Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Random Anime!
>_> oviously no one nos how to make a topic in this forum! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

subs or dubs
  subs
  dubs
  DX i love you Axel!!! *glomps* ((me=*runs*))
  >:D *splashes Axel w/ water*
  ((me: ^ oh come on! can we be serious?! >_> ))
View Results

Akuseru_Axel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:56 pm
hmm, well anime fans!.....erk......eh.....hmm.... ninja *looks around* *thinks*

well anime fans out there.....the age old question of anime....

in your opnion, whats better?

subs? or dubs?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:25 pm
Usually I prefer subs. It depends on which version voices the characters better. There are some good dubbed anime and there have been a few anime where I hated both the subbed and dubbed version...  

Immortalcrystal95

Dapper Dabbler

Ashelux
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:01 pm
i find i like to watch both and pick out wich voices are better in each anime o=  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:57 am
subbed...things go smoother that way.  

LeonScotKennedy

Jisen Meizuki

Stubborn Gifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:09 am
Immortalcrystal95
Usually I prefer subs. It depends on which version voices the characters better. There are some good dubbed anime and there have been a few anime where I hated both the subbed and dubbed version...

Like she said, I prefer subs but at the same time, it depends which version voices the characters sound better.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:57 pm
I like dubs because you can actually pay attention to whats going on in the screen instead of trying to read the words as fast as possible, but other than that, I enjoy subs more. Like previous people have said, if the dubbed voices are well done, then yay. But.. I've always found the Japanese ones better. Like in Naruto. Does anyone besides me want to seriously strangle him? *fume*  

Ankoku_Ryuu

Jisen Meizuki

Stubborn Gifter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:29 am
It's not only which voice acting sounds better. But when it comes to subtitles, it also depend which dialog scripts is better too. When I watch the original FFVII: AC before the DVD was out, the subtitles was better then the DVD subtitles too.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:43 am
Jisen Meizuki
When I watch the original FFVII: AC before the DVD was out, the subtitles was better then the DVD subtitles too.

I have to agree with that. The DVD version MAY say what the japanese ment, but the Non-DVD version was a more correct Translation. Thanks to Final Fantasy A+, my friends and I noticed that although Kadaj calls Cloud a "Traitor", the DVD version calles Cloud a "Black Sheep", or something like that, while the FanSubs, correctly, said "Traitor". There were some times that I liked the DVD version more, but for the most part the FanSub I thought did a better job.  

Ankoku_Ryuu

Jisen Meizuki

Stubborn Gifter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:15 pm
Ankoku_Ryuu
I have to agree with that. The DVD version MAY say what the japanese ment, but the Non-DVD version was a more correct Translation. Thanks to Final Fantasy A+, my friends and I noticed that although Kadaj calls Cloud a "Traitor", the DVD version calles Cloud a "Black Sheep", or something like that, while the FanSubs, correctly, said "Traitor". There were some times that I liked the DVD version more, but for the most part the FanSub I thought did a better job.

Yup, even the subtitles get subbed too. Like for example, when Denzel was heading to Beremoth (Spelling?). In the DVD, he yelled, "You did it!" or something. But in the original movie, Denzel yelled, "You son of a b-" You get the idea.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:22 pm
I can go either way.  

Revolutious

Takaho

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:39 am
Subs msot of the time due to the voice actors or if 4kids are involved crying  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:36 am
I can go either way, but I find myself going more towards dubs, partly because after I get used to English voices and then switch to Japanese ones it sounds weird, and partly because it may as well just be better to go buy the book instead of watching it in Japanese and reading along with subtitles.  

NaxreXIV

devilrider33

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:01 pm
Jisen Meizuki
Ankoku_Ryuu

Yup, even the subtitles get subbed too. Like for example, when Denzel was heading to Beremoth (Spelling?). In the DVD, he yelled, "You did it!" or something. But in the original movie, Denzel yelled, "You son of a b-" You get the idea.

I've only seen the dvd but i know denzel yells u son ofa b cuz i went back to make sure i heard him correctly the subtitles might say different though but i know subtitles can sometimes say completely different things than wat is actually said  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:29 am
subs for life :O xp  

HeartlessZexion

Sergeant CJ

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:57 pm
i fly subs  
Random Anime!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers