Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Númenórë - A LOTR Community
Guild Announcements: Updated Monday, 4th of August 2008.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you interested in participating in Avatar Contest 2008?
  Yes, I will enter the contest.
  No, but I will come to vote.
View Results

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:07 am
Monday, 4th of August 2008

My apologies for the series of short announcements in this past week. For those who are interested in joining in the Avatar contest this year, please let us know through the poll in this thread.

The poll will be accessible throughout this week. However, we would appreciate your tentative decisions within the next few days. This way we can start planning out the event to be held as soon as possible to avoid clashes with other events (and procrastination, of course).

Please stay tuned for more information about the event in the coming week.

Announced by Rudhheniel

Saturday, 2nd of August 2008

Short announcement for new crew!

I have finally appointed [Cresenne] and Galad Damodred to help look after the guild and keep things going. Please treat them well.

Hopefully we can start a few events soon.

Announced by Rudhheniel

Friday, 1st of August 2008

Greetings Guild,

While it has been a long time since I have updated, I just want to thank everyone that still is active in the guild, especially when I am not. I really never accounted how busy I would be this year, so many changes have been happening in rl, I hope you can relate.

Today there is a new subforum, Guild Events and Archives. I do ind it a rather generic name, if anyone has any suggestions for another name let me know. Basically all threads that have closed and been locked will now be moved in this thread. This way the history of this guild will still be preserved and brilliance (or stupidy) can be used to shape the future of this guild. So whether you are new and curious, or "old" and nostalgic, check out the new subforum. Be inspired and let me now if they are any threads that you want to be unlocked.

In planning: Another subforum, probably for games and competitions. I noticed quite a few scattered around the thread, I think it would be better to move them away from the discussion threads, that way the main guild forum will be primarily for discussion and chatter.

Still looking for crew.

Announced by Rudhheniel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, 16th of January 2008

Firstly, HAPPY NEW YEAR! Welcome to the year 2008. For this new year I hope comes another beginning for new and old members alike.

First point of attention goes the advancement of this guild. I can only place my suggestions at this stage, further action can only be taken with your involvement.

As most of you may or may not know, I will be beginning university this year and I am uncertain how much I will be able to devote to this guild. Therefore I would like to make sure anything that is wanted in this guild is at least started before the idea becomes completely redundant in my absence.

Subforum
At the moment the subforum is purely for crew, however I don't really think its necessary any more and I want to put it to better use. I was thinking of turing it into either a place for learning/speaking elvish or perhaps a place for games.

New Threads
Menegil
5.) It's a good idea that before you post a new topic, you look and see if there is already a topic on that subject on the front page. Don't copy other people's threads either. New and original threads are always welcome though, and don't be afraid to make a thread.

Nothing further really needs to be said.

Competitions
Atm, I'm willing to put 5k towards a competition. Suggestions (ie Avatar, art, etc.), or someone to organise would be great.

Crew**
For the new year I would like to recruit two crew members who will keep the guild in order and oversee when I'm not able to. I will allow nominations until the end of January. If there are too many nominations, it will go to a vote. If there are no nominations I will nominate.

Announced by Rudhheniel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, 27th of June 2007

Syffer has been promoted to crew.

Menegil and I are to be [finally] wed this Saturday, 30th of June 2007.
The wedding is set to commence at 13:00 GMT.

Announced by Rudhheniel

Friday, 8th of June 2007

Announcements has returned! As you may notice this is the second announcements thread as I do not wish to move the previous, but feel strange writing through another's speech bubble on first post...XP. So any future updates shall be posted here!

Firstly, anything in the announcement below should be read with care. Many of you may not have seen for it was forgotten and hidden in the crew Subforum as I was in a particularly indecisive mood a the time.

One main notice I would like to bring to your attention is a selection of a new crew member. I'm not sure how active I can keep being throughout this year due to school, so I NEED some help. [If you haven't nominated someone by the 15/6/07 I shall decide for you twisted ]

So if anyone wants to nominate another guild member or themselves...you can post in it HERE in the announcement thread.

Announced by Rudhheniel

Thursday, 14th of December 2006

Greetings one and all, for all those who do not know me I am the new captain of Numenore.

There a couple of changes I'd like to bring to your attention. Firstly is the new sub-forum Atalante for past threads which I have now deemed fallen.

Secondly I have promoted Elenyae and Churrlo to crew, please treat them kindly (Yes that means no rotten tomatoes or potatoes).

I have created a new census thread where you can find here [x]. Please post there if you wish to continue your membership to this guild.

Every other parts of the guild will continue in the same format as before. Further changes may be required in future so stay tuned...

Announced by Rudhheniel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:36 am

SYFFER maybe? He's been a member for a long time... and still seems fairly active.
Not sure how active he'll be in future weeks though.
People seem to come and go a lot. :/

Khorkalba

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:56 am
I agree people do seem to come and go ...well at the moment I don't particularly mind since I'm not that active either...which is why I need crew, as I said...did I mention that before? At least members are coming back and posting so its not a one man guild.

Indeed I was considering Syffer.... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:52 pm
Thanks for the nomination smile . I have been incredibly busy with work and other commitments lately but I've made it a goal to check up on Gaia at least once a day. I'll try my best to keep active 3nodding  

SYFFER

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:45 pm
Read first page announcements please.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:53 pm
I'm up for anything though I'm particularly partial to an art contest. dramallama  

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:51 am
Noone wants to be crew.....remember end of Jan, then I'm just gonna pick two people.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:15 am
Well thanks for your enthusiasm guys...I'm still wondering if anyone actually read the notice...I'll be sending pms to those whom I think would be suitable for the position.  

Rudhe
Captain

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:08 pm
I read it, I just don't think I'm right for the job. >_>  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:47 am
I thank you for showing me trust by putting me in a position of power. I shall do my best to serve.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Galad Aglaron
Crew

Númenórë - A LOTR Community

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces