Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Horror story #A Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xahmen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:16 pm
There are eyes in my soup.

Now, I know how crazy that must sound, but as I look down at the bowl, I swear to God I see eyes peeping back up at me.
It's the LSD I dropped, it must be kickin' in; I should've known better than to drop when I was in a bad mood.

I blinked, the eyes blinked back at me.
Thin black fingers broke the surface of the soup from the other side.
Purple and green ragged fingernails pushed through the liquid like latex.

A anthropormorhic chin pushed it's way out, and the bottom layer of teeth screamed silently against the now rubber-like soup.

I know it isn't real.
I set my spoon down and stand up, wiping at my eyes.
I know that what I'm seeing is soup, and my brain is just trying to mess with me.

Little sounds broke through as the latex-like surface split; it sounded like white noise.

I wiped my eyes again.
My fingertips ran red.

The white noise turned into high pitched sounds of inarticulate rage.
It isn't real.
It isn't real.

I'm not hallucinating, I'm not actually seeing these.
I concentrate and realize that there is no screaming, no fingers with infected nails.

But it's like trying to keep yourself awake when you haven't slept for a few days, and against my will I find myself dragged back into my mind and the screaming.

My fingertips ran red.
I peered into my soup and into those bloodshot eyes that weren't there.

Author's Note
True story.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:21 pm
Whoa. That's really... wow. I loved it, quite scary, especially the fact that it was a true story.  

lucyVUITTON

Xahmen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:26 pm
Well that was the point, make it scary, because you make it real.
How do you write about real things?
You take things that have happened to you.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:27 pm
Oh, dude, hallucinations?

Yeaaaah...been there. Only, less scary and...funnier.

I liked this, for some reason. Your style has changed somewhat, more upbeat, but it's still creepy O.o  

KirbyVictorious

Xahmen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:29 pm
KirbyVictorious
Oh, dude, hallucinations?

Yeaaaah...been there. Only, less scary and...funnier.

I liked this, for some reason. Your style has changed somewhat, more upbeat, but it's still creepy O.o

Well, it's not really a hallucination, but your mind goes like this.

"I acknowledge the soup. I see the soup as it is. But in here, in the skull, I portray the soup as something different."

Funnier?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:32 pm
My characters sat behind me in the car and started arguing. It was HILARIOUS.

And then one of them said she hated me. *sigh* That's what I get for killing her off I guess...

Oh, yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah...I do that, too.

Imagine this: four in the morning. Half-asleep. You wake up, sorta, know you're awake, and half of your mind is stuck in some dream. The image plays behind your eyes, and you think you hear a noise, see someone walking around...so you get up...you hear voices...you know you're in trouble when one of the someones points a gun at your head and BAM!

you blink.

vision's gone.

Seriously happened. I think I'm going crazy.  

KirbyVictorious

Xahmen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:35 pm
Lucky you, usually those are accompanied by sleep paralysis.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:38 pm
....the inability to move? I thought I was just being a lazy-a**. Nice to know.  

KirbyVictorious

lucyVUITTON

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:07 pm
Oh, thank god.
I thought I was going crazy by hearing my characters talking to me.
Most of the time it's this one girl, Ella, but sometimes the others talk to me, too. Ella mostly calls me names and tells me how stupid I'm being when I pull a bad move, while the others tend to be a tad nicer.
I swear, I'm going insane. One time when I was half-asleep I thought I saw Ella at my bedroom doorway, and I couldn't move at all. I shut my eyes tight, and when I opened them, she was gone. Ella had just dissappeared.

EDIT- Oh, right. Anoterh thing-- sometimes I think that my characters are actually alive, and not just because of a couple of incidents where they talk to me. I feel like they're a part of me-- like when they feel guilt, I feel guilt. That's happened before, actually. It's like they're a part of me, and it's sad how sometimes I make them go through hardships in life and then feel bad about it. I tend to fantasize that I'm actually controlling someone's life-- not just weaving out a story.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:11 pm
it's ...well, not normal, but you're not alone.

I'm looking for my main man everywhere I go, as if he exists. Keepin' an eye out for black hair and grey eyes, and hoping he's the one. And single. ^^

And that SHE won't kill me for taking him. O.o

And to the edit: yeah, I know what you mean...and also, every time I feel a strong emotion, I absently search for a situation where they feel it too. And vice versa. Like...my mind keeps calling up parts where she's crying, and so I feel like crying too...and I really wish he existed, gods damn it...

(note the polytheism, that's from my book too.)  

KirbyVictorious

lucyVUITTON

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:23 pm
It's nice to know that I'm not alone, but sometimes I wonder if I should get some help.

I'm looking for a man with chin-long hair that falls over one eyes and lavender eyes, since that's who my favorite character's dating. I'm also looking for a girl with dyed black hair, shoulder-long, that hangs over an eye, and her eyes are dark purple-- almost black. That would be my favorite character, Ella.

Sometimes, I'm a bit glad that my characters don't exist. Since some of them are really messed-up-- one's killed a lot of people, and another has stolen a car.

I wish that my characters exist most of the time, just because you've grown to like them so much that you feel that they're already real. To tell you the truth, I don't really have a reason as to why I want my characters to be real people-- maybe it's just because I've gotten so attached to writting about their life it would be nice to know that your writing's not all fake.
To tell you the truth, I have this small belief that somewhere, in a parallel universe or something, all of our characters do in fact exist. Crazy, I know, but aren't we all in some way or another?

Most of the time, my characters influence me. The character in which I mostly write about, Ella, is someone who is really cruel and rude, which has, unfortunately, made me a tad rude and such. Which is why I have to be careful about what characters I create-- I might eventually start acting like them as well.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:35 pm
my characters ARE me. Different parts of me. We work mutually, they tell their own stories, and I write them down and edit a little.

I shudder to think what would happen to my darling Kamile and Everan if they were in this dimension. Poor kids, they were meant to be in places with magic and swords, not guns and cars and pollution...(they're elves, by the way, REALLY sensitive to environmental stuff) I've imagined what would happen sometimes...*shudder*

Parallel dimensions? My entire BOOK is about that. A parallel of a parallel. It's alot of fun to wrk with, let me tell you.

Really, I'd like my characters to exist, just because I get so lonely...they were the only ones I cuold REALLY talk to, even if it wasn't real. It's just those two, though. Any of the others wouldn't make it, or they'd attempt to wreak havoc...without magic, none of them are really dangerous. Sure, they're deashots at throwing kitchen knives and stealing...

Never thought about all those other guys. Don't care about them. They're just supporting characters, after all.  

KirbyVictorious

lucyVUITTON

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:46 pm
That's a nice way to put it, actually. Ella's the mean part of me, Chandon's the nice part of me, and Tanya's the part of me that stereotypes everything and anything.

Most of my characters are human, and the ones that aren't, are in much worse living situations than the real world here, being homeless when a war's going on and such, so I presume they wouldn't mind. Ella lives in New York City, so if she moved to the surbubs where I live, it owuld be quite good for her lungs.

My book's about crimes and finding your true self, as corny as that sounds. It's about Ella trying to cover up all the traces of a crime her and her friend Tanya have done, yet it's harder than it seems. I would tell you the end, but I won't, in case it gets published. (:

I get lonely a lot, too. I think that that's why I picke dup writing and playing the computer so much, because it's a way to escape reality for a while and dream. Sometimes I wish I wasn't soo lonely and had some more friends, but, in the end, I find myself glad that I don't have many true friends. It's just that, if I did have some more friends, then I wouldn't have created all these characters and made friends online, which is pretty good. Your characters have to like you no matter what, and online friends don't ever see you so they can't judge you in that way. I find it better to have online and characters as friends, since it's the most trustworthy way.

Sometimes, I find myself talking to myself, and then a voice in my head answering. Now, that's not as crazy as it sounds. It's like the way you think-- you don't actually hear it, but the thought's there, for sure. That's the wya that my characters and I talk, and it's kind of weird. Call me crazy, I know.

I still grow to like my supporting characters because I feel that, somewhere out there, they're real, but I like the main characters the most. The main character, mostly-- Ella. She's been a character for roleplaying for such a long time, over a year and a half, that I just thought it would be nice to write a book about her.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:17 am
Don't get too involved with fiction, ya' lose touch with the real.  

Xahmen
Vice Captain

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:01 pm
lmm7777
That's a nice way to put it, actually. Ella's the mean part of me, Chandon's the nice part of me, and Tanya's the part of me that stereotypes everything and anything.

Most of my characters are human, and the ones that aren't, are in much worse living situations than the real world here, being homeless when a war's going on and such, so I presume they wouldn't mind. Ella lives in New York City, so if she moved to the surbubs where I live, it owuld be quite good for her lungs.

My book's about crimes and finding your true self, as corny as that sounds. It's about Ella trying to cover up all the traces of a crime her and her friend Tanya have done, yet it's harder than it seems. I would tell you the end, but I won't, in case it gets published. (:

I get lonely a lot, too. I think that that's why I picke dup writing and playing the computer so much, because it's a way to escape reality for a while and dream. Sometimes I wish I wasn't soo lonely and had some more friends, but, in the end, I find myself glad that I don't have many true friends. It's just that, if I did have some more friends, then I wouldn't have created all these characters and made friends online, which is pretty good. Your characters have to like you no matter what, and online friends don't ever see you so they can't judge you in that way. I find it better to have online and characters as friends, since it's the most trustworthy way.

Sometimes, I find myself talking to myself, and then a voice in my head answering. Now, that's not as crazy as it sounds. It's like the way you think-- you don't actually hear it, but the thought's there, for sure. That's the wya that my characters and I talk, and it's kind of weird. Call me crazy, I know.

I still grow to like my supporting characters because I feel that, somewhere out there, they're real, but I like the main characters the most. The main character, mostly-- Ella. She's been a character for roleplaying for such a long time, over a year and a half, that I just thought it would be nice to write a book about her.

Why do you write so small? O.o

Kamile is one half of me, the nice, hyperactive, fun, not very bright half, Everan is the other super-smart, shy, kinda snappy half. But everyone likes him ^^

My book is all about half-and-half, yin and yang, and such. Indirectly. I have this theory that I'm an entirely neutral person, so I'm obsessed with all the black-and-white stuff. It's not like, good>evil...it's more like good=evil, and that they're both illusions. Because we all know that everyone has good and bad in them. Even like, Jesus. He got mad once, riiiiight?

It's mortal nature. Notice how I dno't say human, I have everything from elves to faeries to phoenixes that aren't really phoenixes. I invert everything, so it doesn't really matter what I call them. But whenever I describe stuff, it makes people go like, "Oooh! THAT'S why such-and-such." I like that; finding answers.

Kamile and Everan are telepathic (to each other, like a twin thing I guess) so I keep imagining that there's another voice in my head telling me like, what to do/say. And if I don't listen (it's usually about little things, like how to respond to a statement, what to wear to school, etc.) then it comes back and slaps me in the face.

Example: I wear my favorite blue shirt to school with a khaki skirt. (It's a mix-and-match kind of uniform). Little voice tells me to go for the light blue shirt, I don't listen. Next day, I wear the light blue shirt, since it's all I have clean, and I only have one skirt left, exactly the same color, that would've gone nicely with the shirt I wore the day before. As a consequence, I look silly.

See?

I really wish Everan existed, I need him. *sigh*  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas