Reply Night Sky [Sukisyo Discussion]
Yoru and Ran-- separate beings? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amaya_Moonstone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:16 pm
I don't care what anyone says, i think that yoru and ran are separate beings from sora and sunao, despite some people insisting they are just some mental disorder. sure, i guess in hindsight they probably are, but who cares? i honestly think that they are separate beings, but thats just me. so what are everyone else's opinions? oh, and just one more question... am i the only one who has watched the Sukisho anime from an analytical standpoint? as in pause it and analyze their facial expressions or gestures and then wind up marveling at how strong Sunao is at some points with the reactions he has despite what he's gone through, and such. its actually quite fun and some things are infinitely more adorable or more depressing or just more meaningful that way.
~Rin  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:17 pm
I am a firm believer that they are seperate personalities not seperate beings. Split personalities are formed as a result of tramatic conditions one might suffer through as a child. Considering what happened to Sora and Sunao when they were younger, the fact that they developed multiple personalities is completly understandable.

Here's the Wikipedia article I found on Multiple Personality Disorder, also known as Dissociative Identity Disorder.

I have watched Sukisyo from an analytical standpoint. I payed very close attention to the shifts in their voices. I also did the whole: "How would I react in this situation? How would so-and-so that I know react in such a situation?" etc. I also tracked the development and discovery of feelings from the beginning to the end of the series. I'll probably end up rewatching it over break, so I'll have more to say soon.

[Arashi Kitsune]
Vice Captain

Rath Illucer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:58 pm
I agree with Arashi, and I actualy remember a psych project on DID - I paid rather close attention as I find it rather interesting, but anyways, I..... need to see more to be able to post a more detailed analysis in here.

But I will say that as my knowledge (limited though it might be at this point in time) stands, I do beleive them to be seerate personalities. Still Sora, and Nao but... their more... repressed aspects. And i'll probably not have a choice but to finish seeing it over break, so i'll likely have alot more to say as well by then -_- ah well >< Not like I didn't want to end up seeing it fully anyways ^.^;  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:33 pm
Yoru and Ran are seperate personalities from sora and Sunao from their traumatic experiences. Which is proven when shown falshbacks of their childhood. Though seperate personalities act like different beings cause they refuse to beleive they are attached to the main personality. And sometimes will try and get rid of the main personality by killing the body. So they are seperate beings but it is because they are seperate personalities.

Psych major ^.^

KodaijinYurei
Vice Captain

Rath Illucer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:18 pm
ah ^ ^ Good - was waiting, and wondering when our psychologist would come into this conversation ^^;  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:46 am
xp i was hoping to not get such a cold view on this. i mean, we need to think outSIDE of the box for once. it kinda saddens me that you all think this way, i mea really, its an anime so in all technicality they COULD be separate beings. you cant look at everything as it would be should it actually exist. *sigh* man, that was depressing i wish i had just forgotten i posted this emo (im such a loser XD)
~Rin  

Amaya_Moonstone

[Arashi Kitsune]
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:15 pm
Ack. We don't mean to be cold. x.x Most of us have just taken psychology courses, so we believe in the whole "split personalities" thing.

If you really want to stretch things, you could even say that they were taken over by spirits when their emotions got the best of them. Only when they got over their deep emotional scars could they be freed of the ones that haunted them. ^.~

You may find people that agree with you, though. Afterall, this is just a baby guild. More people will come. ^.^

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:05 pm
i tend to beleive in all those psychological things too, despite not having taken psychology yet (but i will eventually) but im the kind who believes that ANYthing is possible, so i try not to rule out any possibilites. you gotta admit, them being simply split personalities doesnt seem to quite fit... i mean, it does in some ways but in others it just makes teh series seem a lot less... i dont know, magical, maybe?
~Rin  

Amaya_Moonstone

[Arashi Kitsune]
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:01 pm
True, the series does seem more "magical" when you think of them as completely different people...But then you wonder just what exactly happens to the "people" Yoru and Ran when Sunao and Sora recover from their traumatic experiences. Do they leave them? Do they go to 'help' other people? Do they simply stop existing because their existance has been nullified? Or do they still stay inside Sora and Sunao, but since their purpose is gone, they sleep? It raises a lot of questions. ^.^:

Now I'm thinking of Krad and Dark from D.N. Angel. *slaps forehead*

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:16 am
in dark and krads case, there is NO WAY you can call that a split personality, THAT is another being entirely XD but i think they tried to explain via extended metaphor what happens to Yoru and Ran... im just yet to understand it... i think its something like theyve merged with Sora and Sunao, and thats what the whole thing in episode 12 was when they looked at each other and Sora saw Sunao as Ran for a moment and vice versa... i think that was trying to tell us that what Yoru and Ran felt for each other is now shared betwee Sora and Sunao since theyve merged or something.... its hard to explain, its one of those things that you can understand perfectly but cant explain for your life XD
~Rin  

Amaya_Moonstone

[Arashi Kitsune]
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:37 pm
Ah. I forgot about that moment. ^.^;;;
I really need to rewatch Sukisyo. *sighs* If they were two completely different people, though, merging would seriously suck, don't you think?

And Krad and Dark are completely different people. That I agree with. ^.~

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:07 am
well it would suck to a point where you go "s**t.... now they kind of dont exist anymore" but at the same time they do, its like theyre living on in their host bodies but are dormant yet not.... i love things like that, but i hate explaining them XD Dark and Krad pwn, though. so do Yoru and Ran. but Ran will ALWAYS be my favorite character regardless of if he merges or disappears. hes so immature and adorable and has big ruby eyes heart kawaii!!!!!!!!!
~Rin  

Amaya_Moonstone

[Arashi Kitsune]
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:33 pm
So you believe they're still around, but sleeping? I was more under the influence of them completely merging with Sora and Sunao, not going dormant. I guess it could be a cross of the two, though. *tilts head to one side* Hmn...*ponders* Dark and Krad do pwn. <3 Yoru's my favorite. I love the "one yellow eye" thing he has going on. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:36 am
nyer... well im really saying ti could be either depending on how you look at it ^_^ cuz if you like to think theyre still around and can still come out if they want, then you probably think theyre dormant. but if you try to understand the largely implied confusing metaphorical thingy, then you probably htink they merged. honestly, i have no friggin clue what REALLY happened, this is all just speculation. but still, anything is probable.
~Rin  

Amaya_Moonstone

[Arashi Kitsune]
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:12 pm
Yeah, that sounds about right...Okay.

*looks at thread* I wonder what other people are going to think when they decide to exist again...

Night Sky [Sukisyo Discussion]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff