Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Back to Guilds

A guild all about the supernatural and paranormal, allowing for open discussion for believers and sceptics alike. 

Tags: supernatural, paranormal, ghosts, psionics, magic 

Reply Ghosts, Demons/Angels and Spirits
Haunted Metaphysical Terrain

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you believe the cause is?
Chipmonk spirits that my grandmother has angered.
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Vampire soil that must steal the essence of plants to live.
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
We all have glaucoma and the plants have been there the whole time.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

PeaceMaker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:25 am
While visiting my grandparents yesterday I noticed an area of soil that had only dead or dying vegitation. The area is about three by four feet wide and has side walk around it closing it off from the rest of the lawn. It wasn't untill yesterday that I had relized that nothing had ever grown there, and if anything was planted, it would always die. Grass seed would never grow and sod would die in less then a week. Hostas and plants similar to them died as if someone placed plant killer on them. I've never even seen a single weed there. My father and I have tried plant foods, fertilizer, even loosening the soil. None of it has worked. According to my father there should be no explanation for this.

There is only one clear hypothosis that I have been able to come to, and that is there is some sort of spiritual being haunting that small area. If anyone has had a similar experience with this kind of a situation or suggestions with how to deal with this please post any type of information that might be usefull in my attemt to exercise the haunted soil of evil...it's making my grandmother a little upset.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:55 pm
Good old holy water is what you need. Water your whole garden with holy water.  

Lord Jagged
Captain

Anieama

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:20 pm
exactly! I had the same thing happen to me! sort of...I was living in Cape Cod at the time and at the cemetary this one person would plant flowers for the person dead(no duh its a cemetary!)there. She would plant them then the next day they were dead so she kept planting but in different areas around the grave in case they did luckaly I always carry holy water with me when I go somewhere and I watered and they came to life! You wouldn't belive hoe happy the woman was.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:08 pm
You both bring up a good idea. The use of holy water might purge the taunted soil, but how does one go about aquiring holy water?  

PeaceMaker

Sakura Revolution
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:27 pm
Easiest way to get enough holy water is to ask a priest to bless your backyard tap...

But its hard to find a willing priest... It took my aunt over four years to find one that didn't consider it blasphmy...

Yes, I've seen it. in my uncle's town, theres a grave that holds an executed m,an, who said no grass would grow on the grave to prove his innocence...

the town's tried all sorts of things.

Holy water included, it didn't work.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:11 am
Try testing the soil for salt content before you go wild with the holy water. There may just be a scientific explanation for the phenomena. That's what happened to a patch of our backyard garden the first time we planted. For years, nothing would grow in that one patch (it was roundish, oblong patch, about 3 x 2 foot), at first we all thought that patch was creepy haunted, turns out, the previous owners must've dumped a bag of salt there.

-If it does turn out to be a salt problem, you'll have to replace the topsoil. If it's not a salt problem, bring on the priests and break out the holy water!  

Sacred Angeleus

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:21 pm
at my house we have a corner in the backyard that won't grow anything. The bamboo from the house next door is starting to grow around it.....but not in it. I'm thinking of puting something like a fountain there.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:27 pm
Neko_Bast
at my house we have a corner in the backyard that won't grow anything. The bamboo from the house next door is starting to grow around it.....but not in it. I'm thinking of puting something like a fountain there.

I think that might only work if it's a small area of teh garden. If it's a large area, you'd need something bigger to cover it up.  

Lord Jagged
Captain

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:56 pm
Lord Jagged
Neko_Bast

I think that might only work if it's a small area of teh garden. If it's a large area, you'd need something bigger to cover it up.

its about 2 feet by 3 feet. If I can get the fountain that I want I will be able to plant stuff on the fountain......maby they will grow there. ^-^  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:26 pm
hmm maybe if you try to bury dead animal there they will come to live..

that how chinese zombie came about  

mikiseiya

Ghosts, Demons/Angels and Spirits

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces