Reply Ear Piercings
Barbell -> Ring

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kseniya`

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:51 am
I got my tragus pierced 3 months ago, and I want to change my barbell to a ring... but I have no clue what to get. I don't even know what gauge it was pierced at, but I'm thinking it's 16g. So I have a couple questions;

1. What kind of ring do I need?
2. What diameter should it be?
3. Should it be steel or acrylic?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:55 am
Everybody is different, but I would go with Stainless steel (Or titanium) Over acrylic.

You could either get a Captive Bead Ring (Which I think looks better, but that's just me), or some sort of a horseshoe shaped ring.

Diameter of the ring will depend, So I would suggest going back to the person who pierced it and asking them what they thing would be most appropriate for the piercing.

April_Ethereal

kseniya`

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:53 am
Metal_Mistress
Everybody is different, but I would go with Stainless steel (Or titanium) Over acrylic.

You could either get a Captive Bead Ring (Which I think looks better, but that's just me), or some sort of a horseshoe shaped ring.

Diameter of the ring will depend, So I would suggest going back to the person who pierced it and asking them what they thing would be most appropriate for the piercing.

Thank you. :]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:53 am
I think that most tragus jewlery is about 8mm in diameter..but it depends, I would go ask the place you got it pierced..  

CandyCaneRazorBlade

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:37 am
One way to check size:
http://jewelry.about.com/cs/identifyjewelry/l/blgaugechart.htm
Make sure the square is one inch.

1. What kind of ring do I need?
Either a CBR or a circular barbell will work.

2. What diameter should it be?
This is entirely up to you. I like 'em as small as possible.

Stainless steel. A lot of people don't wear acrylic for long periods of time because it relases small amounts of toxins into your body.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:21 pm
`dagon
Stainless steel. A lot of people don't wear acrylic for long periods of time because it relases small amounts of toxins into your body.
That depends on the quality of the acrylic, though it is a good rule to go by.

From a purely aesthetic perspective, the tiniest ring you can find in the right gauge will probably be really cute. If you can find something to match for your lobes, 18k-24k gold tends to be nice and safe, too.

<3 tragus piercings.  

Lydia Desdemona

Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces