Wow.

Actually it came from Punk, and if you go research that, you'll find it to be true.

From wikipedia.org - "Emo is a subgenre of hardcore punk music."

EDIT: Also...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And, Atreyu is Metalcore btw. Less Than Jake is Sk8 (but I'm not entirely sure on this).  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:25 pm
Morphine-Season
Rellik San
Morphine-Season

Actually it came from Punk, and if you go research that, you'll find it to be true.

And, Atreyu is Metalcore btw. Less Than Jake is Sk8 (but I'm not entirely sure on this).

No this is the logical stand point of what emotive hardcore is, Metalcore, is a non existant genre, used to pass aorund bands no one likes, and Less then Jake is not skate, hell skate, isn't even a music genre, its a fashion scene and a hobby. They just happened to listen to punk or metal. Son't beleive what you read, what possible relation to HB and FFaF have to punk?  

Rellik San
Captain

m0ky

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:29 pm
Rellik San
Morphine-Season
Rellik San
Morphine-Season

No this is the logical stand point of what emotive hardcore is, Metalcore, is a non existant genre, used to pass aorund bands no one likes, and Less then Jake is not skate, hell skate, isn't even a music genre, its a fashion scene and a hobby. They just happened to listen to punk or metal. Son't beleive what you read, what possible relation to HB and FFaF have to punk?

u seem to knwo everythign and and seem to have a ansure for everythign i got one for ya "what is the meaning of life"  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:48 pm
Since when does emo and hardcore comes from metal.
Hardcore comes from the punk and emo form hardcore. So technically emo comes from punk.  

drkmtn

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:43 pm
m0ky
Rellik San
Morphine-Season
Rellik San
Morphine-Season

u seem to knwo everythign and and seem to have a ansure for everythign i got one for ya "what is the meaning of life"

We exsist to avoid non exsistance, so that we might experiance all the world has to offer us so we can attain perfection and enter Nirvana. - Buddhist

So we can tell god of our experiances, this is our judgement - Every other religeon. smile

And will people start to get what I am saying... listen to actual hardcore bands... then tell me that they sound even remotely punky.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:48 pm
m0ky
Rellik San
Morphine-Season
Rellik San
Morphine-Season

Obviously the answer is 42!

Also, Rellik San, Metalcore is very much an existing genre, and so is Skate (Or Sk8, I've seen both used so I don't know which is the "correct" usage). Please stop dismissing things and claiming your word to be true simply because you think it.

If you go look, you'll see that what I am saying is true. Or if you'd like, I could go get more proof.

Also, I hope I'm not coming off as rude or anything. This this just a simple disagreement of sorts.  

Morphine-Season

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:50 pm
Morphine-Season
m0ky
Rellik San
Morphine-Season
Rellik San
Morphine-Season

Me and my mother were just talking about that haha

So whats your two cents, is Hardcore more akin to punk, or more akin to metal?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:55 pm
Rellik San
Morphine-Season
m0ky
Rellik San
Morphine-Season

Me and my mother were just talking about that haha

So whats your two cents, is Hardcore more akin to punk, or more akin to metal?

Gah! You replied right after I edited my post above! ninja  

Morphine-Season

xdownwithxtheshipx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:18 pm
Rellik San
Morphine-Season

The ******** are you talking about? Hardcore has and always will be a s style of Punk and not Metal. Emo has always been a style of Hardcore Punk and has nothing to do with Metal, where do you get your information?  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games