Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
DUDE!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Agree?
  I'm gonna say yes, even though i haven't read your post.
  I'm gonna say yes. (it's been long overdue!)
  I'm gonna say no, even though i haven't read your post.
  Well, that's what the main forum is for... dumbass! (no)
  i don't care about what you think, i'm still a POLLWHORE and shall burn in the non-existent fiery hell.
View Results

AnonymouZ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:55 pm
I say, we need another subforum for mindless talking.... otherwise we're just gonna end up looking at the same topics for about 6 months and have no new talks of... whatever. Besides, it's not ALWAYS about demonstrating how silly religions are. so...who's with me?!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:52 pm
Amen.

cup_noodles

Nergalitos

Celebrating Reveler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:42 am
Agreed.

Thanks for opening this up! : D  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:36 am
User Image||_______________________

• When has the subject matter for topics ever been limited to "how silly religions are"? Never. We can have all kinds of topics. We even have some general ones for music or movies. As long as it isn't just a spam thread, it's okay.
        When you say "mindless talking" it gets me a little worried. If we have a mindless/spam forum, I'm just worried that there won't be more attempt at making actual topics. As long as there is something to talk about, you can already make any thread you want in the main forum.

What exactly is there that you (anyone) don't feel like you can post in the main forum? :0

_______________________||User Image

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

AnonymouZ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:55 pm
c a u s t i c

When has the subject matter for topics ever been limited to "how silly religions are"? Never. We can have all kinds of topics. We even have some general ones for music or movies. As long as it isn't just a spam thread, it's okay.
When you say "mindless talking" it gets me a little worried. If we have a mindless/spam forum, I'm just worried that there won't be more attempt at making actual topics. As long as there is something to talk about, you can already make any thread you want in the main forum.

What exactly is there that you (anyone) don't feel like you can post in the main forum? :0

We haven't been limited, i know.

But the thing is the main forum seems kinda serious enough, and since many, MANY times we happen to all just nod and agree or express the same opinion on being agnostic/atheist, how good that book was, whether or not it's ok to ban gay marriage*... well, it somehow gets kinda dull... since we don't have (m)any believers to try and justify their religions here. I pressume that this kind of debate is more discussed and more diverse on those christian guild's i've seen around, but ...

i guess if we had a subforum we could talk more openly about goverment, (do conservative atheists exist?,) films, entertainment (holy crap, britney posed nude and "i" didn't knoW?!?! wtf!), news, or even life issues... then maybe we could have something where we could actually differ ... i mean, i don't think many people around here think Jackass 2 was the best movie ever... but there COULD be... and they should deserve to be flamed just like any other chatterboxer... at another subforum...

I agree the need to have actual topics shouldn't surpass the need for stupid stuff... but c'mon, we gotta have bullshit every now and then... and a subforum would make the main forum clean of that stuff. (not to sound like a smartass, but when was the last time anyone really did use the ED forum...?) (and not to sound like an even more of a dumbass... but only ONE topic for bullshit might make for a lengthy topic... but... it gets kinda messy)

You MUST have noticed how it's often those kind of topics that make it past 5 pages here... why not give it a try, if it gets out of hand, you can always dump it! (i have nothing to back up what i'm saying, since i have no clue how much it would cost, or how much of a mess it would be to make mods moderate the stuff in there, etc... but ... xD)

it might even get more people interested in the guild... or... at least more "active"?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:32 pm
Hell no, we won't go! Hell no, we won't go!

... So what exactly is the problem? I'm confused....  

PickleBoy

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:44 am
Anonymouz

We haven't been limited, i know.

But the thing is the main forum seems kinda serious enough, and since many, MANY times we happen to all just nod and agree or express the same opinion on being agnostic/atheist, how good that book was, whether or not it's ok to ban gay marriage*... well, it somehow gets kinda dull... since we don't have (m)any believers to try and justify their religions here. I pressume that this kind of debate is more discussed and more diverse on those christian guild's i've seen around, but ...

i guess if we had a subforum we could talk more openly about goverment, (do conservative atheists exist?,) films, entertainment (holy crap, britney posed nude and "i" didn't knoW?!?! wtf!), news, or even life issues... then maybe we could have something where we could actually differ ... i mean, i don't think many people around here think Jackass 2 was the best movie ever... but there COULD be... and they should deserve to be flamed just like any other chatterboxer... at another subforum...

I agree the need to have actual topics shouldn't surpass the need for stupid stuff... but c'mon, we gotta have bullshit every now and then... and a subforum would make the main forum clean of that stuff. (not to sound like a smartass, but when was the last time anyone really did use the ED forum...?) (and not to sound like an even more of a dumbass... but only ONE topic for bullshit might make for a lengthy topic... but... it gets kinda messy)

You MUST have noticed how it's often those kind of topics that make it past 5 pages here... why not give it a try, if it gets out of hand, you can always dump it! (i have nothing to back up what i'm saying, since i have no clue how much it would cost, or how much of a mess it would be to make mods moderate the stuff in there, etc... but ... xD)

it might even get more people interested in the guild... or... at least more "active"?

||_______________________

• You can talk about that stuff in the main forum though. It's not a question of subject matter. You could make those threads you described already.
        In other words, it sounds like you're thinking of the main forum as something where you have to make legitimate replies in full sentences and the subforum as a place where you wouldn't really have to?

Some people do just post a lot of 'yeah, I agree' stuff but some people take the time and discuss. You really could open up those government topics and 'what do you think about posing nude' topics xD
        For the main forum it'd need to be something like this-> "I heard that Britney ____. What do you think about ___ and ___? Do you think she ___? blah blah"
        Just enough to make people talk.

People do use the ED subforum sometimes and people were in favor of creating it. A subforum for bullshit could either clean the main forum or shift the focus of activity in the guild.
        I'm willing to see an open anything (almost) goes subforum as long as the main forum remains active with discussion.
_______________________||

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:37 pm
well, since many of us joined and had to explain on our request why we think the way we do, it's really not much of a possibility that the main forum is ever gonna dry up on relevant subjects. After all, if we didn't care about serious talk we wouldn't have joined anyway. cool

but... i guess i'll give it a try and write one of those silly topics here then. wait, i just did! rofl  

AnonymouZ

The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff