Reply Wi-Fi Connection
Best DS Wi-Fi game? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

G a m e O v e r

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:37 pm
The DS has had online games for quite awhile now, and I was just wondering which ones were the most enjoyable to play online in people's opinion.

Metroid was fun when it came out, because everyone was on the same playing field, but then people started hacking, or finding glitches and ruining the online experience. Mario Kart is a fun game to play online, but when snaking was discovered, people diverged on if they liked or hated it. Animal Crossing is fun for awhile, but there's only so much you can do before you get bored. Hell, even Tetris got hacked.

Personally, I think Mario Kart is my favorite. While I don't agree with snaking, and I think it's a low technique to put people a step above newbies at the game, I still find the game enjoyable to play. That may just be because I've been a die-hard Mario Kart fan since Mario Kart 64, so I'm pretty good at it. That, and a lot of the game is strategy, especially when facing snakers.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:40 pm
-Mario Kart has to be my favourite of them all. The snaking killed most of the fun though.
-I really want to get Metriod, but lack the cash. And I just suck at Tetris online. <<;
-Animal Crossing comes as a second favorite for me, since it's just a layed back kind of thing, no serious competitions here.

NinShmux

G a m e O v e r

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:46 pm
Nintendo_fanatic
-I really want to get Metriod, but lack the cash.
-Animal Crossing comes as a second favorite for me, since it's just a layed back kind of thing, no serious competitions here.
I'd advise only getting Metroid if you know people that you can play with over and over that don't hack or act cheaply. If not, then prepare to find a lot of hackers, spammers and cheaters in random online play.

Animal Crossing is fun, but I think that a Wii version would really improve upon the foundation laid by the DS one. I think it would be a LOT more fun with WiiConnect24 updates, because every week there could be a new shirt, or hat or something, and even just checking that could be fun.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:46 pm
Well, with any of the DS games, it's nice to have friends that you trust to play with that won't hack/snake/altwhore.

I guess my top three would be:
1. Metroid Prime Hunters: The techniques of the different hunters really makes you strategize when playing. Is weavel going to use his turret? Could there be a Trace sniping me, invisible right now?
2. Mario Kart DS: Although I suck at this game, snaking and all, it's still great fun when you play with the right people. It's also always interesting to witness one of Fish's starman rapings, even more interesting to be the victim!
3. Animal Crossing: It's methods of communication are more open than most wifi DS games, since you can talk whenever, and if you make up games and such, it can last a while. But it really can get boring, and it's not all that different than playing by yourself.  

Waynebrizzle

NinShmux

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:49 pm
Meta_Fish
Nintendo_fanatic
-I really want to get Metriod, but lack the cash.
I'd advise only getting Metroid if you know people that you can play with over and over that don't hack or act cheaply. If not, then prepare to find a lot of hackers, spammers and cheaters in random online play.

Animal Crossing is fun, but I think that a Wii version would really improve upon the foundation laid by the DS one. I think it would be a LOT more fun with WiiConnect24 updates, because every week there could be a new shirt, or hat or something, and even just checking that could be fun.
-I'll probably just wait for Metriod Prime 3 then.
-I'm so looking forward to that on the Wii. I want some more features added to the game though. Not just more items. <<;

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:57 pm
I'm new to Nintendo Wi-Fi, (First connection was 2 days ago.)
So, I have to ask, what is snaking?  

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

G a m e O v e r

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:16 pm
Tatsuman
Snaking is where a racer drift boosts to one side of the track and then to the other, and it's actually faster than driving in a straight line. People have different opinions on whether or not it's right, but I don't want this thread to turn into a snaking thread.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:48 pm
Metroid Prime Hunters:I just got this game a few days ago and haven't been able to play really play it (like I just started and can't figure out how to get past the first part of the game, when your ship first lands on that floating asteroid place razz ) but yeah it's almost turning into a DS version of Halo online.

MarioKart DS: I personally think this game is fun because usually the people that snake (or atleast that I've played against) aren't really that good XP and I end up beating them. (I'm a major MarioKart person I've been playing the games since the GBA version.)

Animal Crossing: I think it's pretty fun even though currently I've only done DS to DS and it was pretty fun for awhile until it started getting boring XP.

Starfox Command: My step-brother got this game and played it like once and hasn't played it since razz So I don't know how good it is....But I heard that the Wi-Fi play can be pretty interesting and fun for awhile, accept it's very easy to get ganked supposedly.  

Kiba_Inu

Seron Adrix

Noble Hellhound

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:04 pm
My top 3 would be
1.Metriod Prime Hunters: It's a fun game to play online with the diff hunters and diff styles of play if you can get a good group of people who don't hack or cheat.

2.Castlevania POR: It's just fun to see alot of diff styles of how people play the Castlevania games.

3.Starfox Command: I've loved the Starfox games ever since the SNES and I can own my friends in any of the multiplayer games and it's still no diff with Command.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:49 pm
Meta_Fish
Tatsuman
Snaking is where a racer drift boosts to one side of the track and then to the other, and it's actually faster than driving in a straight line. People have different opinions on whether or not it's right, but I don't want this thread to turn into a snaking thread.

Sounds cheap...like wave dashing.  

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

Darkdestroyer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:37 am
I only got Wi-Fi two days ago as well at home, although I've played at hotspots. I'm kinda unsure what's my top 3. I have Metroid, Mario Kart and Animal Crossing. I can't believe people find it boring! eek But then I'm only two days in. We have scavenger hunts, games of tag, fishing competitions...and if we bore of someone's town, someone checks the gate and we all go over to their town for a surprise whee
Metroid is a mixed bag. I love it, I really do. I've had only great experiences with it. I was playing against Draken last night and it was great fun (He gave me Trace whee ). That was awesome, very evenly matched.
I then went for a few random games last night. They were pretty fun. Although the last game I played sucked. This guy was supposed to be my equal. Anyways, he chose Sylux and repeatedly used lockjaw. He also used bombs to fly around the arena. That's be funny in a huge area with 4 players. Against just me, an inexperienced and terrified Trace, it became a game of hide and seek scream
Mario Kart is really good fun. I cannot wait for that Cult Tournament to start and when Diamond/Pearl is released I'll be starting my own whee  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:23 am
Tatsuman
Meta_Fish
Tatsuman

Sounds cheap...like wave dashing.

I don't think wavedashing is cheap, but I guess it's easy to learn and gives you a MASSIVE advantage once you've gotten the hang of it. Snaking is the same. I learnt both techniques when I found out about them. Anyway, I'm not going to argue about that here.

I don't play much on Wifi, but so far, Mario Kart DS is the most fun for me. I do snake. I'm a fair snaker, so I can outsnake most other snakers, but not all. It's really fun when you enter a game with 3 other snakers!

Puyo Puyo 15th anniversary (Japan only) seems promising. I have not played on Wifi yet, but Puyo Puyo is THE BEST multiplayer puzzle game out there. Tetris? Pah! Puyo Puyo FTW!
(The reason I have not played yet is that the current version out is glitched and can only save 256 times.)  

Gonbe

Darkdestroyer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:52 am
Metroid is so glitchy today. Playing with a friend, I wasted about 49 missiles on him and he still didn't die scream  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:35 pm
Castlevania personaly.  

Fireonimusha

SESauvie

Girl-Crazy Businesswoman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:17 am
Man 20 Minutes with Mario Kart is more fun than...uhh 19 Minutes with it  
Wi-Fi Connection

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash