Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Goin back tomorow

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Candy Store Massacre

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:05 pm
My school lets in tomorrow...and of course i don't wanna go. I'm posting here cause the LI is to busy answering problems about teenage sex and off-scheduled periods. My grades lack becuase i'm habitually lazy and would rather sleep then do homework. I don't study becuase i truly can't just sit and read a book for information (I'm a hands on leaner). Life continues to get better, as i am grounded for every assignment that gets an F on it, even a 1/2. I dislike most of my teachers and vise versa. Like every year since kindergarden my teachers have allways said "He's a very bright boy, if only he would apply himself." which is true, just a Q&A in class will prove it, but I can't seem to apply that to work. Which is the problem because almost nothing will motivate me, and that goes for other things besides school as well. So basically after I put you through that wonderful wall of text I could prob use some advice. Is there anyway to motivate myself, or is there really any solution to this at all?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:07 am
Take classes only which you're interested in, if that is possible. I'm a lazy arse too but it's got better since I started 6th form college, where the learning is more hands-on and I'm studying only my four favourite subjects.

If you don't want to go to school, join some more clubs or something. In school, like lunchtime or free periods (if you get them) or after school. If you look forward to going because of this, it might not be so bad.

For motivation, get a good night's sleep every night. And drink lots of tea (sorry, I'm a Brit...).

Muaethia

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:07 pm
Think about how proud you will be to walk across the stage. Think about how proud your parents (should you have a pair that actually care) will feel.

Is that not motivation enough?

I find that putting your footdown towards yourself is the best way to fix problems. It is when you gain enough self-control to not allow yourself to do any extracurricular activies until the main work for school is done.

Get a good nights sleep everynight, and eat something however small in the morning before heading off. Having something in your stomach when you head off does wonders for your energy and mind.

When you do sit down to study or do work...put on some easy listening music...put it fairly light just enough so you hear it but it doesn't distract you. Peaceful music can help you concetrate better or at least I find it to be that way.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:34 pm
I can honestly say I don't like my school. I'v lost the majority of my enthusiasm for High School over the year and a half I'v been in it.

Mainly, because I'v been to seven diffrent schools over this year and a half. -_-;

My dad says that because I'm in the military, I get to expeirence things the kids here will never expeirence.

Well, in truth...I interpret it as I'l always have to make new friends. I'm shy enough as it is, so I can honestly say it's difficult to make freinds, let alone when all of them are just sex-crazed, immature morons.

The fact of my graduation, however, that's a good thing. But, of course, in this place, I honestly can say I'd be disgusted to graduate. The first High School I was in was enough, I had friends whom were practically family, and understood me and accepted me better than they did. Especially my atheism.

Irregardless, I push forward to make my parents proud...though as of lately the enthusiasm for school has hit an all time low.

Still, I'm very happy my dad tries to make things better, and my mom...well, I'm happy she's still in Texas, somewhat. Living with her is one fight after another...  

Nergalitos

Celebrating Reveler

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:52 pm
I don't really know what to suggest. I graduated 3rd in my class and had tons of AP credits for college. I really don't know why exactly I was motivated though. I could do the work and I liked working on stuff. I enjoyed AP US history and AP gov. I was almost a political science major. I'm still thinking about a history major.
I guess I was willing to do well just because if I had to do it then I wanted to do well. My parents were proud but they knew they didn't need to encourage me or check up on me. I wanted to do what I was doing. I'm a bit competitive, which probably helped xD Motivation for me was just - I know I can do it and I'm going to. I didn't just read, sometimes I'd re-copy notes or take notes on my own.
I didn't mind the people at highschool or immaturity. My own group was a little odd and such xD But then, I was at the same highschool with the same people I went to elementary and middle school with so things felt more comfortable and relaxed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:39 pm
sanguvixen
Think about how proud you will be to walk across the stage. Think about how proud your parents (should you have a pair that actually care) will feel.

Oh they care about me, but not the other way around, I'm for all intensive puproses a failed trial run. There much happier with my sister at the moment..who ironically is gettingthe same grades I did. I just don't care about them anymore, yes I know that they provide for me, but it's at quite a cost to my tolerance and sanity.

c a u s t i c
I don't really know what to suggest. I graduated 3rd in my class and had tons of AP credits for college. I really don't know why exactly I was motivated though. I could do the work and I liked working on stuff. I enjoyed AP US history and AP gov. I was almost a political science major. I'm still thinking about a history major.
I guess I was willing to do well just because if I had to do it then I wanted to do well. My parents were proud but they knew they didn't need to encourage me or check up on me. I wanted to do what I was doing. I'm a bit competitive, which probably helped xD Motivation for me was just - I know I can do it and I'm going to. I didn't just read, sometimes I'd re-copy notes or take notes on my own.
I didn't mind the people at highschool or immaturity. My own group was a little odd and such xD But then, I was at the same highschool with the same people I went to elementary and middle school with so things felt more comfortable and relaxed.

It's not that i'm uncomfortable with school, it's just that i don't like how it's set up. I don't like homework, i'd rather just do more work while i'm there. I'm happy with all my freinds, and that's one of the main reason I don't flip out. I really hate being taught too, i'd be happier if you just let me go in a museum and stay there all day. I can't seem to apply myself is really the main problem, I have absolutely no problem with the curriculum, infact I enjoy learning it. I would actually love to be one of those people who want to get up and do well in school. I used to actually be one of the top in my class as well, up until 5th grade and I had striaght A's, but becuase of issues I had with that teacher, I didn't even want to get up in the morning. Therapy hasn't helped either rofl . *sigh*  

The Candy Store Massacre

The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff