Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Are the publising companies out to get Naoko Takeuchi??? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:20 pm
I'm concerned about the lack of Naoko Takeuchi Manga in my local bookstores... or any bookstore for that matter... There have been more manga than just Sailor Moon to have come from this woman and NONE of it are anywhere to be found in America. Why is that? And what's the problem with Sailor Moon that it is put out of print? What is this damned world coming too????  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:51 pm
i know! sighs* it really seems that way, plus they messed with sailor moon in the english and anime versions...  

kuga_natsuki08

Syndrama

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:00 pm
If you want more of her manga, contact Tokyo Pop's american HQ and write letters asking for other titles to be picked up! 3nodding

REAL letters. Online petitions NEVER work and are never actually READ.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:48 pm
That and the licensing issues. She discontiued some of ther works and in others she doesn't have very many within the series and it's not licensed in the US.

Also~ Hunter x Hunter is being done by herself and her husband *so I've heard*  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Mystifying Social Disease

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:26 pm
It's a real shame. cry  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:21 am
most of her series are only 2 books long, and most of those are discontinued. (i still wanna read them but...)

poor Naoko....i think she's in some kind of slump, that and perhaps focusing on rasing her son (he should be about the age where he needs alot of attention, ne?)  

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:33 am
yeah... *sighs* I hope she does something new.. and good. I've always wondered what would happen if Yoshihiro Togashi and naoko takeuchi (since they are married) would come out with if they worked on a project together... Prolly something good. I lke both Sailor Moon and Yu Yu Hakusho...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:47 pm
I think the only manga I'd love to gt a hold of by her (aside from BSSM/Sailor V) would be The Cherry Project. I love Naoko-sensei's art but TCP is one of her best stories, in my opinion.  

Solar Kitty-chan

whip goddess

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:56 pm
Licensing will be an issue, since it has been more than ten years after the licensing was bought. I hope that they do bring back SM. It won't be a bad idea if they were to redo the whole series. <----My opinion. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:39 pm
Yes...it's a real shame that more series aren't released of Naoko-sama's works. sad Not many people know her other titles, aside from Sailor Moon. I'd like to see that change in the upcoming years. 3nodding  

angel allure

Angelic Kitten

47,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hero 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:22 am
why has she abandoned the Sailor Moon project?? surely she realises that there are more holes in it than swiss cheese.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:01 pm
i know but maybe it was not her maybe the there are not many fans out there*thinking maybe not sailormoon is worldwide* i miss sailormoon crying crying crying crying crying sailormars u will always be mine!!!!!!!!!!  

LiL~HockeyPlaya

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:11 pm
*rolls eyes* rolleyes

She didn't -abandoned- it. She finished it. Leaving holes in it gives Fan-writers more room to work. To expand the Moonie world.

That and she was ultimately -Tired-. She has a kid. Her husband is a writer like herself. She's set for life a her kid is a bit set too.

I say a good job done to her and her husband. *they deserved to work on other things and have their break.*  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:24 pm
Luamervara
*rolls eyes* rolleyes

She didn't -abandoned- it. She finished it. Leaving holes in it gives Fan-writers more room to work. To expand the Moonie world.

That and she was ultimately -Tired-. She has a kid. Her husband is a writer like herself. She's set for life a her kid is a bit set too.

I say a good job done to her and her husband. *they deserved to work on other things and have their break.*

I agree with every point. Sailormoon was finished, regardless of the holes. And for the record, MOST finished creations (books, television series, etc.) have holes like that. It happens. She's married with a kid. She did work on some manga after the fact but family should always come before a career anyway.  

Solar Kitty-chan

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:14 am
Solar Kitty-chan
Luamervara
*rolls eyes* rolleyes

I agree with every point. Sailormoon was finished, regardless of the holes. And for the record, MOST finished creations (books, television series, etc.) have holes like that. It happens. She's married with a kid. She did work on some manga after the fact but family should always come before a career anyway.

People never seems to get the writers of the stories they love and just demand demand demand.. It's stressful thing and it's kinda insensetive to not understand the author and what they went through.  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff