Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Wi-Fi Connection
MKDS Tourny! The tourney has started! ----------- Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Itakio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:03 pm
Alright folks, you've probably been waiting, and this subforum looks pretty dead so I have decided to host a somewhat unorganized tourny hosted by yours truly. I am willing to give 3000 to the first place winner, 2000 to the 2nd place runner up and 1000 to the third place racer. This is out of my own Gaian pocket because the sign up is absolutely free. The culties have given me plenty of respect and I am here now to award them for it. Because this is a not-so-much organised tourny, instead of filling out a form, I want you to simply post saying that you want me to reserve your place. This brings me to my next point, which is that this will be a 16 man tournament. An IM cumminication would be good but is not required. Bad sportsmanship is frowned upon, and since I myself have had problems disconnecting, I will say that if you disconnect 3 times, you are disqualified, and reporting that to me will cause me to ask the other about the situation. What is in your mind now is snaking I bet. The poll is there for a reason, and that is to decide for I do not know how many snakers we have in the guild.

Now on snaking - Ok peepz, here's how it goes. Since not enough people can snake (no offense), I am limiting you all to one powerslide per corner, that being at least about more than 70 degrees (no "multiple powerslides" on the area by the finish on Cheep Cheep Beach, bish. xD) and only on per curve (it is obvious that Fig 8 has more than 70 degrees in it's turns).

Contestants -
1 Rubber Bandit
2 Meta_Fish
3 Masamune 5.0
4 Gonbe
5 Ta-kun the angel
6 [-Stefan-]
7 Nintendo_fanatic
8 astrophe
9 Waynebrizzle
10 What The Pho
11 SolarShadow
12 Ziggy161
13 Draken [The.Spork.Ninja.]
14 Kiba_Inu
15 Darkdestroyer
16 Tatsuman

The brackets numbers are:
9, 5, 3, 2,

11, 14, 4, 13,

8, 16, 1, 12,

10, 6, 15, 7

Changed up a bit.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:48 am
I'll join. Damn, I've been wanting to have a tourney since the game came out, but I'm so God damned lazy! On a side note: I can snake, but I'm against snaking.  

G a m e O v e r

Shin Oni

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:01 pm
I can semi snake...but then again, I really haven't played MKDS since I saw snakers in just about every online match I bothered doing earlier this year...and let alone I lost the game (I didn't really care anyway. it got no play and online mode could've been much better.)

if I did have it, i'd join but i'm really lacking. i'm against snaking since it kills whatever fun that even made Mario kart great to play. I get online with one of the many games that was a "dream" online back then only to see people snaking for w/l ratio? pass.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:46 pm
Personally, I think snaking is what makes the game fun. It's no fun to lose all the time so learning to snake and see how you compare to pros is the best part of the game in my opinion.  

Itakio

Masamune 5.0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:17 pm
I'm in. But I can't snake in the least.

ALSO: When would this take place?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:28 pm
Masamune 5.0
I'm in. But I can't snake in the least.

ALSO: When would this take place?
When we have 16 mans. wink  

Itakio

Icy katie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:35 pm
I wonder how long it'll take to get 16 people.........  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:43 pm
At this rate, not long at all, I think.  

Itakio

[-Stefan-]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:11 pm
I'm in... Maybe.

Depends on the day. I can't play WiFi when I'm at my dad's...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:11 pm
-I'm so in. Sign me up. And, I don't believe in snaking.  

NinShmux

Gonbe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:14 pm
I have so much fun playing with Rubber Bandit. Snake warz.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:22 pm
MSN Messenger makes it 3x more fun. whee

Stefan - We won't be forced all to play on one day. we'll probably just have a week or whatever to play and see the results, rinse and repeat for the next bracket.  

Itakio

Itakio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:30 pm
Ok, updated. Sound fair?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:34 pm
s**t I just made a post in main part of the guild.

No snaking?

screw that I'm out, honor rules blow.

I dont see why I should be held back from using a skill I have aquired through playing just because others cant do it, thats the reasoning of me not joining. Just an FYI. I think the rule is crap but eh not my tourney.  

felix385

Itakio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:38 pm
It's ok.

You see, I think more people will be pissed if I allow snaking. xD
Sorry.
I also love snaking but I think it is best to please the most of the cult. I'm a snaker and I'm eneterd. =B You should too, there's nothing to lose but time, as I said earlier.  
Wi-Fi Connection

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff