Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pokemon Train and Battle Guild - Remodeling

Back to Guilds

Train your own pokemon right here on gaia! 

Tags: Pokemon, Train, Battle, Pokémon, Pokemon Train and Battle 

Reply Graveyard
What is This Subforum? Update (06/07/09) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

justGhostie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:15 pm
This subforum is where you can breed your pokemon. Please read the below information to fully understand the breeding process.

Basics: Now we will implement breeding computability. I'm not going to relist all of the information, so when you're planning on breeding a pokemon, just go to
www.veekun.com and put your pokemon's name into the search. (i.e. pikachu) Then, scroll down, and it will show breeding compatibilities with different pokemon. Which means, that any of the pokemon listed can be bred with pikachu. You can breed two of your own pokemon if you have two of the same evolution family, but that probably doesnt apply to you, and so, with another trainers consent the two trainers can breed them together. Also, you have to breed them at the breeding center, mediated by me (or Toasty... I dont know the other mods enough. XD) Also; each trainer will get a baby pokemon. (There will be a small chance that either one or both of the offspring wont make it, but never fear! You can always try again the next day in real time)

Colors: If you have a colored pokemon, say, a blue Charmeleon, and breed it with a red Charmander, you have a few different chances. The resulting Charmander may be a normal color, red, blue, or purple, because the color has a chance to mix. It works the other way too, with a few secondary colors. An orange pokemon bred with a purple pokemon would have a result in a red offspring. (get some crayons and try it, it does turn red. surprised ) Also; the two baby pokemon wouldnt neccessarily be the same color. One trainer might get a pink pokemon (white+red) and the other might get a normal colored pokemon.

Shiny: Normal pokemon mixes always have a 1/3 chance of being shiny. A shiny pokemon and a normal pokemon (or two shiny), have a 2/3 chance. Mixing colors has a 1/5 chance, a shiny with a color 3/5.

Mixes: Soon to come (maybe)

Now, there's also a chance for trainers to get TWO baby pokemon! *evil laughter* I'll write this out in more description later. braverichie gave me the idea. ;o

Egg Moves: These are moves that a pokemon can only get when bred. Safeguard and Howl are two of them for growlithe. As you level, the stats on them go up one point, just like damage for each attack and the pokemons hp. So for Safeguard, which takes away damage dealt, 3 points taken at level six. When it gets to level 7, the safeguard move would take away 4 points rather than 3.

Leave suggestions for this subforum here! I came up with this idea and threw it to Toasty, who obviously created a subforum. So, if anyone has an idea, I'll take it into consideration to utilize to make this a better place. ;D Also; any questions about the breeding, pm me. I am known for talking/writing in strange, unintelligible patterns. XD

ANNOUNCEMENT: AUGUST 18!
We're opening back up the option to breed Eevees. But, to still have flood control, you are only allowed to receive two Eevees a week. Past that, we'll hold the baby Eevee until the next week.

ANNOUNCEMENT: JUNE 11, 2008!
Breeding pokemon now produces eggs! Not pokemon! To hatch an egg get it to lvl 5 then pm Toasty or Ghosty to have them hatched!

06/07/09:
When you breed your pokemon, they come with pokeballs specially from the breeding center,
User Image for males,
User Image for females.
So if you display your pokemons pokeballs, please update them proper.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:26 pm
Rules!

Since every forum has rules, this one isn't unique.

1. Say NO spamming!
2. You can not train pokemon in here.
3. You can only attempt to breed pokemon once every other day, if a failure on the whole clutch of pokemon, you can retry the next day, and then restart the once every other day program.
4. Post your attempt in a new thread.
5. Other trainer must post in your thread with their pokemon to show their consent.
6. ONLY ~GHOST OF A ROSE~ or TOASTYMARSHMELLOW may hand out pokemon.
7. The Pokemon need to be within at least two evos of each otehr, so say a venasuar wants to breed, and the only available is a bulbasaur, they couldn't breed
8. The rules are subject to change, meaning that this is NOT a concrete list, and you should check occasionally.
9.Baby pokemon cannot be bred.
10.Your pokemon needs to be at least lvl 10 to breed!  

justGhostie

braverichie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:19 pm
~Ghost of a Rose~
This subforum is where you can breed your pokemon. Please read the below information to fully understand the breeding process.

Basics: For right now, you can only breed pokemon of the same evolution family. i.e. a Pichu (i got that right, didnt I?), Pikachu, or Raichu can only be bred with a Pichu, Pikachu, or Raichu. The babies will almost always be the first stage of that pokemon. So if you bread two jolteons say, you would nearly always get a Eevee. You can breed two of your own pokemon if you have two of the same evolution family, but that probably doesnt apply to you, and so, with another trainers consent the two trainers can breed them together. Also, you have to breed them at the breeding center, mediated by me (or Toasty... I dont know the other mods enough. XD) Also; each trainer will get a baby pokemon. (There will be a small chance that either one or both of the offspring wont make it, but never fear! You can always try again the next day in real time)

Colors: If you have a colored pokemon, say, a blue Charmeleon, and breed it with a red Charmander, you have a few different chances. The resulting Charmander may be a normal color, red, blue, or purple, because the color has a chance to mix. It works the other way too, with a few secondary colors. An orange pokemon bred with a purple pokemon would have a result in a red offspring. (get some crayons and try it, it does turn red. surprised ) Also; the two baby pokemon wouldnt neccessarily be the same color. One trainer might get a pink pokemon (white+red) and the other might get a normal colored pokemon.

Shiny: Normal pokemon mixes always have a 1/3 chance of being shiny. A shiny pokemon and a normal pokemon (or two shiny), have a 2/3 chance. Mixing colors has a 1/5 chance, a shiny with a color 3/5.

*new addition!*
Now, there's also a chance for trainers to get TWO baby pokemon! *evil laughter* I'll write this out in more description later. braverichie gave me the idea. ;o

Leave suggestions for this subforum here! I came up with this idea and threw it to Toasty, who obviously created a subforum. So, if anyone has an idea, I'll take it into consideration to utilize to make this a better place. ;D Also; any questions about the breeding, pm me. I am known for talking/writing in strange, unintelligable patterns. XD

yeah i gave her the idea only because i remembered on my pokemon emerald game it sometimes gave me 2 eggs gonk i know scarry.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:01 pm
~Ghost of a Rose~

Basics: For right now, you can only breed pokemon of the same evolution family. i.e. a Pichu (i got that right, didnt I?), Pikachu, or Raichu can only be bred with a Pichu, Pikachu, or Raichu. The babies will almost always be the first stage of that pokemon. So if you bread two jolteons say, you would nearly always get a Eevee. You can breed two of your own pokemon if you have two of the same evolution family, but that probably doesnt apply to you, and so, with another trainers consent the two trainers can breed them together. Also, you have to breed them at the breeding center, mediated by me (or Toasty... I dont know the other mods enough. XD) Also; each trainer will get a baby pokemon. (There will be a small chance that either one or both of the offspring wont make it, but never fear! You can always try again the next day in real time)

*new addition!*

Leave suggestions for this subforum here! I came up with this idea and threw it to Toasty, who obviously created a subforum. So, if anyone has an idea, I'll take it into consideration to utilize to make this a better place. ;D Also; any questions about the breeding, pm me. I am known for talking/writing in strange, unintelligable patterns. XD

hey ghost when are we going to make the form where ppl can breed different pokemon same type??  

braverichie

X0~Pink Penguin~0X

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:57 pm
I think we should maybe delete the breeding threads after the eggs have been received, that way it will be easier to find the new ones.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:52 am
[[.Rikku.]]
I think we should maybe delete the breeding threads after the eggs have been received, that way it will be easier to find the new ones.

i second that motion lol  

braverichie

ToastyMarshmellow
Captain

2,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:15 am
Dose any one third that motion? no? -clack- Over ruled xD

Just kidding xD  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:56 pm
ToastyMarshmellow
Dose any one third that motion? no? -clack- Over ruled xD

Just kidding xD

lol i thirdeth that emotion MWHAHAHAHA I Win. lol.  

braverichie

ToastyMarshmellow
Captain

2,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:30 pm
What? >> you cant do that you already second the motion!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:47 pm
looks left and right stare ninja then at toasty. "uh no i didn't. " "oh hey toasty when are you going to make the colored charamander i wanted??" "sorry if im pushy i'm just wondering caus i orderd a brown one a while back."  

braverichie

ToastyMarshmellow
Captain

2,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:38 pm
Well my brotehrs on my compy so i cant really do anything pokemon color related right now, sence its got the hard drive i finaly got back along with photoshop and stuffs like that, so yeah ^ ^;; hes probobly going to be my computer for awhile now...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:11 pm
ToastyMarshmellow
Well my brotehrs on my compy so i cant really do anything pokemon color related right now, sence its got the hard drive i finaly got back along with photoshop and stuffs like that, so yeah ^ ^;; hes probobly going to be my computer for awhile now...

hey will adobe be able to recolro?  

braverichie

X0~Pink Penguin~0X

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:09 pm
Yes, adobe can recolor  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:59 pm
Dude, I can recolor in paint. Lol  

justGhostie

Zell_Fire Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:14 pm
i can't recolor at all! i don't know how! biggrin  
Graveyard