Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
An intresting tidbit.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll?
  Poll.
View Results

Nergalitos

Celebrating Reveler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:15 am
Well, I heard something that intresting me greatly. I was in my World History class, and we were learning about Anceint (>>; Ignore that spelling) Africa, and learned about a small colony that worshipped Christianity.

In about 3,000 B.C.

Now, they belived in Christ, and all that.. said the History class. A couple people were upset in the class, called it a lie. But, I was curious...

Shouldn't Christianity have began around 0 A.D -ish?

(Note, I have a horrible memory of this, so I probably got the dates wrong by a good... thousand years. Give or take. I had only had about two hours of sleep the past night.)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:10 pm
Christianity didn't exist in 3000 B.C.... confused

What was the name of the colony?  

Lethkhar

Nergalitos

Celebrating Reveler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:21 pm
Well, I belive it was Ethiopia. I'm not sure, I can't really remember all that well.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:32 pm
You may have confused christianity with the concept of monotheism...? because how can there be christians... if there hasn't been a jesus christ first?  

AnonymouZ

Nergalitos

Celebrating Reveler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:24 pm
I don't know. The book -and the teacher- said that they had the Christian religion. Maybe the book was wrong?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:45 pm
saying that there were christian worshipers 3 thousand years before the "mystical" figure of jesus christ ever "existed" is implying that the religion is approx 5 thousand years old... and that sounds crazy...  

AnonymouZ

insanemetalpanda

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:15 pm
Are you sure it wasn't Judism? (fyi, I can't spell religious names.) The Jews don't believe in Christ, but I don't think I ever heard of this Christian colony when I was taking those classes.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:47 pm
i haven't taken the class.. but it does make sense if it was the jews... i mean, what year are they right now? 5777something?  

AnonymouZ

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:51 pm
insanemetalpanda
Are you sure it wasn't Judism? (fyi, I can't spell religious names.) The Jews don't believe in Christ, but I don't think I ever heard of this Christian colony when I was taking those classes.

Yeah, they must've meant Judaism.

And actually, the Jews believe in Christ. They just don't believe he was the son of God nor the Messiah.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:16 pm
Christianity actually DOES date this far back. Even when there was no being around, people supposedly had visions of some kind.

Yami_Ichi

Nergalitos

Celebrating Reveler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:37 pm
Oh.. wow.. forgot to check this. But, yes. It was christianity. I don't think they worshipped Jesus, but they might have not liked something. I don't quite remember, but that's a history book for you =/  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:19 pm
Yami_Ichi
Christianity actually DOES date this far back. Even when there was no being around, people supposedly had visions of some kind.

Quite true, according to the bible, profits predicted the end of the world(The Book of Revaltions), so you never know they could have 'invsioned' an early concept of it. Sounds kinda rediculous though in the grand scheme of things.  

I wupped Chuck Norris

The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff