Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Contest Prizes Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Count
View Results

KeliJo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:59 am
What would you consided a good prize for a small contest? Like if you where giving a prize to multi people. Any sugestions?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:07 pm
It depends on what type of contest it is. Like, I would make the prizes worth more if it was an art contest.. it would be less if it was a tektek contest.  

Rosencoff

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:35 pm
It really does depend on what kind of contest. But if you're doing a small contest with multiple prizes, I'd say about 5k for the top winner and progressively less for each person down the ladder. Of course, I'm generally generous anyway, so some people might do less for a small contest... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:23 pm
2-5k.
maybe some cool common store items?
or a blue giftbox, turnk etc.  

iori_lamia

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:23 pm
gold, avi art, small items that you can't buy in the stores  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:46 pm
avi art^^  

iori_lamia

churrlo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:53 am
^^ Everyone has pretty much said it biggrin Gold and avi art are probably the best ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:10 pm
Aye, a certain amount depending on the contest and how big it is.  

Stay Zero

KeliJo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:54 pm
Well so fair all I have ever held is small contest with a small entry fee to stray off any free loaders.

I do like the idea of buying 5k items in stores. And giving Avi art. But I cant draw very well. Maybe hire a artist?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:58 pm
That's a possibility. Depending on how many contestants you have in the contest, you could use the money from the entry fees to pay for the artist (or the items). Avi art makes the prize personalized, too, which is nice.  

Chibikerichan

Force_One

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:27 pm
i like em  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:49 am
Everyone has basically said it blaugh  

churrlo

Lupas Deva

Dangerous Elder

19,325 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Generous 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:56 pm
I give out 1 sealed every month. I use a sealed guessing contest to keep them coming to my guild. 1 guess per person per day.  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:44 am
Perhaps you could find a prize suitable for what kind of Guild it is your doing the small contest for?

I'm in a Battle Guild so my small contests prizes would be a Viking Helm, any of the Battle related Artworks from Jigsaw, or maybe a weapon MC like the Sun Staff, or the Sward of Aegis.

in_the_rain_dancing

Wedry

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:30 am
It also helps to scale the prize level according to the difficulty of the contest. I host a bump contest that offers a MC for 500 and 1000 bumps successively within a week's time frame. Of course, you have to be willing to pay the price of multiple winners that way as well...  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff