Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Which non-agnosic or atheist religeon do you respect most? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite Religeon that isn't Atheistm/Agnosicsm:
  Christianity
  Buddhism
  Hinduism
  Satanism
  Paganism
  Other
View Results

[The Looney Bin]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:25 pm

Personally I respect Buddhism because of the "all suffering is caused by desire", "all life is equal", and I find that if there is an afterlife that reincarnation makes the most sense (I share this thought with Hinduism).

I respect the Satanic religion because of the "anti-sheep" and "be your own god" idea of it all.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:52 am
I'm not sure if Budhism qualifies as a religion, but i do respect those precepts... since i haven't seen many racist budhists and stuff like that. BUT i'm sure there's some somewhere... every thing is possible... right?

Satanics, the silly ones that go with being "evil" and against christians amuse me, but it only takes a dumbass to believe that the christian god exists AND to top it off, go AGAINST this oh so powerful and angry/loving god.

Wiccans... well, i'm not so sure witchcraft is the answer when a doctor can pass as a shaman in these days..., but i just generally respect all the other religions that are not based on judaic versions of god. With the exception of Hindus, cuz they are some violent ******** if pushed... but then again... who the ******** isn't?  

AnonymouZ

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:21 pm
Hmmm...Hinduism for the win!

I love the whole "Respect for animals" thing they have going on there.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:35 pm
Buddhists! But Satanism is kinda kool, but Wiccans are just awesome. xp  

Death God Hitsugaya

Muaethia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:01 am
I disagree with hinduism because of their belief in an eternal soul, personal deities and, most of all, the caste system: that you are reborn into poverty only if you are a bad person, so deserve it.

Buddhism ftw. I am studying it in my A-level philosophy and religious studies class, and it's really interesting- and contains some undenyable truth, e.g. the concept of Dukkha, that everyone inevitably suffers and becomes upset- it's part of being human.

Buddhism is not a religion though, it is a philosophy, and lifestyle choice. Religion means following a God and Buddhists don't believe in a God (though it is a personal choice). It also suggests worship and they worship no-one or nothing, meditating instead. You don't have to call yourself "Buddhist" to become enlightened, indeed you cannot because attaching the label "Buddhist" to yourself is Tanha (craving/clinging/grasping), a major cause of Dukkha.

I guess you could call me partially "Buddhist" in my personal philosophies, however I do not meditate often and don't strictly follow the noble 8-fold path (I am nonviolent, and vegetarian though).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:12 pm
Muaethia
I disagree with hinduism because of their belief in an eternal soul, personal deities and, most of all, the caste system: that you are reborn into poverty only if you are a bad person, so deserve it.

Buddhism ftw. I am studying it in my A-level philosophy and religious studies class, and it's really interesting- and contains some undenyable truth, e.g. the concept of Dukkha, that everyone inevitably suffers and becomes upset- it's part of being human.

Buddhism is not a religion though, it is a philosophy, and lifestyle choice. Religion means following a God and Buddhists don't believe in a God (though it is a personal choice). It also suggests worship and they worship no-one or nothing, meditating instead. You don't have to call yourself "Buddhist" to become enlightened, indeed you cannot because attaching the label "Buddhist" to yourself is Tanha (craving/clinging/grasping), a major cause of Dukkha.

I guess you could call me partially "Buddhist" in my personal philosophies, however I do not meditate often and don't strictly follow the noble 8-fold path (I am nonviolent, and vegetarian though).

I can understand why you might disagree with it. I do disagree with those parts as well.

I am for caring about and conserving animals and what is left of thier natural habitat. In many places where the Hindu religion is prominent, animals are better tolerate and even protected. They care about animals without anyone needing to preach to them about the importance of conservation of natural habitat and the wild-life within them.

I love that part of thier culture that comes with have a religion like that.

Sanguvixen

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:27 pm
Sanguvixen
Hmmm...Hinduism for the win!

I love the whole "Respect for animals" thing they have going on there.

I'll say Hinduism as well. From what I've heard of their religion, they're very accepting, or at least tolerant, of other beliefs and ideas.

There's are some philosophy issues, but those are far from uncommon.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:06 am
Tenth Speed Writer

I'll say Hinduism as well. From what I've heard of their religion, they're very accepting, or at least tolerant, of other beliefs and ideas.

you've gotta watch that Ghandi movie... then you'll realize they're just as retarded as a plain christian.  

AnonymouZ

Muaethia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:15 am
Sanguvixen
Muaethia

I can understand why you might disagree with it. I do disagree with those parts as well.

I am for caring about and conserving animals and what is left of thier natural habitat. In many places where the Hindu religion is prominent, animals are better tolerate and even protected. They care about animals without anyone needing to preach to them about the importance of conservation of natural habitat and the wild-life within them.

I love that part of thier culture that comes with have a religion like that.

Ah, but the Buddhist principal of Ahimsa means that all of them are kind to all living things without execption, and there are Buddhist conservation charities. I havn't heard of any Hindu charities, and some of them aren't veggie. Almost all Buddhists are veggie. Therefore Buddhism is more about caring for animals.

(i'm not arguing, it's a matter of opinion, just making a point xD)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:51 am
Either Hinduism or Buddhism...Gotta go with Buddhism. (Though they're atheist, so I don't see exactly how they count...)

I do like the gods in Hinduism, though. They're much more interesting the the Abrahamic one and I find Hindu temples to be much more exciting than churches.

But that's just me.

EDIT: OOooh...And Anton LeVay rocks my socks!  

Lethkhar

+Gloria Domini+

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:25 pm
Back to the ages of power, it's time for us to learn
One day it's far too late, too late for a return

Being Christian, I hold my own religion in higher regard than all others. (Though I detest many who claim to follow it.)

I'd have to agree that Buddhism is less a religion, and more a lifestyle of sorts. If I had to be anything but Christian, though, I would definitely go with Buddhism.

(I know I'm a non-Atheist in an Atheist guild, so don't you all go and flame me at once, now.)

Arise from the cower, from the day on we have learned
It's high time to break the spell that's chaining up the world

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:39 pm
+Gloria Domini+

Being Christian, I hold my own religion in higher regard than all others. (Though I detest many who claim to follow it.)

I'd have to agree that Buddhism is less a religion, and more a lifestyle of sorts. If I had to be anything but Christian, though, I would definitely go with Buddhism.

(I know I'm a non-Atheist in an Atheist guild, so don't you all go and flame me at once, now.)

No problem. It surprised me, but whatever.

I'm atheist and I'm in two Christian guilds, so whatever...

They hate my guts.  

Lethkhar

+Gloria Domini+

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:48 pm
Lethkhar
+Gloria Domini+

No problem. It surprised me, but whatever.

I'm atheist and I'm in two Christian guilds, so whatever...

They hate my guts.

I'm hoping to be on better terms than that with all of you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:27 pm
I respect Buddhism for it is a very peaceful and true religion. Most of the things it claims such as the Four Noble truths are very true.  

Vedun

PickleBoy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:22 pm
I <3 Buddhism and Paganism. Thats my vote for the win. And since it is my vote, everyone bow down before me! HAHAHAHAHA.... Sorry, feeling kinda... weird... and... Oh chicken!  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff