Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Anime Art Academy
Color schemes, Funky hands and ink smudges. OH SHooT!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Like it?
  Love it!
  It's okay...
  I don't like it at all.
View Results

UND8NEU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:40 pm
I need help with the colors of... EVERY THING! To me, the colors depend on the colors of everything else. For example, the socks depend on the colors of the dress, the dress depends on the eyes and the hair though! xp

Also, the left hand is.... just plain messed up and the left sock is smudged. Suggestions on how to fix them? I've already inked them, and my white out never seems to be so white on my paper, so I'm not sure how to make them look any better.
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:18 am
The hands both have to be bigger; the best suggestion I can give you is to study some real hands. Otherwise, add more detail on and soften the left hand-it's too squarish.
Don't worry about the sock so much; after you color it and scan (?) it, you can increase the contrast or brightness of the picture. On the orignal picture, you'd have to settle for covering the smudge with color -_-;;;.
As for the color scheme, maybe something simple (because the design is somewhat complicated). Yellow and blue, with some silver, white and black, would be good.
For ex. Yellow socks, armband, choker, hairties, and wristband; silver bracelet, earrings and armlet; blue dress, jewel (the on choker), and hair;black belt; and white feathers.
Just vary the tints and shades of those colors for the different parts and I think it'll come our fine. wink  

tremle

King2DayOk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:52 pm
the neck & head is to big and yeah the hands seem funny, the feet seem too small as well, need to study up on your perspective alao, the whole drawing just seems wrong...meh.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:57 pm
ahh where's the mouth!!! whee  

nite elf

The Anime Art Academy

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas