Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Defenders

Back to Guilds

A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply Conspiracy Theories and Speculations: Who's Ash's Daddy?
Aipom getting hit by shadowball?!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

melikefood

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:31 pm
So I was watching some new episodes of Pokemon.
And then Ash's Aipom which is a normal type, gets hit by a Weavile's shadow ball and gets a one hit K.O.
The reason this makes no sense to me is because in the game normal type Pokemon aren't effected at all by ghost type attacks and vice versa.
And I remember in one episode Gary's Umbreon wasn't effected by an Alakazam's Psychic attack.
So...WTF? confused  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:18 pm
The anime's messed up like that.

Pokemon anime rules NOT equivilant to Pokemon Game.

Otherwise Ash's pokemon would've evolved to their final state by the time they got to a new town.

Or worse yet, the opponents faceable in both the game and anime would be THAT WEAK.  

Melody Hikari-Shinu Anson

Fluffy Bachelorette

10,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

electric_emu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:08 pm
If you've noticed, in an episode of Battle Frontier, Banette gets hit with tackle by May's Squirtle. The anime isn't exactly tuned to the games  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:52 am
The anime is now REALLY sucky since they changed the voices. And don't even get me started on that crappy ending music " Yo! Pokemon masters...." It is so lame.  

ShadowEnchantress

Andoruu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:24 am
ShadowEnchantress
The anime is now REALLY sucky since they changed the voices. And don't even get me started on that crappy ending music " Yo! Pokemon masters...." It is so lame.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I miss Veronica Taylor. ;-;

But yeah, it kinda bugs me how the anime isn't fitted to the games too.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:30 am
electric_emu
If you've noticed, in an episode of Battle Frontier, Banette gets hit with tackle by May's Squirtle. The anime isn't exactly tuned to the games

I agree with electric emu.The game rules must be different from the game rules  

CardcaptorNicole

2,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200

PyrusXIII

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:49 pm
The Anime has never followed the "None-effective" rules. The very first example was Pikachu beating Onix when Ash faced Brock for the first time. Granted, Onix was soaked in water, but it was still a stretch. Another instance was in Pokemon: the First Movie, Pikachu blasted a Golem and Golem dropped after the first shot. There have been tons of these situations involving all the characters. It's just something that the world has to accept.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:37 pm
If they set ground rules then they shouldn't break them for ANY REASON.  

RobX2000

Profitable Conversationalist

7,400 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Conspiracy Theories and Speculations: Who's Ash's Daddy?

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games