Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Almighty Bobo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:38 pm
They suck.
The end.

I got all three of my lobe piercings with a jewelry store piercing gun without even knowing about the assorted risks and complications that can arise. I had my left ear done when I was 9, my right when I was 11, and the space just above my left piercing when I was 12. I had all of these done in the same shop, and now I seriously regret it. I've been stretching my ears for about a year now, and I'm at a size 4 gauge. Whenever I slide a taper in, I meet much more resistance than is normal due to the scar tissue that has built up on the inner tunnels of the piercing, and I've ripped or "popped" the scar tissue more than once while trying to get a taper through.

So, to anyone who is considering getting an ear piercing with a piercing gun, my advice is DON'T, as they cause too many problems down the road.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:28 am
I got my ear done ages ago as my first piercing (before I knew about proper piercing techniques and stuff) with a gun, stretched it a few months later and now I'm at 1/2" without any problems stretching. ^_^ Maybe its the amount of time you wait between stretches? All people heal at different paces so you may just need to wait longer...  

Cross Eyed Mary

-Panty.Waste-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:01 pm
The people who pierce your ears in a jewelery store or whatever aren't even trained to do it. It's dumb.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:40 am
Verzeih mir - bleib bei mir...
----------

The piercing I'm currently stretching was done at Claires when I was in the seventh grade, and I've had no problems at all stretching it (until now, cause I did something stupid).
I think it just has to do with how well the ear heals, and how long you wait between stretches.

----------
...und ich sagte noch...

Blue-eyed wonder

-Panty.Waste-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:03 pm
Blue-eyed wonder
----------

The piercing I'm currently stretching was done at Claires when I was in the seventh grade, and I've had no problems at all stretching it (until now, cause I did something stupid).
I think it just has to do with how well the ear heals, and how long you wait between stretches.

----------
...und ich sagte noch...

What did you do that was so stupid?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:30 pm
-Panty.Waste-
Blue-eyed wonder
----------

----------
...und ich sagte noch...

What did you do that was so stupid?
----------

I let someone else put in a taper for me - and she had misjudged the size.
So I'm pretty sure I got some nasty scarring from it. I've been taking good care of it, and I downsized for a while before going back up gradually, but I can still feel that there's a bit of scar tissue.

----------
...und ich sagte noch...

Blue-eyed wonder

Rohypnolsicle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:35 am
i've stretched my gunned ear piercings to 1 1/2". i don't know how, but i did.  
Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games