Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Doodle Association Game

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:17 pm
I just saw this and thought it might be fun xd Here's the link: http://www.bearskinrug.co.uk/_articles/2005/09/16/doodle/

The rules:
Quote:
Person A draws something. Anything. A shape, a bridge, an amorphous blob; whatever strikes A's fancy. Person B then draws something of their own, influenced by the previous drawing. Sometimes it may be the shape; sometimes it might be the subject matter. Sometimes it might just be one little piece that looks like it could be a piece from something else. Then... it's Person A's turn again.

Thought it might be fun to do with the guild, and might bring out some interesting ideas! Associations with images is basically what logo design is built upon, so scribbling things like this can be a fun way to sort of practice that and see who associates what with what.

So here's the process for the guild version:

1. Someone starts us off with a quick doodle
2. The first person to see it does their doodle based on it and posts it back in the thread
3. Next person does the same thing... and so on!

Rules:
1. Obviously don't do two doodles directly after each other sweatdrop
2. Don't worry about injecting intense artistic skill - the aim is to just get your thoughts down quickly smile
3. No crazy big pics please!
4. Paper, Photoshop, oekaki, MS Paint... whatever your medium is fine, just try to keep it simple
5. If you're going to post in this thread try participate with a doodle as well!

So... lets see how this goes!

First doodle!
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:17 pm
Alrighty then! I think the picture's too small, but I did it on Macromedia Flash, and I don't know how to make it bigger to look prettier. It'll look blurry, so oh well!
I thought of BIG FOOT!
User Image  

miigiro

3,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers