Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
So what exactly are "emo" kids/bands? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shokai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:02 pm
Hello! As I see no introduction thread around here (hmm or maybe I didnt look close enough) I just wanted to say Hi...im new and thanks for accepting me into the guild ^_^

Anyway, I hear all this stuff about "emo" or "scene" kids a lot especially with my friends who can do nothing but critisizing (sp?) them so seeing that I do not know much I would abstain from saying anything and ask people to know.

Ehh...yeah I do not know much but only the stereotypes which I disregard.

Anyway.. here are my questions..

What exactly is an "emo" kid and "emo" band...because my friend is always saying about the bands and on MTV "Oh hes emo!" and these kids who live down the street calling them losers.

Would these "emo" kids be necessarily "fake"? If so what makes them fake? (the hair..style?) and what would make them "fake"?

Are these bands any good? If so which ones do you listen to?

Sorry if I sound ignorant but I just wanted to find out for myself rather than listening to hearsay and slander. (Oh and also what my friend says is that I shouldnt talk to "emo" kids because they will just b***h at me >_<" but I treat that as hearsay)

One thing though I do however like the style though...if such "emo" style does exist but seeing that some maybe fake or just label others as posers I am rather afraid to express it.

Oh and also..I hear that "emo" kids are emotional...but I guess that doesnt really fit stereotype as anyone regardless of their style is emotional.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:51 pm
THE MUSIC OWNITHS..  

m0ky

Shokai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:47 pm
m0ky
THE MUSIC OWNITHS..
Ok..but what about the hair...who started it well lets not get that deep. How does the hair associate with the music or being emo? Is it because the bands have the hairstyle?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:51 pm
Well first off I have never seen an "emo" band on MTV, the closest thing is My Chemical Romance. So don't listen to them. If you have cable then try to find FUSE, you have a better chance finding what an "emo" band looks like. But they much much look like regular rock/punk bands. Just their music is more...more...umm...depressing.

I think there is no such thing as a fake emo or any sterotype. It depends on the person. Like me I am a mix of emo/punk but I don't follow the stereotypes that much. Like for "emo" they are depressed and cut themselves, which is not true. I mean there are people out there like that.

I don't really listen to "emo" music but the band called "And Then I Turned Seven", you can find them on myspace.

Mainly it just depend son the person. See I would be really nice, I hate being mean to people.

Just try to talk to one.

Hope I helped you.  

XxAlexanderxValentinexX

XxAlexanderxValentinexX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:51 pm
Shokai
m0ky
THE MUSIC OWNITHS..
Ok..but what about the hair...who started it well lets not get that deep. How does the hair associate with the music or being emo? Is it because the bands have the hairstyle?

It is just a hair style which I love... thank god of "emo"style hair. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:59 pm
xinnocentxemox
Well first off I have never seen an "emo" band on MTV, the closest thing is My Chemical Romance. So don't listen to them. If you have cable then try to find FUSE, you have a better chance finding what an "emo" band looks like. But they much much look like regular rock/punk bands. Just their music is more...more...umm...depressing.

I think there is no such thing as a fake emo or any sterotype. It depends on the person. Like me I am a mix of emo/punk but I don't follow the stereotypes that much. Like for "emo" they are depressed and cut themselves, which is not true. I mean there are people out there like that.

I don't really listen to "emo" music but the band called "And Then I Turned Seven", you can find them on myspace.

Mainly it just depend son the person. See I would be really nice, I hate being mean to people.

Just try to talk to one.

Hope I helped you.

what they said ^ lol and fuse is awsome!! so yeah  

Drop-Dead-Dinosaur

Shokai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:23 pm
Thanks for your replies ^_^ my friend did encourage me to do what I did want to do but I am somewhat afraid of just being called a "poser" oh well but I guess ******** what the people say. But yeah anyway thanks for telling me.

Oh but hot topic is waaaay too expensive for me sweatdrop (heh yeah my friend just said go or make with my own clothes) but am not sure if that is even the right store...  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:30 pm
Shokai
Thanks for your replies ^_^ my friend did encourage me to do what I did want to do but I am somewhat afraid of just being called a "poser" oh well but I guess ******** what the people say. But yeah anyway thanks for telling me.

Oh but hot topic is waaaay too expensive for me sweatdrop (heh yeah my friend just said go or make with my own clothes) but am not sure if that is even the right store...

but hot topic is awsome!!!!!  

Drop-Dead-Dinosaur

drkmtn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:32 pm
xinnocentxemox

Just try to talk to one.

Hope I helped you.

FUSE playing emo bands?

haha that's funny  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:27 pm
That post is so long and I'm so lazy.
Some of your sentences don't quite make sense, but I'll forgive you because I do it all the time.

Are emo bands any good?
That depends on whther you're talking about what is nowdays commonly accepted as emo, or the original musical movement.
And but the sounds of your post, you're not sure what you're talking about.

And of course I mean that in the nicest way possible. As always.

Having posted this, I realised I have no idea what is commonly accepted as emo nowdays.
Last time I heard it mentioned was when in the car a radio annoucer said Panic! was the latest in U.S. emo and I verbally abused the inanimate stereo.

Gambino Statue

`Invader Trax

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:48 pm
hardcore,screamo...you know like a generic version of goth  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:50 pm
FUSE does play emo bands! P!ATD was on SURS  

`Invader Trax

xdownwithxtheshipx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:34 am
Panic1Brendon
hardcore,screamo...you know like a generic version of goth

Panic1Brendon
FUSE does play emo bands! P!ATD was on SURS

What the ********? I'll spare you a verbal beating because you're only 13.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:49 am
Um. Please let me get this straight.
Panic! At The Disco aren't an emo genre of music.
Neither is Fall Out Boy.
or My Chemical Romance.
The right term I belive would be Pop-Punk.

I don't think there really is such a music genre nowadays. It's more of an attitude or fashion style.

But If you really want to listen to emotive hardcore, there are some bands from the 80's and early 90's you can listen to
smile  

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

ponyolovesyou

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:30 pm
xinnocentxemox

Just try to talk to one.

Hope I helped you.

why does everyone say that Emo people cut themselves?!?!?! they don't.... seriously.... "emo" people are just.... they're the indescribable people who don't fit into any other category  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games