Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
What Pisses You Off Today? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Feeling on Ann Coulter.....
  Die....NOW!
  Ok person
  I adore Ann Coulter. (Can you really say that with a strait face?)
View Results

cup_noodles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:27 pm
Well my fellow atheists what pisses you off today? It doesn't have to be religiously related, really.

So I was volunteering at the local hospital. I was bringing food to this 9 year old girl who was terminally ill. I started talking to her and she told me that she really wanted to die yet was terribly afraid to do so at the same time. When I asked her why she said that she was in pain right now and really just wanted God to take her. But then she went on to saying that she'll never reach heaven. I found out that whatever church she went to had taught her that the only way to get to heaven was to love God and Jesus more than anyone else in the whole world. And she had told me that no matter how much she wanted to get into heaven she loved her parents more. I don't know about you but it just made me cry. Not from sadness but from how people can make kids suffer like this. It really pisses me off.

Discuss and share your own stories. Have fun.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:32 am
A certain 15 year old 4'-nothing rat at school that seems to have no greater purpose than drawing attention to my romantic life given nothing but the name of my lady friend. It was nothing at first, but he has half the lower class doing the same, obsessively.

I can't do anything about it, because he's the son of my Spanish teacher (Wonderful woman). Circumstances regardless, she'll take his side before mine any time, and as far as I know, she's been friends with the principal since before most of my class was born.

On a related note, those who don't believe in an internet-based teenage romance can bite my hind quarters. Period.  

Tenth Speed Writer

AnonymouZ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:19 am
This wasn't today... but yesternight i asked my brother if god was omnipotent. He said yes. I said, " so he could do ANYthing and EVERYthing?" he said yes, making it known in his answer that he wasn't going to be amused by my next question. Yet i still asked him "Do you think he can build a wall that even he can't ?" Without hesitation and not in the least interested tone he said yes. I asked him, how is that possible? He said " well, he's god, he can do whatever he wants." Then i proceeded to try to show him that not even gods, or the current definition of gods, can do anything against a paradox like such. but he just wouldn't budge and said he didn't care. That he knew god could because god could do anything. (the idea of building a wall that even god CAN'T jump seems to avoid a THINKING mechanism, so did the fact that if god CAN jump the wall, then god would've FAILED at building the wall that he couldn't jump.)

Nevertheless he just said yes, god is omnipotent, and he can do whatever he wants.

It just amazed me and ******** pissed me off that the... brainwashing these christian idiots go through. i mean... he WOULDN'T even try to think about the situation and blindly answered yes. So i guess what pisses me off is that right now, in some part of the planet, some retard believer is blindedly answering questions that require thinking, while refusing to pay attention to the question, and thus THINK.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:36 pm
I'm pissing my self off at the moment. o.x Priorities, getting things done, yadda yadda. I should get a job but I know I'm so ******** slow with my studio classes that I wouldn't have time. And I feel really like I have so much less work to show than the other sculpture majors. D:<
Also kind of pissed off (not seriously though) because I am, unfortunately, a Cowboys fan. Not that they lost horribly, but that I'm not even surprised enough to really be upset xDD

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:09 pm
Anonymouz
This wasn't today... but yesternight i asked my brother if god was omnipotent. He said yes. I said, " so he could do ANYthing and EVERYthing?" he said yes, making it known in his answer that he wasn't going to be amused by my next question. Yet i still asked him "Do you think he can build a wall that even he can't ?" Without hesitation and not in the least interested tone he said yes. I asked him, how is that possible? He said " well, he's god, he can do whatever he wants." Then i proceeded to try to show him that not even gods, or the current definition of gods, can do anything against a paradox like such. but he just wouldn't budge and said he didn't care. That he knew god could because god could do anything. (the idea of building a wall that even god CAN'T jump seems to avoid a THINKING mechanism, so did the fact that if god CAN jump the wall, then god would've FAILED at building the wall that he couldn't jump.)

Nevertheless he just said yes, god is omnipotent, and he can do whatever he wants.

It just amazed me and ******** pissed me off that the... brainwashing these christian idiots go through. i mean... he WOULDN'T even try to think about the situation and blindly answered yes. So i guess what pisses me off is that right now, in some part of the planet, some retard believer is blindedly answering questions that require thinking, while refusing to pay attention to the question, and thus THINK.

Why did you even bother going at him about it?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:57 pm
Tenth Speed Writer

On a related note, those who don't believe in an internet-based teenage romance can bite my hind quarters. Period.

Hehe No rump biting for me, but they have known to be falty.  

The Candy Store Massacre

AnonymouZ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:57 am
Tenth Speed Writer

Why did you even bother going at him about it?

I like to reaffirm my notion that all the christians at home are retards who DON'T think. Or reason... hell, dictionaryly speaking, no christian can reason and believe in christ at the same time... right?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:43 am
Joking about rape makes me see red. I can't stand how people find it so amusing these days, enough to say, "OMG! IT'S SURPRISE SEX!"

Xiporah

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:01 pm
Hmmm...I just got home from College. I cleaned the litterbox and took the bag to the trash can outside.

Right now I'm hot under the heels. There is a white trash family that lives behind my home. Their back-yard is always a disgusting mess of chopped wood, and trash.

They have two dogs that they don't care about. They only care about them when it is conveinent for them. They are lazy, fat, ignorant, cowardly, rude....and if I have anything to say about it within the next month...they're going to be petless and hopefully in jail.

The two dogs back there are emaciated. They are not being fed. How do I know? When I glanced back to look at the dogs who were barking at me...I could visually see their bones beginning to stick out of thier bodies.

I've watched too many animal shows to not know that beneath thier fur coats is little more than a skeleton desperate for nourishment.

;fumes; Those bastards, those sick bastards are going down. I've been able to tolerate the barking to some extent...but to leave those poor animals out in the cold, and not even feed them? That's the last straw.

I'm going to make sure that sometime very soon Animal Control or the local SPCA knows that there are two dogs who are being subject to animal cruelty...and I'm going to do something I should have done a long time ago, and intefere. If I don't...those animals are going to suffer, and very soon die.

Sanguvixen has zero tolerence for animal abuse. Especially when it is something so simple as just feeding an animal. If you can feed yourself, you can feed your pets.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:27 pm
Watching those shows on Animal Planet makes me wonder how people can do stuff like that. Seriously? If you buy the pet, you obviously want one. But if you can't take the responsibility, then don't get one. *rolls eyes* I agree with you Sangu. Go take 'em on head first! Maybe they'll be put on tv. So the whole world will know their stupidity.

Currently, for some odd reason, I have no tolerance for my roomies. Dunno why, they just piss me off right now.  

PickleBoy

Muaethia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:47 am
Sanguvixen
Sanguvixen has zero tolerence for animal abuse. Especially when it is something so simple as just feeding an animal. If you can feed yourself, you can feed your pets.

Does Sanguvixen eat meat?

I'm no PETA "YOU MUST ALL GO VEGAN" nutter, but...

I don't understand people who reckon themselves to be animal lovers but don't mind eating their flesh. When there's really so many alternatives around. I mean, if we HAD to eat them to stay healthy that's excusable, but most people can stay perfectly healthy without.

What pisses me off at the moment is that any random brainless fundie t**t can get to a political position of power, and have it in his power to launch nuclear weapons that could destroy the world "in the name of god". Both Bush and the Taliban type people. I'm sick of it. If the world was run by Atheists... you think there would be as much war?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:46 pm
Muaethia
Sanguvixen

Does Sanguvixen eat meat?

I'm no PETA "YOU MUST ALL GO VEGAN" nutter, but...

I don't understand people who reckon themselves to be animal lovers but don't mind eating their flesh. When there's really so many alternatives around. I mean, if we HAD to eat them to stay healthy that's excusable, but most people can stay perfectly healthy without.

What pisses me off at the moment is that any random brainless fundie t**t can get to a political position of power, and have it in his power to launch nuclear weapons that could destroy the world "in the name of god". Both Bush and the Taliban type people. I'm sick of it. If the world was run by Atheists... you think there would be as much war?

Yes she does. Only two kinds. Fish, and poultry. It's mostly fish though. If you are going to tell me that I can't care about animals, and be a normal omnivorous human being at the same time...than you can bugger off. You don't want to go there.

I don't understand vegetarians and thier hoo-ha about "We don't have to eat animals to live anymore". Eating plants is no different than eating animals. Both are considered organisms...and both are living things.

To say eating plants is better than eating animals is kind of foolish becuase both are living, breathing organisms. For that matter every time you touch something you kill bacteria...so go feel sorry for the death of millions of simple celled organisms every second of your life if you will.

I could go on a whole tanget to describe how stupid and illogical the idea of "Saving animals by becoming a vegetarian is". It'll blow your mind what I have to say on that topic. That's offtopic. Being a meat eater does not make you an animal abuser. Taking a dog, throwing it into a hazardous back yard, and not feeding it to the point that it is emaciated....that makes you an animal abuser.

I have no tolerance for that.

As to the other thing? Yeah...well what can you do? I'm sick of those kind of people too...but there isn't much you can do. War is part of human nature. It isn't going to go away.

Wars will come and go wether or not religion exists. I don't buy the "Our world would be better off without religion"...because getting of religion only elimates one vector of aggression between people that leads to war. It doens't eliminate all of them.

Sanguvixen

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:26 pm
||_______________________

• I'd go on the animal tangent too, but that'd be a good separate topic and I already have a very good tangent in store :0 Maybe I'll make one later but sangu would probably do better since I know she has lots more to say on it if she feels like starting one xDD

And yeah. Religion or not, war= very human. Not just religious. It's the people and the people's aims not just the supposed religious aims. You can't separate and say the religion is the fault. The reasons are tied to more than the religion even if it seems like that's it. Erm >.< I guess I mean that in order for religion to be gone humanity would have to be different, not all people who are religious are 'bad' so it's not just the element of religion at play. And if they were to also avoid war then there would have to be other changes too. I dunno how to phrase it. But it's not just religion when we created religion.
_______________________||

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:45 pm
Back to the ages of power, it's time for us to learn
One day it's far too late, too late for a return

It pisses me off when liberals are just as closed-minded as the conservatives they so fervently persecute. I am not referring to anyone in here, and I mean no offense by this statement. This pertains more to the liberals I knew in high school than anyone else.

When someone who preaches about how we should accept everyone for who they are, regardless of sexual orientation or faith, and then turns around and condemns everyone belonging to a certain group because that group stereotypically hates the people said person is defending, it pisses me off. The most common examples would be people who hate Christians for hating gays, and those who hate Christians for hating all other religions.

Not all of us fit into your cookie-cutter world, sorry.

(Note: I am not trying to offend anyone; if this hit a little close to home, rather than flaming, I urge you try to be a bit more open-minded.)

Arise from the cower, from the day on we have learned
It's high time to break the spell that's chaining up the world

+Gloria Domini+

russiangal367

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:47 pm
Hmm, what pisses me off today?
At the top of my list: Bush
Afterwards: Iraq War
Next: Bush's staff
Next: Rest of the politicians

I hate the fact that the American government can so easily ignore ethical issues. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 but they do have a lot to do with oil. The building they just attacked was in fact the Iranian embassy in Iraq and not a buisness building. I despise the Bush administration so much that I would willingly change my independent party status to Democratic (who are absically the same set of idiots only they control our money and not our ethics. I hate them as well and would never vote for them) just to see him out of the White House. To me, that's the worst it can get.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff